Kizuna Spoiler Thread

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
FImage Thumbnailirst, the Mysterious Man said at the end of the last tri. movie that he would return.
Doesn't mean anything. Demon claimed that he was "going to return" when he was pushed into the World of Darkness and we haven't heard back from him either.
Thing is, Daemon didn't have a good way of leaving the Dark Ocean while the Mysterious Man traveled freely between the dimensions.

Second, thing is, the idea of a recovering a lost Digimon partner was recycled.
Yup, it was.
And that's bad.
Third, Joe had the justification of having to study. Sora has no such justification, especially when the world has to be saved.
Sora is studying... for Ikebana. Of course in the face of global emergencies Joe's and Sora's justifications are equally meaningless.
I'm pretty sure Ikebana isn't as hard as medicine exams.

Fourth, the evolutions are bad.
Evolutions none of us have even properly seen yet... that's what I call a knee-jerk reaction lol
The sources said they were bad.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I read the translated novel summary and I thought it wasn't too bad. People were talking about Menoa as if she were 100% a retread of Maki, but she didn't seem nearly as unhinged and... non-sequitur as Maki was. And I like the point about her growing up too fast and regretting it. I'm glad I don't care about spoilers that much, because I'm now more excited to see this than I ever was. I can't wait to see Morphomon! It's definitely a butterfly just based on the name, so it'll be nice to see another Child-level (I'm assuming) bug Digimon that isn't a larva or beetle. So far it's just Funbeemon, and maybe Tinkermon if you wanna count her.

The sources said they were bad.
That's pretty subjective. Maybe you'll like them when you see them, who knows?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's suspicious that they haven't confirmed a sequel yet when Tri was always planned to be much longer than one movie.
Nah, it's just a different product that is marketed differently. And while I do think that the ending of Kizuna leaves the door wide open for a sequel, the film's actual story is self contained in a way the stories of the individual tri parts never were.

I'm not saying he can’t show up to the big party when the partners come back, or have a supporting role.
That is not what I'd expect given the ending of this movie. Taichi is the one slaving over a solution to this problem; you'd think that he'd pass that responsibility to the younger characters if you were right.
I'm not sure where you see a contradiction here. I mean Koushiro is always researching the digital world and inventing convenient plot devices whenever the show needs him to and that never made him the only possible sole protagonist of everything Adventure.

They wouldn't be running away if it were the only way to get access to the Digital World in reality.
If it's not actually real, then it absolutely would be.

There's also the possibility that the reboot really is an alternate world, but the original heroes will find out about it and access the Digital World from there. I suppose that this is more likely if only for the sake of new viewers.
New viewers would see absolutely no appeal or logic in adult versions of the 'new' characters suddenly bursting from some dimensional door. It would also be devaluing for the new story and characters themselves if all of it was just a giant contrivance to get the old characters' digital world access back.

I find the idea of non-intersecting anime canons running simultaneously, pretty silly.
It's how most anime works though, if there even is a definite sense of canon in the first place. If there's any intersection it's usually for some gimmicky special that's not canon for any continuity involved.

Thing is, Daemon didn't have a good way of leaving the Dark Ocean while the Mysterious Man traveled freely between the dimensions.
I don't think we can be sure that he is inherently able to do that, he could have been using Yggdrasil's power to open gates. After all the normal Gennai needed external help to cross between the worlds as well.

You're lucky no Ikebana master is around to hear that. I mean... it's an art form, meaning it's exactly as hard and significant as people decide it for themselves.

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You're lucky no Ikebana master is around to hear that. I mean... it's an art form, meaning it's exactly as hard and significant as people decide it for themselves.
Also, Sora's mum is the head of an important iemoto family and Master of an Ikebana school, so the pressure on Sora to do well here is massive. People are very quick to forget her position as basically Ikebana crown princess and the sense of duty and responsibility that entails.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
FImage Thumbnailirst, the Mysterious Man said at the end of the last tri. movie that he would return.
Doesn't mean anything. Demon claimed that he was "going to return" when he was pushed into the World of Darkness and we haven't heard back from him either.
There were five years between tri. and LEK. That's five years to fight off Diablomon again and take down Daemon, if need be. Clearly, those stories aren't all that important or original either, or else we would've seen those somewhere and somehow. The point of this movie is to take a look at these characters after 11 years of growth from their adventures in Adventure. There is literally nothing to gain from bringing "Dark Gennai" back again when he holds no thematic relevance to this story.

