Kizuna Spoiler Thread

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since the Crowdfunded screening happens on the 2nd in Japan and the Early Public Screening is the 4th Feb, it's time to have the spoiler thread ready.

Please do not ask for spoilers, they will be posted as and when they appear by users.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if what I've read so far is right, but if so...

Oh man, there is an amazing level of balls to end on a more literal cliffhanger and (metaphorical) 'promise' of more than Adventure, 02, or tri. did.

A few different people who speak English were there, and I'm sure they will share their thoughts soon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deleted posts.

This thread is for spoilers, and discussions of them.

There is a subscribe to thread option under thread tools for notifications, spamming the thread is not necessary.

ggctuk

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda really want to know, spoilers be damned (I'm a 'has to see it myself to believe it anyway' kind of guy).

(I'm not asking directly for spoilers, but I'm just expressing that I'm perfectly okay with knowing them - though not okay with then spoiling it for others who DON'T want them)

Last edited:

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if what I've read so far is right, but if so...

Oh man, there is an amazing level of balls to end on a more literal cliffhanger and (metaphorical) 'promise' of more than Adventure, 02, or tri. did.

A few different people who speak English were there, and I'm sure they will share their thoughts soon.
Hmm. Not sure if the spoilers I read were legit. But the ones I read did have a ballsy ending. And once again the door is still open to get to the 02 ending...

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've read a few spoilers on TW how the ED hurt but nothing explicitly. Does this mean there is more on the way? I'd be hyped.

Edit: Ahhh, it seems we are truely leading to the 02 ending. Kinda tired they aren't confirming any of the supposed couples (and my Takari/Koumi heart's bleeding). I mean Sora not knowing what Yamato is up to?

And I've got a feeling they're hooking Tai x Meiko up with the way he supposedly screams her name in Kizuna.

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The spoilers say we will see Meiko and Meicoomon. If I'm not mistaken Tri's director said the ending in Tri (with a sound of a Digivice), it was an ambiguous hint that Meicoomon could return. It seems Kizuna will confirm this.

It seems Wallace, Terriermon and Kokomon also appear. So, Hurricane Touchdown is confirmed as canon for the Adventure universe.

ggctuk

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The spoilers say we will see Meiko and Meicoomon. If I'm not mistaken Tri's director said the ending in Tri (with a sound of a Digivice), it was an ambiguous hint that Meicoomon could return. It seems Kizuna will confirm this.

It seems Wallace, Terriermon and Kokomon also appear. So, Hurricane Touchdown is confirmed as canon for the Adventure universe.
Interesting on both counts, but especially for the second since we don't really know how Hurricane Touchdown fits into the story and it's never been worked into previous animated canon (outside the English versions which have mentioned Willis on occasion). But this also means the radio drama of Wallace explaining Kokomon never came back is NOT canon.

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting on both counts, but especially for the seconds since we don't really know how Hurricane Touchdown even fits into the story. But this also means the radio drama of Wallace explaining Kokomon never came back is NOT canon.
The events of Hurricane Touchdown can fit in the story of 02. Hurricane Touchdown happened on Summer Holydays after the defeat of Kimeramon.

There will be some inconsistencies, but even the anime itself has some inconsistencies within its own story.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, assuming the spoilers are accurate, it rehashes Tri’s plot and declines to give us an ending? Oof.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s not really clear to me how Meiko and Wallace appear, since the spoilers from that account make it sound like they weren’t animated in the LEK artstyle and were seemingly like flashbacks?

It’s actually hilarious to see Wallace show up after all the canon/non-canon discussions about that movie lmao. I’m hoping Meiko getting a cameo does in fact confirm Meicoomon is back.

At this point I have to wonder if we’ll get another movie for the 25th anniversary of the franchise focused on the 02 group primarily this time instead, but I’m probably thinking about this too early lol.

All I need to see now is a brief explanation on what the “Last Evolution” looks like.

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, assuming the spoilers are accurate, it rehashes Tri’s plot and declines to give us an ending? Oof.

Looks like it set up a continuation, it might turn into another Tri or smth. It's kinda weird that they're trying everything in their power to head to the 02 ending but pass on any chance to even show the supposedly canon couples interacting.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I kinda feel that showing Wallace and Meiko in Kizuna is a fanservice to the watchers meant to close all the possible doors for continuation. I.e. they showed all important characters that people might have liked.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't confirm anything. Just like Ryo's cameos in the anime don't confirm the events Ryo games happened 1:1 in the anime. It means that there exists a version of the character in this specific continuity, but whether or not that character experienced those same events is another question entirely.
Does it make it more likely? Perhaps. But unless the events are directly referenced there can be no absolute argument about anything, only probabilities.

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't confirm anything. Just like Ryo's cameos in the anime don't confirm the events Ryo games happened 1:1 in the anime. It means that there exists a version of the character in this specific continuity, but whether or not that character experienced those same events is another question entirely.
Does it make it more likely? Perhaps. But unless the events are directly referenced there can be no absolute argument about anything, only probabilities.
You really want to ignore that (unlike Ryo's games) Toei created Hurricane Touchdown and it still shows that movie along the other movies of Adventure/02 in its promotion.

The appearance of Wallace in Kizuna is the last confirmation that Toei consider Hurricane Touchdown part of the Adventure canon.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really should’t be in this thread but I want to know what the new Digimon from this film are so baddddd. I’ll try and skim as lightly as possible as people post more.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really should’t be in this thread but I want to know what the new Digimon from this film are so baddddd. I’ll try and skim as lightly as possible as people post more.
It's Erosmon, Freud in digimon's disguise. I think you can imagine how bad and evil such a Digimon can be (especially if in public it talks about your secrets and desires ;).

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There’s also this private account that delves a bit further into the new Digimon:

https://twitter.com/LastKizuna

Hoping we eventually find out/get their actual names soon.