Kizuna Theater Expansion, New Theater Gift, New Larger Digimon Art & Profiles, & Japanese Twitter Contest

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few updates as Friday starts out...

First up, the Kizuna theater gifts for week 3 began distribution today in Japan. This is the end of the original wave of theater gifts announced.

They've gone ahead and announced a gift for week 4 (March 13th), which is a postcard featuring lineart from an important scene in the movie. One side shows the 'flat' version of the movie logo and the artwork, while the other side shows a monochrome version of the standard logo.

In addition, it's been announced that for week 4, Kizuna will be getting a theater expansion. 13 new theaters are being added!

This brings the total number of theaters showing the film to 61 from the original 48. The full list of theaters can be found here.

And then...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

More large Digimon art from Bandai on Twitter, with the wide selection of Digimon continuing with what might be the largest batch yet!

No translations of the profiles, since they're all shortened versions of profiles we already have (and anytime we put these up, some of them we may have already had large art for.)

Included this time are Penmon (art up above), Muchomon, EbiBurgamon, Shakomon, Pagumon, Bakumon, Yuramon, Floramon, Gotsumon, Kunemon, Igamon, Tsubumon, Mushmon, Betamon, Otamamon, Gazimon, and Jyarimon to finish out the week!

In addition to those, there were also 3 small reference book updates related to Kizuna. Only one of them has large artwork, the other 2 are small

Gabumon- Bonds of Courage, Morphomon, and Eosmon (Ultimate).

Hopefully art keeps showing up in the weeks to come!

Last up, a prize campaign for those in Japan!

It's to win a shikishi signed by Mayu Matsuoka (Menoa in Kizuna.)

It's 3 steps to enter for those in Japan:
1- Follow @oricon and @oricon_anime_ on Twitter.
2- RT the contest post. (Spoiler warning for the movie)
3- Fill out this basic questionnaire.

The contest/campaign ends March 18th at 1pm (Japan time.)

Their tweet as posted had something a bit spoilery for the movie in it, so the whole image is below under the spoiler tag...

If you want to discuss anything spoilery regarding any movie characters please head to either the movie discussion thread or the spoiler thread.

Some good Kizuna news and a nice batch of artwork to finish for early on a Friday!

Attachments

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Morphomon is cute and Eosmon Ultimate has an awesome design! Can't wait to see more

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Morphomon looks very similar to Hudiemon. I hope they make a connection between the two!

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Morphomon looks very similar to Hudiemon. I hope they make a connection between the two!
I couldn't help but notice the connection between Morphomon's Rinrin Therapy attack and Hudiemon's Infinity Dream attack. Both scatter their scales and can either be used for healing or causing adverse affects. I think we are pretty likely to see Morphomon -> Hudiemon in a future game or something.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that is suitably final villain. Plus there's an adorable rookie mode. I do hope we can get a full line.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I couldn't help but notice the connection between Morphomon's Rinrin Therapy attack and Hudiemon's Infinity Dream attack. Both scatter their scales and can either be used for healing or causing adverse affects. I think we are pretty likely to see Morphomon -> Hudiemon in a future game or something.
Even she got Kamen Rider kick! But I really wonder why they create another butterfly Digimon evo after Hudiemon? What will happen to Wormmon? Another case like Vikemon I bet...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even she got Kamen Rider kick! But I really wonder why they create another butterfly Digimon evo after Hudiemon? What will happen to Wormmon? Another case like Vikemon I bet...
Wormmon will be forever linked to Hudiemon. If anything it'd just be a filler evo for Morphomon. It's possible they just did a new line that can act for both Eosmon and Hudiemon (like GranKuwagamon for DinoBeemon and Okuwamon)

