Just what the heck is Gazimon, anyway?

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gazimon reminds you of a hyena?

Which would lean towards the Gazimon are cats theory.

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It always felt like sort of a feline fox type of creature, with a sort of bobcat stockiness, though I can see where some of the wolfishness would come from. All I know is I've always liked it.

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He's an exaggerated coyote, that's why he lives in the desert and is referenced as a canid.
Apparently the novel refers to them as feline, going by what TMS said.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He's an exaggerated coyote, that's why he lives in the desert and is referenced as a canid.
Apparently the novel refers to them as feline, going by what TMS said.
Lacking the context in which manner they are considered cat-like, I'm just going to posit that the Adventure novel is one pseudo-obscure novel, while the Gaomon profile is on the official site and re-used throughout several games (I'd have to check whether the Gazimon mention is in each of them, though).

And for what it's worth, coyote's could be considered more cat-like than other canids.

Tamer Frankie

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was actually just thinking about this earlier as I saw them again in the anime. I always viewed them more as a rabbit myself. I looked them up as well as pagumon to see where the names came from according to Wikimon. Turns out both are named after the sound of eating with two different words. I personally don't see the connection to the digimon (at least, not more noticeable with pagu/gazimon compared to toerh digimon imo), but that wouldn't be the first time I think a digimon was oddly named. But I guess kinda goes with the coyote design.

Last edited: