Kizuna Spoiler Thread

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This movie is, really, strange. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. First, the Mysterious Man is completely absent, despite what he said at the end of the last tri. movie. Second, they recicled Maki's story in Menoa. Third, Sora's behavior makes no sense. Fourth, the evolutions are bad. Fifth, the variations in Eosmon's power levels make no sense.
Didn't see Kizuna yet, but still Kizuna is not Tri, so not having in it the Mysterious Man isn't anything special. In fact I would be much more shocked if he would do appear.

I don't know Menoa yet, but I remember Maki was actually pretty funny character, and surely she had much more dimensions than a lot of other characters (villains included). The only issue I have is that Menoa doesn't look any strange or interesting. At first I thought she's a NPC waiter appearing in a single scene...

Sora was always odd, so her not wanting to fight shouldn't be any strange. I guess she went Joe's footsteps. Considering that she and Joe were always more adult than the rest of the kids it's not strange that she's tired of fighting and wants to think more about her future.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This movie is, really, strange. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. First, the Mysterious Man is completely absent, despite what he said at the end of the last tri. movie. Second, they recicled Maki's story in Menoa. Third, Sora's behavior makes no sense. Fourth, the evolutions are bad. Fifth, the variations in Eosmon's power levels make no sense.
Didn't see Kizuna yet, but still Kizuna is not Tri, so not having in it the Mysterious Man isn't anything special. In fact I would be much more shocked if he would do appear.

I don't know Menoa yet, but I remember Maki was actually pretty funny character, and surely she had much more dimensions than a lot of other characters (villains included). The only issue I have is that Menoa doesn't look any strange or interesting. At first I thought she's a NPC waiter appearing in a single scene...

Sora was always odd, so her not wanting to fight shouldn't be any strange. I guess she went Joe's footsteps. Considering that she and Joe were always more adult than the rest of the kids it's not strange that she's tired of fighting and wants to think more about her future.
First, the Mysterious Man said at the end of the last tri. movie that he would return. However, he's nowhere to be seen.
Second, thing is, the idea of a recovering a lost Digimon partner was recycled.
Third, Joe had the justification of having to study. Sora has no such justification, especially when the world has to be saved.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First, the Mysterious Man said at the end of the last tri. movie that he would return.
Doesn't mean anything. Demon claimed that he was "going to return" when he was pushed into the World of Darkness and we haven't heard back from him either.

Second, thing is, the idea of a recovering a lost Digimon partner was recycled.
Yup, it was.

Third, Joe had the justification of having to study. Sora has no such justification, especially when the world has to be saved.
Sora is studying... for Ikebana. Of course in the face of global emergencies Joe's and Sora's justifications are equally meaningless.

Fourth, the evolutions are bad.
Evolutions none of us have even properly seen yet... that's what I call a knee-jerk reaction lol

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't see Kizuna yet, but still Kizuna is not Tri, so not having in it the Mysterious Man isn't anything special. In fact I would be much more shocked if he would do appear.I don't know Menoa yet, but I remember Maki was actually pretty funny character, and surely she had much more dimensions than a lot of other characters (villains included). The only issue I have is that Menoa doesn't look any strange or interesting. At first I thought she's a NPC waiter appearing in a single scene...Sora was always odd, so her not wanting to fight shouldn't be any strange. I guess she went Joe's footsteps. Considering that she and Joe were always more adult than the rest of the kids it's not strange that she's tired of fighting and wants to think more about her future.
First, the Mysterious Man said at the end of the last tri. movie that he would return. However, he's nowhere to be seen. Second, thing is, the idea of a recovering a lost Digimon partner was recycled. Third, Joe had the justification of having to study. Sora has no such justification, especially when the world has to be saved.
The mysterious man is Yggdrasil using an avatar and we were told that Homeostasis built safeguards on him so I wouldnt hold my breath on him returning. Dark Gennai was also an avatar as the real one I believe was in stasis tubes with the 02 kids in the Part 6. If I remember correctly he used Keiser for the real world and Dark Gennai for the DW. Joe's studies were just an excuse. His real problem was with grwoing up and the responsibilities of being an adult soon. Sora has the crest of Love. And she was always complicated about this stuff. Her resolution on going Ultimate in Tri was to love and care a bit more for herself so I dont see how this contradicts her character. Also, emergencies or not we got 11 of the digidestined and a whole world of kids with partners it seems, so one char not wanting to fight wont make a difference. I, for one, have no issue with both their justifications.As for Menoa and Maki, it seems that they both have unresolves traumas which always make for good villain material. I dont see it as rehasing the storyline because it's logical issues to have when adulting and having to leave childish things behind. Sora and the rest coming to terms with this in this movie is what makes them our heroes.Anyway we shall see. Spoilers and half the picture cant make us have a complete opinion. Also, and correct me if I'm wrong but didnt they say that this was just a screening and maybe the finished product may have some changes? Big Hollywod movies do the same. Maybe they have other material ready to be put in, in case the screening make it necessary for them to put in more exposition or diff ending etc.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regardless, I'm always annoyed when a fantasy or science fiction film goes with the "fantastic elements are Imaginary Friends that go away on your 18th Birthday", so I'm not at all looking forward to this. It really is a paradoxically immature way of dealing with the setting.

Honestly, if they were going to split everyone from the Digimon I'd like to it been due to the Digimon starting to consider what they want out of life instead of basically being pets.

If say, the ending had been Agumon telling Taichi he wants to go back to the Digital World to consider what he wants to do with his own future, I feel like that would've been a much more mature and nuanced ending than the typical "monsters are imaginary friends that vanish the moment you get pubes" narrative.

The characters would be more dynamic and interesting if they chose to be together like in Tamers or Savers instead of being forced together and apart by the whims of some unseen god, and that's the main problem I had with the Adventure setting and why I prefer the concept of "Digimon Tamer" instead of "Chosen Child".

The only one of the Digimon who seems super into their human's career path is Palmon, after all.

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regardless, I'm always annoyed when a fantasy or science fiction film goes with the "fantastic elements are Imaginary Friends that go away on your 18th Birthday", so I'm not at all looking forward to this. It really is a paradoxically immature way of dealing with the setting. Honestly, if they were going to split everyone from the Digimon I'd like to it been due to the Digimon starting to consider what they want out of life instead of basically being pets. If say, the ending had been Agumon telling Taichi he wants to go back to the Digital World to consider what he wants to do with his own future, I feel like that would've been a much more mature and nuanced ending than the typical "monsters are imaginary friends that vanish the moment you get pubes" narrative. The characters would be more dynamic and interesting if they chose to be together like in Tamers or Savers instead of being forced together and apart by the whims of some unseen god, and that's the main problem I had with the Adventure setting and why I prefer the concept of "Digimon Tamer" instead of "Chosen Child".The only one of the Digimon who seems super into their human's career path is Palmon, after all.
You have some points for sure. Ima give you that. BUT the epilogue in 02 shows all of them still in partnership with their Digimons. Yamato is with Gabumon in space and Ken chases bad guys with Stingmon. So I smell a continuation. They could do 12 short movies or something that give each char theit respective ending.Maybe the memorial sorts have something to do with it.

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After reading the spoilers, my feelings are mixed, but leaning more towards negative. On the positive side, it's nice knowing Meiko and Willis haven't been forgotten. Plus, Meicoomon might have returned. Would have been nice to actually know for sure, but that's Digimon know a days. So many unanswered questions. And from what I've heard, the classic evolution sequences are back. The new Digivices are also cool, but I'm not sure if they replace the old ones or exist alongside them.

For the bad, yeah it doesn't seem like it's adding a lot to the Adventure lore. There's still so many questions that tri. left us with that don't even seem to be addressed. There's no Dark Gennai and his threats to bring back past villains. There's no resolution to the Digital World being rebooted (such as the Four Gods, the Dark Masters, Myotismon), and if the 02 Digimon were at all effected by the reboot for that matter. There doesn't seem to be any indication as to whether or not Matt and Sora are together. I don't know why they are even bothering sticking to the epilogue for some stuff when other stuff is ignored.

And everything else really does seem like tri. redone. Menoa is so Maki that I don't know why they didn't just make her Maki in the first place. As far as we know she's still alive, so why couldn't she just find a way to harness the powers of the Dark Ocean to age down the DigiDestined. Eosmon doesn't seem all that unique so they could have just made him Dragomon.

