Ken Ichijouji in Digimon Adventure:?

Ryouma Mogami

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, I'm the administrator of a well-known page of Digimon in Italy, and a few days ago a guy wrote to me pointing out this scene in episode 3 of Digimon Adventure: (2020) in which two figures seem to be Ken and his mother. I did some research but found nothing online, so I tried it myself make a comparison and his mother doesn't quite match that of the classic series, and Ken's hair here looks longer.

I don't think it's them, but if so... what do you think?

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll say 70% no/30% yes. It looks like him, sure, but IIRC, there was also speculation that Maki would be Ken based on superficial resemblance. The reboot already has the original cast and its plot laid fairly laid out, so, yannow.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks pretty similar but the issue is that he's the same age as Takeru, and on this pic he looks far too old to be 8 yo.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doubt it. I can't see what adding the 02 kids in would do for the story, especially when we're halfway in and still need to develop the main cast. Maybe they'll show up as cameos.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm always on the sceptical side when the 02 kids were brought in as a possibility for future episodes. At the pace the show is currently in, I don't think there's space left for any additional cast(s). And as someone said, he's too big for an 8 years old.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First we get through 01. Then we'll see what they're going to do with a possible 02 series. ...If we're going to add anyone, I'd like to see Meiko. heh heh ...Though Ryo is probably the "best" option.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering it was all the way back in episode 3 and hasn't been referenced since nor have any other Adventure kids gotten acknowledged, I'm going to assume this was just a coincidence until further evidence appears.

Ken does kinda have a generic haircut after all. :unsure: