Kizuna Spoiler Thread

Garmore

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who can tell me where and why my precious girl Meiko is in this movie? I’ve honestly given up on seeing this movie in a timely manner as I have class the morning after the nearest showing and it’s an hour away...

Glad everyone who does get to see it is getting to see it though.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who can tell me where and why my precious girl Meiko is in this movie? I’ve honestly given up on seeing this movie in a timely manner as I have class the morning after the nearest showing and it’s an hour away...

Meiko and Meicoomon appears as captured along with other chosen children by Menoa and Eoismon towards the end of the movie. I guess the reason she appeared is to confirm this is a sequel to tri.

Gutted you can't watch it as soon as you can :(

Garmore

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Meiko and Meicoomon appears as captured along with other chosen children by Menoa and Eoismon towards the end of the movie. I guess the reason she appeared is to confirm this is a sequel to tri.

Gutted you can't watch it as soon as you can :(
Good news: After my initial post, I checked my showings again and there was a new one that was closer by! Seems like I’ll get to see Kizuna after all. That said, I gotta get outta this thread now.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was able to see the film in Japan
Was really hyped...especially with the new song

I do have some question about some of the stuff that happened though lol ><

digicro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that Menoa is same age as Taichi and the others is mindblowing.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
1) I was hoping Morphomon to look a lot more insectoid instead of Culumon x Hudiemon.

2) If career path choices are what cause Chosen Children to lose their powers as indicated in Menoa's backstory Tentomon should've vanished in Tri when Koushirou was well on his career path.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It isn't a career path, it's adulthood. For example, I'm 22 and I'm really not sure I'm an adult in any definition that isn't a legal one.

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, sorry if this is bumping a thread, but something has been bothering me. The film takes place in 2010, where Menoa is 22. She apparently met Morphomon when she was 9, so about 13 years before. That means she became a Chosen Child in 1997, 2 years before Taichi and the others came to the Digital World. She seems too young to have been part of the original Chosen Children Daigo and Maki were part of. It just feels weird knowing there was another Chosen Child, just hanging out with their Digimon before everything happened in 1999, even if she was in America at the time.

I'm getting all this info from the wiki, so it might be wrong.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, sorry if this is bumping a thread, but something has been bothering me. The film takes place in 2010, where Menoa is 22. She apparently met Morphomon when she was 9, so about 13 years before. That means she became a Chosen Child in 1997, 2 years before Taichi and the others came to the Digital World. She seems too young to have been part of the original Chosen Children Daigo and Maki were part of. It just feels weird knowing there was another Chosen Child, just hanging out with their Digimon before everything happened in 1999, even if she was in America at the time.

I'm getting all this info from the wiki, so it might be wrong.
Well, Iori's father and Oikawa also connected to the Digital World in their youth (presumably earlier than the OG's) and while their relationship with the world is unclear (and they never seemed to get Digivices), Pipimon does seem to be recognized as Oikawa's partner whom he never got a chance to meet. So I GUESS there are cases of chosen children that don't necessarily fit into the grand scheme of things.

Ingrimm

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...what baffles me is how they're going to bridge the gap from THAT ending to the 02 epilogue. Giving us such a tragic ending while still keeping everything else on track for the epilogue (like Yamato with the rocket) just felt like cheap drama to me. Not telling the story of how Agumon, Gabumon and the others eventually return would feel like such a waste at this point.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or all adults who were once chosen children who suffered the worst fates?
(Oikawa was completely drained out, Maki most likely died from drowning and never seen or mentioned, Daigo died just like that, and even this Menoa just got arrested with unknown fate after being told from Eosmon to pursuit their goal to save kids)

Surprised to see Lopmon again along with Wallace and Terriermon. Even Meiko and Meicoomon. Of course same thing for certain other few chosen kids.

I just realized Sora lost Piyomon first before Agumon and Gabumon at the ending, is that right? Judging her digivice got "rusty"... Not even evolving or fighting but how did it happen that so fast??

My guess is probably Agumon and others who "vanished" were actually returned back to the digital world but Morphomon didn't. So honestly it confuses me to the end. But the ending said otherwise... (Care to give me some explanation?)

Numemon is OP for battling against Eosmon... Look at those poops everywhere!

Disappointed I didn't get to see that Motorcycle Mode. DAMN

Importantly... Morphomon really vanished? I don't think Eosmon is really "Morphomon" since it never shows its behavior or even speaking a word. It did smiled but I never feel like it's him/her... Probably Menoa's delusion?

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just realized Sora lost Piyomon first before Agumon and Gabumon at the ending, is that right? Judging her digivice got "rusty"... Not even evolving or fighting but how did it happen that so fast??
I was shocked too! Sora realised she grew up well before the movie, judging from the short story. So, she knew when the news broke about the partnership ending that her time with Piyomon was limited. At the time we saw the short many called her completely selfish. While she still is... kind of... I can understand the love she has for Piyomon and her complete faith in the others that she would decide to sit this one out. It still feels iffy though.
As for the partnership ending though... it seems off. The 02 kids -including Takeru and Hikari- still have aways to go. But Joe who is older...? How come he still has time with Gomamon, since he is too grown up studying to be a doctor and stuff? It could be because the others are fighting and evolving too much but still... Sora didnt fight at all but she still lost Piyomon. The move has its holes...
I still loved it. Action and animation wise, it was way beyond Tri ever was.
BUT I still would have liked more evolution clips. Even split screen ones would have been way better, because they are are of the action. Not overdoing it as Tri's Loss but have some more than Greymon and MetalGreymon.
Also, you have a super weird strong Digimon. At least go beyond Adult level!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Gomamon didn't vanish because he is/was the entire "wife" who cooks/home chores for him. I know it sounded so wrong but I suspect all 01 have lonely homes with their partners. Moved out of their parents. Excluded Hikari and TK but I'm not still sure about TK...

Maybe that's the reason Gomamon didn't vanish early as Piyomon did.

Ingrimm

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also Joe is still in training in medical school and not a full doctor yet, isn't he? I agree with the mindset that having a daytime job is just part of becoming an adult and there are other factors that can hold someone back from growing up completely.

Today I learned that the title of Taichi's bachelor thesis is “How mankind and Digimon can co-exist". That makes Taichi's and Yamato's last line ("I promise I'll come see you again") a lot more hopeful and optimistic to me. I just wonder if the story of how they get their Digimon back will ever be told (or if it even needs to be).

nelmars78

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, I am new here. I have a question regarding the smartphone digivices. In the movie, it showed that Takeru's Smartphone Digivice was colored yellow. While in the promo images, it was colored dark green. Was it an animation error, or the promo team and the animation team had a miscommunication regarding the color of his digivice?