The film also seems to have serious logic problems. Tai and Matt have to separate from their partners, but Sora doesn't seem to have to despite being the same age? Not to mention Joe, whose older than all of them and shouldn't have Gomamon at all.

Given that they were very explicit about this being the last adventure of Tai and Agumon, I'm hoping the next film (which let's face it with that ending of course there will be) will focus more on the 02 kids. They've been sidelined for too long, plus it's their 20th anniversary this year.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tri (and Kizuna) existed exclusively to appeal old fans (of Adventure), this was obvious from the format they have. Tri was succesful on that aspect (and probably exceeded expectations), so we have Kizuna after that.

However, they can't keep the anime forever like this (only appealing older fans of Adventure). That's why the Adventure reboot will try to appeal new kids like other TV anime of Toei.
Financially it was a success and that's all Toei cares for but it failed the fans. Who in the writers room thought it was a smart move to have Tri center around a poorly written self insert character like Meiko when you had literally 5 of the chosen children just dancing in the background is beyond me. The evolution sequences were lazy, the plot was convoluted. To me, if Tri was what Digimon was when I was growing up I would have never gotten as involved in the franchise as I did. I stuck around post Adventures cause I loved Digimon. Tamers, Frontier, even Savers. I stopped after Savers though. Tri failed on so many levels, and this movie is no different. How the heck could they possibly juggle 14 characters in a 2 hour movie when they struggled to write material for 6 characters cause they put all their focus on a horrible self insert and Taichi and Yamato. It was gonna be a mess

That's why I welcome this reboot and I disagree with you saying it's only to appeal to children. I think it's meant to appeal to everyone. It's gonna be fresh, it's gonna be brand new canon that will not be restrained cause of an awful ending still despised 20 years later. It can create it's own identity and in this canon things that should have happened the first time can finally happen. Hopefully they learned from the fan reaction to this day and do something about it. Give all the chosen children equal focus not just Taichi and Yamato. I wouldn't mind this new canon exploring the chosen children growing up, as long as it stays focused on these 8 which are the most popular. No offense to Daisuke and crew, but they're forgettable IMO and are not needed. I mean they weren't needed for 6 movies not to mention it sounds like they barely have an impact on the plot in Kizuna as well. They're just there.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully they learned from the fan reaction to this day and do something about it.
Why would they have learned anything? They made a lot of money. It's not like the fraction of fans who do all the complaining have hurt their business model.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully they learned from the fan reaction to this day and do something about it.
Why would they have learned anything? They made a lot of money. It's not like the fraction of fans who do all the complaining have hurt their business model.
I'm referring to the reboot not being tied down to an awful epilogue which they know was received very poorly worldwide. They made money out of audiences love for the eight chosen children and nostalgia. Hence the modern reboot of Adventure which will have new canon and everything.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regardless, I'm always annoyed when a fantasy or science fiction film goes with the "fantastic elements are Imaginary Friends that go away on your 18th Birthday", so I'm not at all looking forward to this.
Eh, even if they do go through with the most extreme version of the implications of Kizuna’s , the Digimon being 'imaginary' wouldn't be one of them. When fights happen in the human world, buildings actually get destroyed and people are in danger regardless of if they are children or adults. So that's just a complete overstatement.

Honestly, if they were going to split everyone from the Digimon I'd like to it been due to the Digimon starting to consider what they want out of life instead of basically being pets.
The way I see it, we have a better chance of getting anything interesting out of the Digimon as characters the less they go with the concept of the Digimon being some sort of manifestation of their partners soul or whatever the exact wording of Kaudo's metaphysical outlook was. Because from that point of view it makes sense that the Digimon could never become actually independent characters in their own right. It's not a point of of view I like but that is a value judgement and not a not a storytelling criticism.
And it could be that Kizuna might already break with that view a bit but who knows. Aspects that are mostly about the symbolic interpretation of character interactions isn't something you can tell from the spoilers we have now, so I feel that particular discussion is somewhat premature.

The characters would be more dynamic and interesting if they chose to be together like in Tamers or Savers instead of being forced together and apart by the whims of some unseen god, and that's the main problem I had with the Adventure setting and why I prefer the concept of "Digimon Tamer" instead of "Chosen Child".
I'm not seeing the chosen (and with it the un-chosen) concept as inherently less interesting...There are definetely interesting psychological topics to be explored with the whole concept of “God giveth and God taketh away” conceptually, but it would be hard to explore in a time where the overall attitude of storytelling, especially in anime basically demands a conclusion consisting of “God is puncheth in his face and we geteth our shit back” instead of a more nuanced exploration of these attitude themselves.