Your other points aren't even points. You can't really decide how difficult something you've never done before is, you can't decide the quality of something you've never seen before is, etc.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s 99.9% certain that the epilogue is still canon and the movie’s in the original timeline.
I think we all knew that this film would tie into the awful massively disliked epilogue. Thank God for Psi.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, Sora's mum is the head of an important iemoto family and Master of an Ikebana school, so the pressure on Sora to do well here is massive. People are very quick to forget her position as basically Ikebana crown princess and the sense of duty and responsibility that entails.
Also, the summary of the novel mentioned that Sora is already alone in her room (Piyomon isn't there) when she hear the whistle. So, she couldn't help even if she wants.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, theres a new DIgimon called Morphomon that might be a butterfly? But we already have Hudiemon. Maybe it will evolve from or into Hudiemon.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, theres a new DIgimon called Morphomon that might be a butterfly? But we already have Hudiemon. Maybe it will evolve from or into Hudiemon.
To recap what we know so everyone can add their own two cents:

-Morphomon was Menoa's partner in the past, probably a Baby or Child. When Eosmon loses, Menoa supposedly hears from Morphomon and Eosmon; my interpretation is that Morphomon and Eosmon are the same Digimon spiritually, if not in terms of data composition.

-Eosmon is first introduced in a very small form (smaller than Taichi), maybe a Child or just a smaller Adult.

-Eosmon immediately evolves into a higher level that barely manages to survive a battle with Omegamon, might be a Perfect or Ultimate imo.

-Eosmon has a final form with a level of power that surpasses Omegamon. Probably an Ultimate or a level higher if the "Last" Greymon and Garurumon are also considered a level higher than Ultimate.

So, imo, the easiest way for Hudiemon to work in the line would be if Morphomon was the Baby, Eosmon was the Child, Hudiemon the Adult, and the last two Eosmon forms were Perfect and Ultimate levels. Hopefully every Eosmon form has a unique name at least, "GodEosmon" would fit the final form since it's such an obvious play on the word "Goddess" and Eos being the Goddess of the Dawn (which is directly referenced in the film, so like, it's almost too easy).

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eosmon's all forms revealed as it seemed.

Eosmon in Child form revealed, it only said Unknown Digimon and EOSmon name in manga panel picture.

Eosmon with the mouth maybe adult form? Lighter details.

Eosmon from the first trailer where it first revealed probably is the Perfect.

Then finally the final form clashing against Omegamon in CG battle.

I find it bizarre. Which one is "Morphomon"?

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eosmon's all forms revealed as it seemed.

Eosmon in Child form revealed, it only said Unknown Digimon and EOSmon name in manga panel picture.

Eosmon with the mouth maybe adult form? Lighter details.

Eosmon from the first trailer where it first revealed probably is the Perfect.

Then finally the final form clashing against Omegamon in CG battle.

I find it bizarre. Which one is "Morphomon"?
Those are good points, I didn’t really notice there was a difference between what could be a Child and what could be an Adult form.

And none of them are Morphomon. Morphomon was Menoa’s original partner, which is something we haven’t seen in trailers as of yet.

Eosmon might just get the Arcadiamon treatment with its names though.
Which would mean Hudiemon would continue to not have its own line and we’d basically have two different Digimon lines to honour Kouji Wada. Which isn’t a bad thing, we all know he deserves it lol.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There were five years between tri. and LEK. That's five years to fight off Diablomon again and take down Daemon, if need be. Clearly, those stories aren't all that important or original either, or else we would've seen those somewhere and somehow. The point of this movie is to take a look at these characters after 11 years of growth from their adventures in Adventure. There is literally nothing to gain from bringing "Dark Gennai" back again when he holds no thematic relevance to this story.

Your other points aren't even points. You can't really decide how difficult something you've never done before is, you can't decide the quality of something you've never seen before is, etc.
Sorry for the late reply, but, thing is, if they didn't mean to include the Mysterious Man in this movie, they shouldn't have put that scene at the end of the last tri. movie.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sorry for the late reply, but, thing is, if they didn't mean to include the Mysterious Man in this movie, they shouldn't have put that scene at the end of the last tri. movie.
acTualyyyyy about that. Kizuna was in production mid tri. So that may have not been on their mind to mention.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess we’ll just have to disagree on this aspect. I never took those mentions at the end of tri. to mean anything special beyond “business as usual” for the characters because I didn’t expect we’d get anything after tri.

Again, post-tri., these characters are regularly fighting digital threats for 5 years right up to this movie, to the point that they are (globally?) famous for it. I’d much rather something new than 5 movies covering 5 old Adventure villains again over 5 years or something.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Leaving this in spoilers, but will add to news when there is other Kizuna news to put it with spoiler warnings later on (may even be a day or two.)

Mayu Matsuoka in an interview with Oricon is holding a plush of a new Digimon in the film. It's one of the promotional plushes they make and don't sell, and the interview itself doesn't make the connection (so without having read spoilers there isn't really context to it minus being a new Digimon), but it's Menoa's old Digimon partner.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well there’s Morphomon, honestly looks perfect for Hudiemon lol.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah so that's Morphomon? Look like she is Child level or Baby form. Glad to have another Insect type. She is really perfect for Hudiemon but Wormmon was taken so... I'd like to see her whole evo line one day.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A little bit more cutesy-anime-mascot than I usually prefer... but I can't deny that she's a real cutie. I really like how the wings are incorporated into the design in particular. Hope we don't have to wait too long for decent-quality artwork.

Mon-Ohma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At a glance it kind makes me think of an X form Calumon.