Kizuna Spoiler Thread

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't read through the entirety of the thread, but wouldn't this be an issue within the continuity of Tri? Seraphimon and Magnadramon made their first appearances in Hurrican Touchdown, being the only members of the original cast besides Tai and Matt to achieve the Mega level before the event of Tri. Not that it matters much, but doesn't Tri give the impression that this was the first time any and all of them were evolving to the Mega level with the exception of Agumon and Gabumon?
In Tri, it isn't mentioned this was the first evolution of these character.

In fact, one of the reasons why Tri movies don't focus in these evolutions is likely because it has already happened in Hurricane Touchdown.

I already read an interview where the produce of Kizuna (Yozuke Kinoshita) confirms Wallace's appearance is a connection to Hurricane Touchdown movie. So, the staff really consider this film part of the canon for the anime.

Not particularly, Patamon evolves with little effort - they mostly just decided to go for it - and Takeru didn't show much surprise or excitement by his evolution - I do believe Koshiro is surprised to see Seraphimon for the first time but he also wasn't there when it happened last time. Hikari seemed to evolve in the heat of action so there wasn't much time to react. There was no explicit mention that it was the second time it's happened though.
Although Tri's movies don't focus on these megas, I think in both cases Takeru and Hikari still need to "overcome darkness" (like the prophecy said) before they reach the evolution.

I think the mega evolution in Hurricane Touchdown is a "miracle" by the light of hope that won't happen again.

Which prophecy is this?

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which prophecy is this?

In Tri, there is a prophecy (that appears in Determinación) about overcoming internal darkness.

The digidestined need to overcome an internal conflict to reach the mega evolution.