The mysterious man is Yggdrasil using an avatar and we were told that Homeostasis built safeguards on him so I wouldnt hold my breath on him returning.
That's just an unconfirmed guess and given how the mysterious man consistently refers to Yggdrasil in third person and is seen after Yggdrasil is shut down without being visibly affected at all it's unlikely that he himself is Yggdrasil, It's more likely at this point that he is some free agent (get it, heh heh) who just happened to work for him for kicks.

Dark Gennai was also an avatar as the real one I believe was in stasis tubes with the 02 kids in the Part 6. If I remember correctly he used Keiser for the real world and Dark Gennai for the DW.
Not really… in Part 6 we see him as Gennai in the human world as well.

Sora has the crest of Love. And she was always complicated about this stuff. Her resolution on going Ultimate in Tri was to love and care a bit more for herself so I dont see how this contradicts her character.
Also, emergencies or not we got 11 of the digidestined and a whole world of kids with partners it seems, so one char not wanting to fight wont make a difference.
It sure does, when she's one of the very few who ever got her partner to Ultimate level. With the way Adventure tends to handle levels, I’m not sure if any number of chosen stuck with adult levels and perhaps the occasional perfect would make any difference either.
I don’t think basically feigning ignorance is that loving but mostly Sora’s role mainly contradicts the entertainment value of the movie by being very boring in general.

I, for one, have no issue with both their justifications.As for Menoa and Maki, it seems that they both have unresolves traumas which always make for good villain material. I dont see it as rehasing the storyline because it's logical issues to have when adulting and having to leave childish things behind.
The question isn’t if it works on a psychological level for the character but if it works on a narrative level. And on a narrative level you can't get around the fact that they did it before. Doesn't matter if Menoa's psychological make as much logical sense as Maki's when it's basically the same anyway. Lost her partner, lost her marbles. The difference is mainly that Maki is obsessing over getting her own partner back and ready to screw everyone else over in the process, while Menoa redirects her obsession onto others... and screws them over in the process. It might work, sure, but does it add anything? That's what I'm skeptical of.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong but didnt they say that this was just a screening and maybe the finished product may have some changes? Big Hollywod movies do the same. Maybe they have other material ready to be put in, in case the screening make it necessary for them to put in more exposition or diff ending etc.
I don’t think any previous screening we got worked like that.

And Dark Gennai's been discarded as quickly as regular Gennai was in 02.
Actually you could argue that if anything Gennai was more proactive during 02. There was just no need for him to appear in the earlier parts of the story as the mentor and exposition roles were already plenty filled by the older chosen.

All digidestined (not only 02 kids) can open digital gates whenever they want in Kizuna. However, it seems this will stop when the digidestined are separated from their Digimon. Also, they probably couldn't enter the Digital World anymore.

02 kids are not immune to this, they will also be separated from their Digimon partner later when they become older.
Unless they find a way to undo that process within the 3 years they presumably still have. And they might use exactly that familiar 3 year time skip they used before for extra nostalgia.

In itself, a sequel isn't necessary as we know how this will end (02 Epilogue).
"We know the epilogue happens because the epilogue happens" isn't an explanation that will satisfy anyone though. Just like it will always be shit writing for an event to happen only because the plot needs it to happen.

If a sequel happen, it may not even have the same staff as Kizuna. Then, we can't really predict anything about this.
That would only be true if the new staff consists of aliens with a completely different notion of common sense and logic from human beings.

The fact of the matter is that if Kizuna doesn't do as well as expected, a sequel will be far from obvious.
That is true but also completely irrelevant. Unless of course you are claiming that Toei produced the movie while also expecting it to bomb.

As for the idea to replace Taichi... Okay? This movie is primarily about him losing Agumon, so why shouldn't the resolution involve him in a big way?
I'm not saying he can’t show up to the big party when the partners come back, or have a supporting role. And sure maybe at the very end they could go for the much predicted fusion between the two new Ultimates or whatever but until they get there, there is a sizable chunk of story where Taichi might not, or indeed could not, do the heavy lifting.
And especially if we get our fill of Taichi acting as the protagonist in the Adventure reboot, the other parts of adventure might not be as pressured into being Taichi-centric.

