Kizuna Vanquish Collaboration w/ Products Next Week, Plus Kizuna Screenings w/ Guests

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A couple of fun things to go over...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, a new collaboration! This time the collaboration is with popular men's streetwear Vanquish.

They will have a number of items that will be sold at:
Vanquish Magnet by Shibuya109
Vanquish Shinsaibashi BigStep
Vanquish Online

Vanquish Online ships worldwide for those who want to import.

All the items will be released on February 14th.

One of the pieces of key art they were showing were Taichi and Agumon, from the Last Evolution Kizuna teaser art, with Taichi in Vanquish clothes, in front of the Shibuya109 shopping center.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They also showed off a similar shot of Yamato and Gabumon from the front, with Yamato in Vanquish gear also (the art looks familiar, but off the top of my head I don't recall where it's from, if we've seen it before...) and a similar shot of Agumon with a real person wearing the same jacket.

And Vanquish, which talks about being 'born' in Shibuya, wouldn't quite properly be Shibuya without two more Digimon cameoing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pumpmon and Gotsumon!

Onto the collaboration goods.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A large montage shot of everything.

Some of the items we have larger and better shots of, others we don't yet.

First up, the Taichi and Agumon items.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Taichi and Agumon Shirt (item VGC1254)- These have the image of Taichi and Agumon in Shibuya on the front.
7,150 yen
This comes in white, black, and orange.
The sizes are small, medium, and large.

Taichi and Agumon Hoodie (item VGC1255)- These have the image of Taichi and Agumon in Shibuya on the back, text down one arm, a number of crests of courage down the other arm, and a Digivice on the front.
11,000 yen
This comes in white, black, and orange.

Then the Yamato and Gabumon items.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Yamato and Gabumon Shirt (item VGC1256)- These have the image of Yamato and Gabumon in Shibuya on the front.
7,150 yen
This comes in white, black, and blue.

Yamato and Gabumon Hoodie (item VGC1257)- These have the image of Yamato and Gabumon in Shibuya on the back, text down one arm, a number of crests of friendship down the other arm, and a Digivice on the front.
11,000 yen
This comes in white, black, and blue.

Last up for clothes is the Omegamon items.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Omegamon items use what looks to be Omegamon's profile artwork from tri., with Vanquish in text and flowers behind him.

Omegamon Shirt (item VGC1258)- This has the Omegamon image and Vanquish text on the front.
7,150 yen
This comes in white and black.

Omegamon Hoodie (item VGC1259)- This has the Omegamon image and Vanquish text on the front. Each sleeve has spritework from Agumon, Gabumon, and their evolutions.
11,000 yen
This comes in white and black.

And the last item to purchase...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Drawstring bags with a Digivice design on it.

Drawstring bag (item VGC1211)
4,950 yen
This comes in black, orange, and blue. The color decides other design elements. Black has the combined courage/frienship crest in the Digivice on the bag and the strap has both Agumon and Gabumon related spritework. Orange has the crest of courage and Agumon spritework. Blue has the crest of friendship and Gabumon related spritework.

And a freebie...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A book featuring the collaboration visuals will be distributed free when the items are released on February 14th in stores and online.

Definitely something different for Digimon.

Then we have a few different special screenings on February 22nd...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some Kizuna screenings the day after the film comes out will have special guests!

They will be held at the Shinjuku Wald 9, which has been treated as a home base theater for Digimon in the past.

And the guests and screening details...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

3 different screenings will have special guests for a talk.

1- After the 10:45am screening
The cast for all the Adventure kids and Digimon, plus director Tomohisa Taguchi.

2- Before the 1:45pm screening
The cast for all the Adventure kids.

3- Before the 2pm screening
The cast for all the Adventure Digimon.

Tickets will be 2,100 yen each and there will be three ticket groups. The Ticket Pia purchase page is here. The P-Code, if needed, is: 551-006

Extra Early tickets via a lottery system between February 8th at 11am and February 13th at 11am. Results will be announced February 13th at 6pm.
Early tickets via a lottery system between February 9th at 11am and February 14th at 11am. Results will be announced February 14th at 6pm.
Normal ticketing will begin on February 15th at 10am via Ticket Pia (online and shops), along with 7-11 convenience stores.

A person can apply for up to 4 tickets.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21 in Japan and March 25th in the US.

Attachments

Last edited:

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it funny that most of the offerings from that Digimon x Vanquish collaboration are clothing items with just one of these two pics just slapped on the front of them.

For t-shirts and hoodies that range between $65-$100 US, you would expect a little effort put into them. Then again, part of me is not surprised because other "trendy, streetwear" brands have taken this laid-back approach before.

I've seen better looking unlicensed shirts from those independent artists you would see on those pop-culture t-shirt online shops.

Also.......

Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)

Another funny thing about this is that the only clothing item Taichi and Yamato are seen wearing in those key art pieces is one of those souvenir-style jackets that Vanquish currently sells as part of their regular collection. Now that is currently being sold at a whopping 24,200 yen (about $220 US) though there is a chance in the future that this can go on sale for as much as half off.

(the art looks familiar, but off the top of my head I don't recall where it's from, if we've seen it before...)
I think they used the same art that was used to promote Kizuna but with the jacket and Shibuya added in the background.

For some reason I'm reminded of that questionable art used in that Digimon x Super Groupies collaboration.

And Vanquish, which talks about being 'born' in Shibuya, wouldn't quite properly be Shibuya without two more Digimon cameoing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pumpmon and Gotsumon!
And the only effort that was put into this collab' was something you couldn't buy after all.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol. Thank God neither of our characters are wearing that real dude’s entire outfit. Are those Elvis pants and high heels all one piece of clothing? Agumon’s expression seems fitting.