Kizuna in Australia and New Zealand on March 7th? Update- Or not...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Well, a bit of a surprise.

Event Cinemas in Australia (plus New Zealand) is listing Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna with a release date of March 7th.

Looks like it might be a shorter wait for those down under than they expected!

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21 in Japan and March 25th in the US. Tickets are currently on sale for the US screenings, so check Fandango, Atom, or wherever you would normally check for tickets. The Kizuna page on Fathom's website lists theaters.

Thanks to JRPictures for the news and to forum goer frankiemon827 for confirming it applies to New Zealand also.

Update- A bit of an update...

So it looks like it's premiering at Anime Festival Australia on March 7th.

Update- Listings have been updated at Event Cinemas, and it appears the screening is in fact just the 'one' for Anime Festival Australia. Hopefully something wider later. The New Zealand info appears to have been a misread.

Attachments

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also confirmed it will be showing in New Zealand also at March 7. It's amazing that they are showing Digimon in Event cinemas!!! And curiously before US too...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also confirmed it will be showing in New Zealand also at March 7. It's amazing that they are showing Digimon in Event cinemas!!! And curiously before US too...
Added that, thanks.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please please let this be true.

I recently moved to Sydney from my homecountry. Watching a Digimon movie in theatres will be something i have never experienced before.

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please please let this be true.

I recently moved to Sydney from my homecountry. Watching a Digimon movie in theatres will be something i have never experienced before.
You can check Event Cinema's website and click on "coming soon" section and you will find it there.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I live in Melbourne and haven't heard anything about it? Nevermind I found it. It's coming out on the 7th of march woohoo i get to see it in cinemas and don't have to wait for DVD. SWEET AS

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit more info added above.

imket

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome information. Might watch it as part of the anime festival, anyone with experience and know if they give any goodies or bonuses? Since the movie is out that day, not sure if worth paying extra to watch via anime festival

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully it shows up at the Event Cinemas in Perth.

Jacq

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where/how did you confirm this? I've been trying to find more information about this all week (as the closest Event cinema is a 4-hour drive away) and I haven't been able to find anything saying it's playing in NZ at all. It's not listed on the Coming Soon page.

Last edited:

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where/how did you confirm this? I've been trying to find more information about this all week (as the closest Event cinema is a 4-hour drive away) and I haven't been able to find anything saying it's playing in NZ at all. It's not listed on the Coming Soon page.
hmm...it is strange...I randomly checked it few days ago and it was said to be showing on 7 March. I guess they took it down for some reason:S

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It appears the listing info was misread.

For now it appears the screening is 'just'the one at the convention.

Updated the above info to show.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome information. Might watch it as part of the anime festival, anyone with experience and know if they give any goodies or bonuses? Since the movie is out that day, not sure if worth paying extra to watch via anime festival
This is the bonus from the Kizuna booth at Madman. I requested one early as I am not going to Madfest Sydney (busy that weekend and I'm in Melbourne)