It would make sense because this time the protagonists would willingly subject themselves to a dream reality after having lost their partners, as opposed to being forced to do that by a villain.
God no. Wasn’t the entirety of the tri stage play, the end of Zero Two, and in the end Tri and Kizuna itself that our heroes had to learn to face reality and not run away? What would be the point of them rejecting Menoa's regressive neverland, if they are just going to substitute their own?
Now I am not a fan of the whole moral posturing side of adventure's writing, nor do I always agree with its conclusions, but I do believe that they generally have the decency not to be hypocritical about their views which your scenario would require them to be, as the entire premise would basically negate all they have been preaching throughout the story.
It's as much in line with the characterization and message of Adventure as the idea that at some point the Adventure Tokomon did lots of LSD and hallucinated all of X-Evolution.

It sounds like they're confusedly ambling towards making Homeostasis itself the final antagonist if they ever get around to telling that story.
I don’t see how Homeostasis needs to be the villain here.
Remember that the Hikarigaoka incident was accidental and the Homeostasis merely observed the children’s powers/virtues etc they didn’t proactively trigger anything.
Their role in choosing seems more on the logistic side than the actual bestowing of those powers, which might just be an inherent feature of the world outside their direct control. So the decline of those powers might not be their doing either, so it’s far from sure that they will be the bad guy behind everything, if there even is such a thing.
And again, going back to the trailer, we got a line about what gives the chosen powers was some sort of weird energy derived from the sum of possibilities in their lives or something like that. I don’t think that’s convincing physics, but that’s beside the point. It’s also not something the Homeostasis would have much control over.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bandai did too and wrote a gaping plothole with whatever they are planning next.
Yeah, that's the weird part about theories. You are automatically operating under the premise that toei cares about good writing and keeping things in continuity… and they might just not.
But in general “Let’s assume they have standards” is the only sane way to discuss those things because at least that way things can get narrowed down a bit. There are infinitely more ways to fail than to succeed after all, and taking all of those into account would be pointless.

The new Digivices are also cool, but I'm not sure if they replace the old ones or exist alongside them.
The old Digivices are still around and working, but it seems the new ones are more versatile, like being able to open gates like the D-3s.

There's no resolution to the Digital World being rebooted (such as the Four Gods, the Dark Masters, Myotismon), and if the 02 Digimon were at all effected by the reboot for that matter.
The resolution was already given in tri, mostly. Maicoomon had backed up all the data, and restored it all so most of the reboots effects were negated I guess. It’s not super clear but there was never much of a point in expecting big explanations about it.
It’s not like the rebirth of the world at the end of Adventure had its exact impact examined at any point.

Menoa is so Maki that I don't know why they didn't just make her Maki in the first place. As far as we know she's still alive, so why couldn't she just find a way to harness the powers of the Dark Ocean to age down the DigiDestined. Eosmon doesn't seem all that unique so they could have just made him Dragomon.
Huh, I thought “probably pretty dead” was the overall opinion on Maki. Those last shots we saw of her seemed pretty final. Anyway, while I agree that Menoa is a thematic rehash, maki’s return would have necessitated a very different plot. Menoa after all introduced as someone sympathetic, so that the other characters would let down their guards around her… but with Maki that wouldn’t have worked after the events of tri. And of course with Menoa’s goal being technically benign but misguided, and a Cthulhu theme… wouldn’t have worked tonally with that at all.

The film also seems to have serious logic problems. Tai and Matt have to separate from their partners, but Sora doesn't seem to have to despite being the same age? Not to mention Joe, whose older than all of them and shouldn't have Gomamon at all.
Age doesn’t seem to be the only determining factor here.
There was a line in the trailer to the effect that they would lose their Digimon sooner if they continue to fight. Sure, Menoa said that, so it might have been misdirection, but if it’s not it could somewhat explain things. It wouldn’t only be about how old they are, but how much they’ve used their bonds to fight.
So maybe Taichi and Yamato’s status as plot favourites, getting Ultimates way before everyone else, being the ones to take part in all the important fights could very well be exactly what comes back to bite them in this story.

