Kizuna English Dub Quality

Hoy-Small-Fry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How was the English dub for this one? Does it match up with the original JP version in terms of content or have they mixed up plot points?
Also, how are the voices - obviously this was recorded partially in lockdown, so I am wondering whether that impacted the quality? And how about those new voices?

Just generally looking to hear how good/bad/weird the dub is!
(for clarity, I'm in the UK and it doesn't look like we'll be getting it any time soon, so I'm trying to gauge reaction without delving into spoilers!)

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Other than a few actors not being able to make the cut, it's basically perfect. Stays close to the original, but still has a distinctly dub flavor. The only voice that sounded notably off was Armadillomon. Gabumon also sounds kind of different. Like he did in Tri, but a little more extreme. That didn't bother me, but others have mentioned it was distracting.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dub is fine. As far as I understand it's basically the same as Tri. Faithful with a few jokes thrown in.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven’t watched the entire English dub yet, but from what I’ve seen it’s pretty faithful to the original while still being able to it’s fun tongue and cheek self at times. Some of the voices sound different but nothing to complain about, Joshua Seth as a much older Tai I thought was the best performance. Music is the same as the original Japanese version. If you watched the Tri dub then this once was very similar.