Kizuna Novel Adaptions Discussion Thread

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Kizuna novel adaptions are out in Japan.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

A few people were importing the novels (or nabbing it on Japanese ebook services) so putting a thread in case anyone wanted to discuss it seemed like a good idea.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna got 2 different novel adaptions, which serve different audiences and have different content.

The two versions are:
Mirai- Designed for elementary school and Junior high students to understand. Lots of color images and illustrations
Dash X- More action scenes and emotions, along with scenes that ended up not being in the movie

Both follow the plot of the movie, so be warned that spoilers will certainly be brought up.

Both novels are still available at Amazon JP:
Mirai Version
Dash X Version

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21 in Japan and March 25th in the US. Many theaters in the US are already selling tickets early, so it may be worth checking at Atom or Fandango.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For those of us who can’t read Japanese, here’s a rundown of (what I assume is) the Dash X novel:
https://pastebin.com/hqVwmAaS

Personally, going to wait maybe a few months to see if we somehow do get one of these novels in English, and if not I’ll pick up the Mirai version for all the pretty pictures lol.

About the spoilers, the more notable thing for me is that we don’t get names for the final forms of Digimon in the climax. We do get to hear about another new Digimon named Morphomon. I was kinda hoping Eosmon would be used to give Hudiemon a full line in future games, but it sounds like we might get a Morphomon-Eosmon line. I just hope the unique forms of Eosmon get unique names outside of the movie lol.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the novel this movie sounds... fine. Not very exciting or unique though. I’m kind of confused about what happens to Digimon Partners when their human Partners become adults now though. The interviews after the movie seems to imply they just went back to the Digital World but Menoa’s partner was in some kind of stasis or “dead”? It definitely sounds like they can’t just pop over to the Digital World for a visit like that, but also just strikes me as bizarre.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the novel this movie sounds... fine. Not very exciting or unique though. I’m kind of confused about what happens to Digimon Partners when their human Partners become adults now though. The interviews after the movie seems to imply they just went back to the Digital World but Menoa’s partner was in some kind of stasis or “dead”? It definitely sounds like they can’t just pop over to the Digital World for a visit like that, but also just strikes me as bizarre.
Morphomon is in the Digital World but she basically semi-recreated it's mind in creating Eosmon.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I knew what the ending was going to be, but I was still extremely sad. As always, thank you Onkei for letting me return to my childhood.

Golden_Fate

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Onkei is just....a blessing! What a beautiful story! I liked it quite a bit!