Who knows, maybe every time they fused their partners to Omegamon it took a month of their partnership or something.

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unless they find a way to undo that process within the 3 years they presumably still have. And they might use exactly that familiar 3 year time skip they used before for extra nostalgia.
My only point here is that 02 kids also had to face the "threat" of a separation in the future, so the solution wouldn't so easy like "02 kids can travel to DigitalWorld and other digidestined can meet their Digimon".

That would only be true if the new staff consists of aliens with a completely different notion of common sense and logic from human beings.
I just wanted to say that if there is a new staff it is even more difficult to predict how they will develop the story, since they may not even take into account some aspects of the previous one.

In the same way that Kizuna does not follow the situation of Dark Gennai. Or Tri almost does not touch the issues left open in 02.

Although I must say it, common sense tells me that Toei would like to continue using Taichi and Yamato as main protagonists for a possible continuation of Kizuna.

Golden_Fate

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regardless, I'm always annoyed when a fantasy or science fiction film goes with the "fantastic elements are Imaginary Friends that go away on your 18th Birthday", so I'm not at all looking forward to this. It really is a paradoxically immature way of dealing with the setting.

I like this! The kids are growing up into adults, but the Digimon are stuck in their child levels. When will they finally reach their adulthood?

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You knew this would be a total disaster when they planned on juggling a plot with over 14 characters in a 2 hour movie when they struggled to give us a plot for 9 characters with 6 full movies of content.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regardless, I'm always annoyed when a fantasy or science fiction film goes with the "fantastic elements are Imaginary Friends that go away on your 18th Birthday", so I'm not at all looking forward to this. It really is a paradoxically immature way of dealing with the setting. Honestly, if they were going to split everyone from the Digimon I'd like to it been due to the Digimon starting to consider what they want out of life instead of basically being pets.
I like this! The kids are growing up into adults, but the Digimon are stuck in their child levels. When will they finally reach their adulthood?
My thoughts, exactly. It seemed like they were going in this direction too. There were parts of 02 where Greymon was in his Adult form basically permanently and I thought the resolution to that would naturally be "Greymon is still Taichi's partner but he's an Adult nearly all the time now and a three-story tall tyrannosaurus isn't exactly adapted for urban life" but then they pulled away from that with the 02 Epilogue and Tri.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The real question: how do Matt and Gabumon find each other and then land on the moon. Or was it mars? Is the 02 epilogue still canon?
Aslo, what if Kizuna takes place in the adventure reboot timeline.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s 99.9% certain that the epilogue is still canon and the movie’s in the original timeline.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s 99.9% certain that the epilogue is still canon and the movie’s in the original timeline.
The producer confirmed the Epilogue is still the ending.

At the end of the film, Taichi has a thesis about connecting the worlds. So, he wants to meet Agumon again.

Seer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theigno said:
That is true but also completely irrelevant. Unless of course you are claiming that Toei produced the movie while also expecting it to bomb.
It's suspicious that they haven't confirmed a sequel yet when Tri was always planned to be much longer than one movie.

I'm not saying he can’t show up to the big party when the partners come back, or have a supporting role.
That is not what I'd expect given the ending of this movie. Taichi is the one slaving over a solution to this problem; you'd think that he'd pass that responsibility to the younger characters if you were right.

God no. Wasn’t the entirety of the tri stage play, the end of Zero Two, and in the end Tri and Kizuna itself that our heroes had to learn to face reality and not run away? What would be the point of them rejecting Menoa's regressive neverland, if they are just going to substitute their own? Now I am not a fan of the whole moral posturing side of adventure's writing, nor do I always agree with its conclusions, but I do believe that they generally have the decency not to be hypocritical about their views which your scenario would require them to be, as the entire premise would basically negate all they have been preaching throughout the story. It's as much in line with the characterization and message of Adventure as the idea that at some point the Adventure Tokomon did lots of LSD and hallucinated all of X-Evolution.
They wouldn't be running away if it were the only way to get access to the Digital World in reality. There's also the possibility that the reboot really is an alternate world, but the original heroes will find out about it and access the Digital World from there. I suppose that this is more likely if only for the sake of new viewers.

I find the idea of non-intersecting anime canons running simultaneously, pretty silly. Which is not to say that it couldn't be done as Pokemon has resorted to just that for a weirder reason.

Last edited: