Kizuna Theater Expansion, New Theater Gift, New Larger Digimon Art & Profiles, & Japanese Twitter Contest

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But it's possible there are few ones doesn't stay true to their true attributes like Wormmon, Guilmon, Rasenmon Fury Mode, even... Snimon used as the enemies despite it's Vaccine.
If you want a list that doesn't match their attributes, Tankmon, Gokumon and Craniummon who look like it's Virus types. Volcdramon is Data yet Vorvomon's evo line is fully Virus... My guess is volcanic gases are toxic maybe that's the major reason they always emit volcanic smokes?
The reason is why BanchoMamemon have Data attribute because the most of Mamemon species are Data... Even MameTyramon, ThunderBallmon, Igamon, etc. Of course, some Data digimons does have WEAPONS while Virus ones are just demonic creatures or feral. Digimon logic. No worries SparkGold!

Just think of Data attribute as nature: animal/creatures, plants, etc like that. Honestly I can think up of better description... Maybe somebody will explain better than me?

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Attributes is something that I actually dont understand in digimon, most vaccines can be seen as good but based on a vaccines sheer nature and on their own justice, can sometimes make actions that are looked as evil, example omegamon in v-tamers and chronicles, and then you have virus attribute, most who are this attribute are evil digimon who wants to f everything up and ruin peace, in digital world lore that is how they are born so it cant be helped but then you have dukemon, crusadermon which are part of royal knight as well, finally you have digimon like omegamon alter s/blitzgreymon and ragnalordmon who are no doubt good in nature most likely, then you have a case of beelzebumon and lucemon in demon lords faction who can still be good since they are similar to huanglongmon. Data digimon are the easiest to understand, they are simply neutral depending on their condition can act as either good or evil.

Unidentified digimon like diablomon line, quartzmon, eosmon can be anything based on how they are raised, for example diablomon can be good in the right tamers hand, same with eosmon, in xros anime quartzmon was born from bagramon's data and was acting on his will, on the right hand can be a good digimon, or though both quartzmon and diablomon profile specifically makes it seem like they are evil digimon.

Yeah confusing.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's completely normal for Digimon logic. But why view BlitzGreymon and RagnaLordmon as good guys? I can understand BlitzGreymon being Virus because he is probably just like GaiOumon with the high battle combat records. Virus types aren't the only ones who loves destruction. There are other Virus types who simply loves to fight not ruining peace. Like Gokuwmon, GaiOumon, or Sistermon Noir (Just for fun)
But RagnaLordmon? Sure, I did posted before about this, I don't feel like I want to repeat but whatever...

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For a second there i thought there were gonna be plushies for all of those new digimon artwork lol

4th week's gift isnt as exciting imo...clear files mroe useful!

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think BanchoMamemon is fitting for data I just thought it was funny how they're described as peaceful by you when my favorite data is a punk rock rebel. I don't like seeing Digimons' attributes as moralities since the franchise keeps giving us examples of that not being true. Instead, I see them as how they interact with data. Viruses specialize in destroying data, Vaccines specialize in defending data (viruses and vaccines can get along, it's only when a virus decides to destroy something a vaccine wants to protect or a vaccine becomes too controlling in its views that they would fight), and data was where I was confused originally on if they create new data or just are neutral data. This is why I didn't know where free fits in alongside data.

On the topic of Diaboromon, I don't understand why Keramon, Chrysalimon, and Infermon are free/unknown and not viruses when their sole power is how amazing they are at destroying data? It's always been weird to me

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Penmon's big image, did he always have "blush" creeks? It's hard to see but I never knew it. The same thing for Mushmon. In older pictures, he is always shown without "Mini" mushmon. Unless if I overlooked it.

Not sure if you are talking about Viruses and Vaccines in the real life or computer. But it's exactly what you said. Virus destroy Data. Vaccine protect against Virus. Data desire Peace. Which is why Vaccine is weak against Data because it's basically... "Police serve and protect". (Not sure what word suits better but I hope you understand?). It is always pointed out Data is simply neutral. Free attribute have nothing to do with this. Like I said, Free is not important. Just extra addition to complicate up... It is only designed in the games to bring balance. Three main attributes are always major and it's part of Digimon lore. No need to overthink.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the topic of Diaboromon, I don't understand why Keramon, Chrysalimon, and Infermon are free/unknown and not viruses when their sole power is how amazing they are at destroying data? It's always been weird to me
Unknown-attribute is usually meant for Digimon that are fundamentally different and "alien" to regular Digimon, such as Chaosmon and Apocalymon. They're Digimon that shouldn't exist, or Digimon that were born in an impossibly unusual manner.

