Kizuna Design & Production Art from Animedia

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A really nice bit of fun for the weekend!

The new issue of Animedia out this Tuesday has a small section dedicated to design and production artwork from Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna!

The images appear to be completely spoiler free, even from the new evolutions that appear in it. (Text in the images may have spoilers.)

The text is generally information we've had before, so we won't be translating it for now.

First up above is a page dedicated to Taichi.

Then we get a spread with a bit more Taichi, along with Agumon and his various forms.

Then there is a spread for Yamato, Gabumon, and his various forms.

Sora & Piyomon, and then Koushiro & Tentomon each get a page.

Followed by Mimi & Palmon plus Jou and Gomamon.

The Adventure characters finish with Takeru & Patamon along with Hikari and Tailmon.

The 02 gets are also included starting with Daisuke & V-mon plus Ken and Wormmon (and Minomon!)

The 02 kids finish with Miyako & Hawkmon plus Iori and Armadimon (and a bit of Upamon!)

We finish with Menoa and Kyotaro, introduced in the new film. The bottom has a look at the new smartphone Digivice, the classic Digivice, and there is even a bit of the back of the D-3.

It's not comprehensive (hopefully we get a nice large artbook for that), but it's a rather stuffed 16 pages of designs and artwork for the new movie.

The issue will be out March 10th and can be purchased here.

We've archived the images in our gallery here.

Thanks to a baidu user for the images.

Attachments

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... and there is even a bit of the back of the D-3.
Isn't that just the back of the classic Digivice? Not sure what it is showing about it, though.

Always love seeing character art. And it's funny to see how no-fur Gabumon is just a normal thing nowadays!
Is it just me, or does Ken look a lot more like his 02 version here? He looks way more familiar.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taichi can open his mouth very wide (Top right middle Taichi headshot of the Taichi and Agumon spread).

I like Yamato's comically angry expression along with the visible fang in his teeth below the text that has his name above it on the Yamato and Gabumon spread. XD

I like Koushiro's comically irritated/disturbed expression below the text in the top left corner of his page.

Ken's angry expression on the left of the back view of him on his page is intense.

... and there is even a bit of the back of the D-3.
Isn't that just the back of the classic Digivice? Not sure what it is showing about it, though.

Always love seeing character art. And it's funny to see how no-fur Gabumon is just a normal thing nowadays!
Is it just me, or does Ken look a lot more like his 02 version here? He looks way more familiar.
That's Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's classic and updated Digimon Adventure art style for you. :)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Wormon is awesome. Very cute which might be weird for an insect Digimon, but look at Minomon! ...I just wanted to say that.

VanChizzle

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gabumon's furless look was one of the first things I looked for. XD

Ken's pupil in his serious face at the top left is small enough that it looks contracted like it was when his Dark Seed was still active. He almost looks evil again!

I like Koushiro's comically irritated/disturbed expression below the text in the top left corner of his page.
He almost looks as though he badly needs to pee from drinking too much oolong tea or something. :p