Just wanted to share with you guys some fan made Digivolutions I painted.

chenks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finalgreymon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

My attempt at improving the Agumon: Bond of Courage Kizuna design which I have very mixed feelings on. I just feel like his design is too simple, naked and overtly humanoid. Waaaaay less cool than wargreymon, who had none of those flaws (wargreymon is my favorite digimon so the bar is high).
This is my attempt at creating a digivolution that takes from all agumon's forms. I always thought that grey sword + brave shield should be incorporated into one design, also the blue stripes + brown helmet brought back into the kizuna design was the best aspect of it. I wanted to add in some metal greymon elements too, hence the purple fabric and red hair. The overall body plan is Wargreymon's of course, but adding back in the more 'dinosaur-ey' elements of a tail. Also I thought it would be a downgrade not to be able to let this guy fly, so I added in some sun wings based on the crest of courage. I tried to minimize the human jaw and mouth by making the helmet more 'Kaiser-greymon esque', in fact his whole form looks more like Kaiser greymon in my new design, just with a couple of colours and details switched around.
I think because of his elevated power, he can command blue flame, vs the red that the other Greymon's command, it also matches the energy in his stripes and sword. His attacks consist of an explosive shieldbash, a generic blue flaming sword slash and a beam of blue solar energy which comes from his wings when they snap together into a sun shape.
I hope you like him! What do you guys think about the Kizuna design and what could be done to improve it?

Finalgarurumon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the advent of "Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna". I wanted to give you guys my own interpretation of what a Metalgarurumon digivolution would look like.
I wanted to add elements from the entire digivolutionary line into this design, hence the name: Finalgarurumon. I gunned for what I thought the zenith of the garurumon digivolutionary family would embody. What do you guys think? PS: the Gundam legs I used for him, suit him perfectly. Didn't design them myself. Based off a Gundam Barbaratos.

Finalphoenixmon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Continuing on my series of final "god" forms of the Digimon from "Digimon Adventure", here's my take on Biyomon's final form!
Again, tried to incorporate all forms into one design, whilst trying to give her a unique weapon, a massive native american spear which she can carry in her talons. Not having Garudamon's male torso also has the benefit of giving her a more androgynous design, always thought that discrepancy was weird, but whatever
I really wanted to use Biyomon's pinks and blues, whilst using a little gold from phoenixmon to create the overall colour scheme. It was really difficult to add in designs for birdramon, who is literally on fire, and whose colours, I don't think really match what I was going for. Hopefully you like what I did with the spear and the belt.
Obviously overall the design looks like a natural progression from Garudamon, the Biyomon line's most awsome form. Really love the native american influences and the overall bipedal nature of it all. Frankly even the X-antibody version couldn't improve upon the design and even I struggled with where I could go about trying to create a naturally flowing digivolution, which didn't look like it jumped the shark like from Garudamon to Phoenixmon. I still love Phoenixmon's design, it's just not as good as the Ultimate forms.

Finalgatomon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Finalgatomon/Finaltailmon (can't think of a better name)
Man it was hard to come up with a design for her. For Gatomon's evolution line , we have a cat, a dog, a sphinx, a half-dressed lady angel, a fully armoured lady angel and a freaking pink dragon. Eventually I had to pick and choose which forms I wanted and what aspects of each. I knew I wanted to go purpley-pink, trying to integrate some colours from Angewomon, Tailmon and Magnadramon, and that I also wanted to have more feline aspects in the form too. Ultimately, not sure how proud I am of the final result. Oh well, here's my best shot.
I tried to incorporate the metallic teal colour from Ophanimon and as far as I'm concerned Nefertimon went straight out the window (although I love her design).
Really trying to keep the colour schemes unique between these final evolutions from the Digimon adventure roster, hopefully this more purple scheme is different enough from my Finalphoenixmon. I've got so many more of these to do, with additional designs on the way, really not looking forward to figuring our how to do a final Patamon evo.

Nitrorapidmon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Never really been happy with Megagargomon's design, thought Rapidmon was dope. Here's my interpretation of a Terriermon final evolution. Heavily influenced by Gundam mechas, let me know if you can identify the models.

KingLeomon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Another in my series of designs to create some god level megas for some of my favourite Digimon. This time with no "final" prefix, I just decided to design this guy with little homage to any of his past forms.
Leomon's digivolutions are solid, all of them. Leomon: awsome, Grapleomon: Awsome, Saberleomon: Awesome, Madleomon: Awesome, Heavyleomon: Cool- ish, BanchoLeomon: Disappointing, also Bancho is very similar to a swearword in one of the most common languages spoken on the planet
I just thought that a regal Leomon form with design concepts of royalty, gold and kingliness would be a natural take for a final form. Originally I experimented with gold-blue and gold-purple schemes but ultimately because I wanted the mane to not look weird I went with a lovely royal burgundy-gold scheme, tried to push the red as close into purple as possible whilst still keeping it "red". Think it came out well. He's got a kingly mantle on, made sure the fur parts had black tipped feathers in them, his mane + head horns came out looking a lot like a British crown too, happy surprise.
Since i'm shite at designing swords, I found a concept online which perfectly suited what I needed for him and tweaked it ever so tinily. I can't take credit for the sword design. Unfortunately I've lost the link and believe me I've spent hours and hours, delving through thousands of pins on pinterest to try find the source. Please, guys if anyone finds the original concept can you send me the link so I can give the very talented creator some credit.
Edit: u/Kuraltus on reddit pointed out that it is the Final Fantasy XIV Curtana sword.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, which ones are your favourite? Any constructive criticism too is much appreciated. Also guys if you do feel so inclined and want to help me out please follow me on the relevant social medias.

Artstation:PROFILEChenuka RatwatteAmateur Artist
Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/chenks-r
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chenks_r

Much love.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
holy shoot this thread is underrated. I am both on love with your originally designs and find your reimaginings of the 2 Kizuna forms leagues and bounds better than what we got which I also did not care for. Angewomon being naked is a bit odd, though.
I really am in love with your general aesthetic style and the directions you take your details. Have you done professional work for companies? Because this are some high end concepts, I feel like I'm looking at big company concept art

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow this is cool! I like most of your concepts and your style is awesome.
I really like Finalphoenixmon. The way it can wield the spear with its talon and also attack with flames with the hands is really a neat concept.
I, too, am someone who shares the same sentiment about Rapidmon evolving into SaintGalgomon, so seeing Nitrorapidmon is cool.
Though I agree that Finalgatomon being naked is a bit weird.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any possibility of Finaldevimon? >_>

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow these arts are really incredible, and the thought process behind their creation is great too. I can't say which is the best one, fantastic job.

chenks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
holy shoot this thread is underrated. I am both on love with your originally designs and find your reimaginings of the 2 Kizuna forms leagues and bounds better than what we got which I also did not care for. Angewomon being naked is a bit odd, though.
I really am in love with your general aesthetic style and the directions you take your details. Have you done professional work for companies? Because this are some high end concepts, I feel like I'm looking at big company concept art
Thanks for the kind words!

Haha, I'm actually a student in university studying computer science. My professional career has always gotten in the way of me having the time to honing my skills to the level a company would hire me for concept art. I actually am very slow at painting anyway so that definitely becomes a problem.

Any possibility of Finaldevimon? >_>
There's always a possibility! Although I would like to finish the adventure partners first as well as a veemon and Guilmon pair. Will definitely be posting these on the forums in the future.

Kami

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are great! I waaay prefer your versions of the bond of courage and friendship evolutions to the official ones. I also really like your Nitrorapidmon as I feel the same about Megagargomon. Loved Rapidmon, but not Megagargomon. The rest are dope too, of course.

chenks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)

I'm back, continuing my series of Digimon concepts and I've been really looking forward to getting this concept finished for the last few weeks! In fact, just my personal opinion - I am most proud of this one so far.

This is my attempt at creating a non-biomerged Guilmon mega, a "good" data form of Megidramon. I just thought that fusing together the reds, whites and blacks of the Guilmon line with a roman armour aesthetic would look awesome - hence the name "Romandramon". (I also considered 'Grecogrowlmon', 'Spartamon','Legiondramon', 'Augustgrowlmon' etc can you guys think of a better name?). Idk how clear it is, but that's an upside-down single wing on his back that he uses as a shield (a kite-shaped roman scutum?),and I really tried to make his weapon a fusion between a gladius, forearm-blade and a spear. Also tried to get some of the line's predominant features in here - see the, white hair/'batwing' on the crest and also triangles.....lots and lots of triangles. It was tricky, I wanted more black stripes, spikes and digicode in there, but any attempt to do so veered into "over-designed" territory. I'm always conscious that even for mega Digimon designs, there's a limit before things become visually cluttered. Ps- I'm also trying out a new shading technique here which should result in more natural contrast and consistent lighting. Originally he was supposed to be more bestial, matching Megidramon, but the more and more I hashed out his concept I had to make him more like an armoured knight. Maybe one day I'll do more of a classic 'dragon' look for a Guilmon mega.

I imagine Romandramon to be a very defensive mon, able to not just 'deflect' but also 'reflect' any attacks with his wing shield. His is able to spin in circles with his wing and sword in order to create flaming tornadoes around him too.Because of his heavily armoured, single wing, he'd be relatively slow and less agile, more willing to bunker down and absorb damage than dodge.

I actually really like the Guilmon line and have no real problems with Gallantmon.Guilmon cute, Growlmon - cool albeit too derivative of its rookie, Wargrowlmon - such a dumb design which I weirdly love and is emblematic of digimon's look as a whole. Now Gallantmon/Dukemon - I really think they are elegant designs and clever departures away from the og dinosaur motif, however at the end of the day that's what they are - 'departures', it's just cool to add back in a bit more dino and a bit more red. The crimson mode is awesome and one of my favourite digis of all time, red is my favourite colour and I think crimson mode is way underutilized in all media vs the base form.

Okey dokes. So what do you guys think?

Also if you're curious, check out my other designs below:Finalgreymon:

ARTWORKFinalGreymonby Chenuka Ratwatte

Finalgarurumon:

ARTWORKFinalgarurumonby Chenuka Ratwatte

Finalgatomon:

ARTWORKFinalgatomonby Chenuka Ratwatte

Finalphoenixmon:

ARTWORKFinalphoenixmonby Chenuka Ratwatte

Nitrorapidmon:

ARTWORKNitrorapidmonby Chenuka Ratwatte

Kingleomon:

ARTWORKKingleomonby Chenuka Ratwatte

If you do feel so inclined, I would love to get a follow on any of the following social medias, really trying to grow here and get some more support for my work.Artstation:

Artstation: PROFILEChenuka RatwatteAmateur Artist

DeviantART: www.deviantart.com/chenks-r

Instagram: www.instagram.com/chenks_r

Alrighty guys, much love and thankyou all for the support you've shown so far for my concepts. I've even taken some feedback for my Finalgatomon and I think I'll release a version with some of the nudity toned down.

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finalphoenixmon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Continuing on my series of final "god" forms of the Digimon from "Digimon Adventure", here's my take on Biyomon's final form!
Again, tried to incorporate all forms into one design, whilst trying to give her a unique weapon, a massive native american spear which she can carry in her talons. Not having Garudamon's male torso also has the benefit of giving her a more androgynous design, always thought that discrepancy was weird, but whatever
I really wanted to use Biyomon's pinks and blues, whilst using a little gold from phoenixmon to create the overall colour scheme. It was really difficult to add in designs for birdramon, who is literally on fire, and whose colours, I don't think really match what I was going for. Hopefully you like what I did with the spear and the belt.
Obviously overall the design looks like a natural progression from Garudamon, the Biyomon line's most awsome form. Really love the native american influences and the overall bipedal nature of it all. Frankly even the X-antibody version couldn't improve upon the design and even I struggled with where I could go about trying to create a naturally flowing digivolution, which didn't look like it jumped the shark like from Garudamon to Phoenixmon. I still love Phoenixmon's design, it's just not as good as the Ultimate forms.
I LOVE FINALPHOENIXMON!

I agree, it's such a downgrade to go from Garudamon to Phoenixmon. I mean, Phoenixmon X and Varudamon are pretty sweet design wise, but Garudamon is EPIC, but it's missing that final *something* to make it Mega worthy. It's similar to my feelings on Magnadramon. It's not that I *per se* have an issue with the design for a Mega, it's just missing that oomph! Goldramon does a better job of conveying that than does Magnadramon. Maybe some Holy Rings and an improved design making her more fearsome? I have the same hangups with Mitamamon. Fanart makes it look AMAZING, but the official art... oh boy. Mitamomon looks more like an Ultimate than it does a Mega. It's a shame really, though works out quite nicely as a transitional form for my Tapirmon -> Baluchimon -> ? ->Goldramon line... And while I'm on my high horse... I think Ceresmon Medium Mode is the design for the Bond of Sincerity. Not too keen on the design, but it all fits. Mind you, I don't like Rosemon as the final form. I think Raflessimon is a much better Mega as it hearkens back to what I always took to be Palmon's more poisonous nature.