Komondomon, voiced by Daisuke Yokoyama, is the new Digimon in Adventure: episode 31

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A new Digimon was shown off in the preview for episode 31, but we had no further information on him until now.

The new Digimon is Komondomon. Komondomon is a Digimon that protects the children, while also acting as a vehicle to take them to their destination.

He will be voiced by popular children's entertainer Daisuke Yokoyama.

Komondomon is themed after the Komondor dog breed, with some fun mechanical flourishes since he is also a vehicle.

More information about Komondomon, along with a short interview with Yokoyama was put on the official Adventure: site.

We also got a bit more animated profile art of Komondomon, along with an image of Yokoyama in the booth.

Digimon Adventure: episode 31, A New Darkness, Millenniumon!, airs this weekend, with the show returning from a one week New Year's break.

Attachments

Infinity Master

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm expecting it to be an alternative evolution to Labramon.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, land Whamon/Doradimon. Surprised they didn’t just recycle Trailmon.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a Good Boy. I love "vehicle animals" like this. Also, totally the mystery Adult in Pen Z Metal Empire, right?

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if it'll be the new transport for the digidestined after ElDoradimon, the size and shape seem to suggest so.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It felt like it's more of.... Digimon version of Star Wars transportation. And it is hardly Digimon design.

I guess Labramon will have another new evo line.

Komondor dog. Huh why does it sound like it's some kind of lizard name?

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that thing doesn't have 6-8 legs i'll be shocked. Not a bad name fairly straight forward yet without a bit of research it would elude most. Sparrow... the reason it sounds like a lizard is the Komodo dragon.

But as i look at it naturally all that white with the few spots of brown i cant help but think of Appa the Sky Bison. As well as another animal transport hybrid that at least for japan is probably a little more well known than Appa. Of course I speak of the legendary CatBus...so yeah I honestly wont be surprised if this dog tank has multiple legs hiding under its shaggy coat.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if its the mystery champion in metal empire Z? If it’s level is champion.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol More trailmon like digimon
It looked pretty much like we kinda saw from the preview

Why do i have a feeling the next bext episode may have a little recap while they ride the Dog xD

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Norimon but all of them except the Locomons and Valvemon are Adults.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that thing doesn't have 6-8 legs i'll be shocked. Not a bad name fairly straight forward yet without a bit of research it would elude most. Sparrow... the reason it sounds like a lizard is the Komodo dragon.

But as i look at it naturally all that white with the few spots of brown i cant help but think of Appa the Sky Bison. As well as another animal transport hybrid that at least for japan is probably a little more well known than Appa. Of course I speak of the legendary CatBus...so yeah I honestly wont be surprised if this dog tank has multiple legs hiding under its shaggy coat.
"Komondo"/Komondor really sounded like it's lizard name and more than this Komodo dragon.

lol Appa same here. But with Digimon version of... Star Wars Sandcrawler.

Multiple legs... Really too freaky for a cyborg dog. How about the tank tread wheels?

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The design is simple yet genius. I love the doggo already. Hopefully its profile mentions certain digimon.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if its the mystery champion in metal empire Z? If it’s level is champion.
If it is then we can expect it to appear in the roster page and Reference Book this coming Sunday the 10th after the episode has aired on Saturday.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my only complaint is that Komondomon needs side windows. You can't drive with only front windows! And you'll be blind to Komondomon being flanked unless you expose yourself by going onto its back dock.
Otherwise this cutie is like Appa from Avatar the Last Airbender but it can't fly and is a dog car

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My issue with comparing it to Appa is honestly its just got appa's color going for it. I get more of a catbus vibewhich is why i won't be surprised if it has multiple legs hiding under that fur... and who knows maybe the furis just hiding side windows...though the trailer image does look like theres at least a posibility of side windows in the drivers area I guess just not the back passenger area.

Plus thats why he's got a deck on his back you can just have a scout out there be like " yeah they're gaining on us"

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it is then we can expect it to appear in the roster page and Reference Book this coming Sunday the 10th after the episode has aired on Saturday.
Tbf, we thought that about DarkMaildramon, and he wasn't in the Vpet - but still ended up in the DRB after the episode aired anyway.

Surely they won't pull that twice lol, this doggo has to be in the Pen Z II lol

and I wonder if the name is also meant to be a bit of a pun - the metal stuff could be from "Commando", which sounds like Komondo., so Komondo+Commando design

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and I wonder if the name is also meant to be a bit of a pun - the metal stuff could be from "Commando", which sounds like Komondo., so Komondo+Commando design
I thought about that as well it does sound like commando... and would explain the troop carrier type feel he's got going for him. It would make sense i mean his name seems to be straight up based on the breed name. "Komondor" and being a sheep dog they are known for protecting livestock and such... and even being good to have around kids I guess. So Ibet they were looking at images of stuff they could turn into digimon... saw that dog that looked like a mop... wanted to do something found out it was called a Komondor ... Commandor? ... Troop carrier dog monster.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be cool if it’s profile stated it transports Sheepmon inside it.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my only complaint is that Komondomon needs side windows. You can't drive with only front windows! And you'll be blind to Komondomon being flanked unless you expose yourself by going onto its back dock.
Otherwise this cutie is like Appa from Avatar the Last Airbender but it can't fly and is a dog car
I mean, it's better than Whamon, right. Lol