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't know Grankuwagamon was related to DinoBeemon
If you look at the legs of Imperialdramon (Dragon) and GranKuwagamon carefully. And another thing, he appeared as Wormmon's Ultimate at Digital Card Battle PS1. In Cyber Sleuth, Dinobeemon can go to Imperialdramon or GranKuwagamon. In cards, GranKuwagamon's evo requirements always come with DinoBeemon or Okuwamon. It's pretty much common.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I never noticed Gabubond points. That's silly, lol.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't know Grankuwagamon was related to DinoBeemon
If you look at the legs of Imperialdramon (Dragon) and GranKuwagamon carefully. And another thing, he appeared as Wormmon's Ultimate at Digital Card Battle PS1. In Cyber Sleuth, Dinobeemon can go to Imperialdramon or GranKuwagamon. In cards, GranKuwagamon's evo requirements always come with DinoBeemon or Okuwamon. It's pretty much common.
Also Gran is Free attribute specifically because of DinoBeemon (in the DRB, rather than CS)

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Checks* What the... HADES? At least add Virus attribute! Just what's going on? I thought it only applies in Cyber Sleuth.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish Digimon defined attributes better. Specifically, free and data. I think I understand virus, vaccine, and variable but the other two are odd

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What parts of Data are odd to you? Free attribute are easy to understand: Mostly 02 digimon partners' evolution even Armor levels, Frontier, Baby I/II forms, and Xros. Although Apoclaymon, Meicoomon, Hudiemon, BantyoStingmon's attribute are Free... Due to Digimon logic... Complicated.

Variable is mostly for all Legendary Spirit Warriors.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the lore of what they mean. I assume viruses are Digimon who focus on destroying data and vaccines exist to protect the longevity of data from corruption. Variable means it is more than one attribute but data and vaccine I don't know the lore behind

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Variable means the Attribute changes to match a Digimon’s opponent, as in the card game. Free meant that a Digimon’s Attribute changed depending on how it was trained, as in the D-3. More recently it’s just been used in games for anything that’s not Vaccine, Data, or Virus. Data doesn’t really mean anything, it’s just a neutral data type.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the lore of what they mean. I assume viruses are Digimon who focus on destroying data and vaccines exist to protect the longevity of data from corruption. Variable means it is more than one attribute but data and vaccine I don't know the lore behind
Data attributes are simply peaceful and neutral. Virus attributes are destructive monsters. Vaccine ones are "Justice". The lore always mention Data ones are mostly peaceful looking but unless if provoked. Vaccine ones fight against bad guys. Virus ones are often born with destruction intentions. There are no lore on "Free" attribute in the most official profiles. If you want to learn more on attribute lore. Then it's easier to point out on their personalities matching to their attributes. But it's possible there are few ones doesn't stay true to their true attributes like Wormmon, Guilmon, Rasenmon Fury Mode, even... Snimon used as the enemies despite it's Vaccine.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah Free in recent games/vpets is just for simplification and balance. since "unidentified" like meicoomon and keramon are super effective against everything, that isn't good for balance and makes them too over powered, so theyre thrown in with the Free Digimon (it weakens them, but makes them balanced enough to use. they arent weak to anything like they are in the lore and stop them being over powered). Variable would work in a 1v1 situation, but when its 3v3, that doesn't really work for a game. if youre vaccine and theyre vaccine, youre not strong or weak against each other... which is what Free is. And finally None is straight up the same thing, which is why dudes like Shoutmon have been given it. (also the babies). Cyber Sleuth uses Free and Next Order uses None, and the same Digimon are used in both cases. (except they also used Unidentified for Meicoomon ,Keramon etc, making them overpowered. prob why meicoomon is DLC and Keramon is locked to post game)

I think it's better to go with the main triangle and then Free. Anything else gets too complicated.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not same thing as "Normal" type of Pokemon. Free attribute have no weaknesses but also no effectiveness boost against three attributes (Vaccine - Data - Virus). Like Muur said, it's meant to bring balance to the games. So "Free" is not really important to discuss about... Just extreme odd thing brought up to complicate up. So you have to treat all of certain unfortunate ones who have "Free" attributes as their original attributes this way.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Data attributes are simply peaceful and neutral.
*stares at BanchoMamemon who wants to break every rule in the Digital World*
thank you everybody, I think you cleared things up for me a lot. I didn't know that the concept of "Free" was more recent to balance "Variable"