An analogy would be that Virus, Vaccine, and Data Digimon are all still carbon-based lifeforms; while Diablomon is a completely different silicon-based lifeform. There is a fundamental difference between them. While a Virus Digimon lives to destroy, Diablomon destroys to live.

Penmon's big image, did he always have "blush" creeks? It's hard to see but I never knew it. The same thing for Mushmon. In older pictures, he is always shown without "Mini" mushmon. Unless if I overlooked it.
The blush is pretty much inconsequential. It's just a detail that may or may not be used, like the veins of many older Digimon. Mushmon has appeared several times with the little mushroom, but it's basically just the same as Kiwimon's mini-kiwis or Megadramon's living missiles.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They could just stick with their artworks rather than randomly removing/putting Mini versions back... It's just really weird to remove/put it back just such tiny details.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They could just stick with their artworks rather than randomly removing/putting Mini versions back... It's just really weird to remove/put it back just such tiny details.
different Digimon media just have different art styles. I assume little minions are deployed instead of always there

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Attributes is something that I actually dont understand in digimon, most vaccines can be seen as good but based on a vaccines sheer nature and on their own justice, can sometimes make actions that are looked as evil, example omegamon in v-tamers and chronicles, and then you have virus attribute, most who are this attribute are evil digimon who wants to f everything up and ruin peace, in digital world lore that is how they are born so it cant be helped but then you have dukemon, crusadermon which are part of royal knight as well, finally you have digimon like omegamon alter s/blitzgreymon and ragnalordmon who are no doubt good in nature most likely, then you have a case of beelzebumon and lucemon in demon lords faction who can still be good since they are similar to huanglongmon. Data digimon are the easiest to understand, they are simply neutral depending on their condition can act as either good or evil.

Unidentified digimon like diablomon line, quartzmon, eosmon can be anything based on how they are raised, for example diablomon can be good in the right tamers hand, same with eosmon, in xros anime quartzmon was born from bagramon's data and was acting on his will, on the right hand can be a good digimon, or though both quartzmon and diablomon profile specifically makes it seem like they are evil digimon.

Yeah confusing.
When Attributes first came out it was like Good (Vaccine), Evil (Virus), and Neutral (Data).

But around Tamers that began to change so it was more like Shin Megami Tensei - Vaccine is Order (which can either be peace, justice, or fascism), Virus is Chaos (which can freedom, anarchy, or selfishness) and Data is Neutral (which in Digimon terms currently seems to mean "on the defensive side" and "keeps to itself" - which can either mean "easy-going" like Monochromon or "dangerously apathetic if not a bit insane" like Noble Pumpmon).

Unknown generally means something alien outside of comprehensible morality, which makes it dangerous. In this scenario, Virus is the forces of Hell, Vaccine is the forces of Heaven, Data is the forces of Nature, and Unknown/Unidentified are Cthulhu's wiggly arms ripping apart the fabric of space time because he burped. There's some flavor text that implies that Keramon to Diablomon don't understand normal reality and see devouring or destroying everything as harmless play for instance.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what the Unknown attribute means in related to the Bond forms lol.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
even thought I know the real life reason for the free attribute, it would still be nice to give theories on how it fits in the lore since it seems here to stay
I wonder what the Unknown attribute means in related to the Bond forms lol.
it represents the unknown reason why they thought giving them human noses was a good idea

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
even thought I know the real life reason for the free attribute, it would still be nice to give theories on how it fits in the lore since it seems here to stay
Why would you want "Free" attribute to add into Digimon lore? It seemed like it's still nonsense and it never make sense when updating BantyoStingmon among the most 02 ones and others to replace their original attributes with this lousy "Free" attribute with no explanations or why. Unidentified attribute is more suited better or restore their original attributes back.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why would you want "Free" attribute to add into Digimon lore? It seemed like it's still nonsense and it never make sense when updating BantyoStingmon among the most 02 ones and others to replace their original attributes with this lousy "Free" attribute with no explanations or why. Unidentified attribute is more suited better or restore their original attributes back.
Veemon and co debuted as Free tho. it was the cards who gave them otherwise. the 02 cast in every form are free since forever. the cards is what replaced it (and some early games) and the 02 cast were never Unidentified.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which cards? And I didn't refer 02 for unidentified attributes. I only say that to others who have Unknown/Unidentified attributes that suddenly gained "Free" attributes and separately 02 ones and some others have their original attributes better be restored.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why would you want "Free" attribute to add into Digimon lore?
edit: sorry, I've been misinterpreting this thread. Digimon changed to free from unidentified I don't need a lore reason for. I was just confused as I was distracted in real life and lost the flow of conversation and for whatever reason thought free was a more new concept, somehow forgetting the fact I knew it was much older

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wha? I see. I wish I can delete my previous posts along with this quote.

And this game still continues? I mean for word guessing game in this Digimon twitter.