Koromon GEM Figure Set Up For Pre-Order

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After seeing this one quite a bit it's finally up for preorder!

Image Thumbnail

Yep, the Koromon figure set.

This will be a quite reasonable 3,996 yen.

Pre-orders begin on March 3rd and orders will ship in August.

This set contains 5 different Koromon's from various moments of Adventure and the first movie.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

We have young Hikari with Koromon, Koromon holding watermelon, Koromon running/hopping excitedly, Koromon sleeping on a pillow, and of course, Koromon on the toilet.

They've also put up a number of images showing Koromon and the accessories (the toilet and poop) with other GEM figures.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

A few notes on the various accessories if you are thinking order:
The toilet and poop accessories can easily be used in other ways.
Hikari doesn't appear to separate from her Koromon.
The Koromon on the pillow doesn't appear to be able to separate from the pillow.
The Koromon with the watermelon doesn't appear to separate from the watermelon.
The various other figures, along with the bed, table, couch, etc. obviously don't come with the set.

Premium Bandai and Megatreshop have put up preorders, among others. If you want to be sure you get one contact an intermediary, but it seems likely this one will be made available to non-Japanese distribution.

If you want to use an intermediary....

If you want to import this for yourself you'll want to contact an intermediary. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan
Japan Hero

The item's Bandai page just went up, so there won't be a standby page on the sites with storefronts at the time of this posting, but they all should be willing to take your order via email, even if they don't have a storefront (you'll likely need to provide them with the link to the Bandai page.)

Remember that with an intermediary you are going to end up paying more than the retail price.

Previous news about the Koromon figures can be found here.

Update- If you want to avoid a middleman, Crunchyroll currently has the Koromon set up for pre-order!

It should ship in October. It costs $27. $26 for premium members.

Thanks to KoushiroIZZYIzumi for the news.

DaemonCorps

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very nice! If anything, I might just have to pick these guys up if/when Crunchyroll gets them from their shop.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it super weird that I suddenly want all of the figures just to pose them with that toilet?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did the third set with Terrier and Lopmin get delayed till March? I never got my confirmation. Hobby link Japan says if was released the 29 of Feb but Amiami says March.

Can someone post when this goes up on regular retailers? I'm sure it will but if not I want to order it asap so it doesn't go out of stock. It just looks so good.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did the third set with Terrier and Lopmin get delayed till March? I never got my confirmation. Hobby link Japan says if was released the 29 of Feb but Amiami says March.

Can someone post when this goes up on regular retailers? I'm sure it will but if not I want to order it asap so it doesn't go out of stock. It just looks so good.
The problem is there is no such thing as a 'regular' retailer.

Items like this have official release dates, but most places will get them either right before or a bit after depending on any number of things.

If you ordered it, you're likely to get it. Best to just be calm and wait, and look at your retailers estimated dates as a guide.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks.

By regular I meant HLJ, Amiami, Hobbysearch and places you won't need an middleman for, almost everything seems to be P bandai releases recently.

I ordered it from HLJ before, and they've been known to not get enough stock in for preorders. It's actually happened to me before. But I'm pretty sure it's coming out late March and HLJ hasn't updated the info.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks.

By regular I meant HLJ, Amiami, Hobbysearch and places you won't need an middleman for, almost everything seems to be P bandai releases recently.

I ordered it from HLJ before, and they've been known to not get enough stock in for preorders. It's actually happened to me before. But I'm pretty sure it's coming out late March and HLJ hasn't updated the info.
Actually, plenty is available to SOME degree normally.

I post it as 'news' which tends to mean I'm posting whoever has it first with the details. That tends to be Premium Bandai because that's what they do.

Because I don't have the cash to buy much of this stuff, it means once the article is written, I rarely look at stores for the item in the future.

Generally speaking, once a news article goes up, check daily for a week or two at various stories.

While I just don't have the time to do it, often members will comment a couple weeks later that they have orders in at various places.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not going up anywhere else, it's a P Bandai exclusive. My middleman From Japan stopped taking orders. I really should have known better. It's just the first 3 were retail and not exclusive. :(

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you want to be sure you get one contact an intermediary, but it seems likely this one will be made available to non-Japanese distribution.
Forget the middleman. Crunchyroll has it up for preorder for $27.00 US or $26.00 for premium members (Suggested retail price according to them is $27.38).

Estimated arrival: October 2016

Last edited:

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the heads up on Crunchyroll. Pre-ordering right now!