MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
V-Jump time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's just about time for the July issue of V-Jump to come out and we have everything early, and relatively clean (not always a guarantee with V-Jump images.)

To start with, no 'big' news. The 'something serious is happening' teaser may refer to a couple different things here, but if you are looking for some sort of major announcement, you will not find it.

First up, the beginning of the Digimon content in V-Jump this month goes over a bit of basic info about the upcoming 20th film, with the majority this month being an interview with Supervisor (& original Adventure producer) Hiromi Seki and Producer Yosuke Kinoshita.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

During the interview they discuss handling a series that's been loved for 20 years and what episodes they consider their favorite.

They further discuss the theme of 'bonds' for the film that has been mentioned before, and how they hope that after people watch it they'll get motivation to try harder tomorrow.

General phrasing suggests the film is purely Adventure-centric.

Everyone's friend Terriermon Joshu chimes in with a bit more Adventure 20th film info also: A new 'gadget' item will appear in the film and it reflects 'the times' of when the movie takes place. Both the gadget and how it's 'expressed' (shown?) will 'evolve'. (Perhaps a tease about Taichi's VR googles which were shown in early art but have vanished as of late?)

At the top of the first page they have a header called Digimon Road to Ultimate, which appears to be teasing the next thing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An Imperialdramon Fighter Mode event in ReArise! And alongside this event they'll finally reveal the Ultimate level for Erismon, who everyone has been waiting to see for a decent chunk of time. They tease him with a silhouette.

Update- A bit more of a visual of what 'may' be Erismon's Ultimate.

A teaser image from ReArise, and images extracted from the game showing slightly different versions of it that show a 'slightly' better look at the head/upper body of what might be Erismon's Ultimate. (Some spines don't line up where you'd expect from the silhouette, but it certainly appears to be similiar to the silhouetted Digimon, and differences like that may just be based on the model/pose/etc.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then after seeing renders last month, we get to see images of the 8th series of Capsule Mascot Collection figures!

This time the lineup is Tokomon, Kunemon, Leomon, and Shellmon. Like the prior sets, these are based on the original V-Pet artwork.

This will be the first set since series 1 that only had 4 figures.

On top of that, Terriermon Joshu returns with a bit of commentary about the Capsule Mascot Collection. He muses on how Leomon is from the Digimon V-pet 4.0, and can Piyomon and Palmon, also from the 4.0, be far behind?

Last up is the social media art corner. It shows off a previously existing image of Zubamon, Ryudamon, and Spadamon celebrating Tanabata, which is on July 7th. It also muses on the question- What do weapon and samurai Digimon wish for?

Big thanks to inakaparadais for the images, and to onkei for translating. Thanks to Chortos-2 for a couple of the ReArise images and to Muur for the heads up about them.

Update- Added another version of the promotional image for ReArise.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My assumption is that it's an evil Mega in the vein of SkullGreymon and Megidramon, though that's just what I'm thinking and may not be anywhere close to the truth. Whatever the matter it sure took a long time for us to get it lol

weird we didn't get "big news", though maybe the herissmon mega is what they said was big news, or maybe there's more pages we've not seen?

also a shame Survive wasn't part of it, but I guess we'll get that when the time comes. no hackers switch announced on there either, so maybe it's wrong, or maybe it's later. whatever the matter, I'm hoping for some more pages.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
weird we didn't get "big news", though maybe the herissmon mega is what they said was big news, or maybe there's more pages we've not seen?
The exact Japanese text as I recall was "Something serious is happening?!"

We all took that as a declaration of 'big news' (which wasn't incorrect), but large interview content or the announcement that Erismon's Ultimate is coming (which people have been waiting over a year for) could both be taken as something serious.

Although certainly them teasing it in that manner 'is' kind of manipulative if it wasn't a case of V-Jump being asked to wait.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly I think Muur right about this just being a evil/corrupted Mega form of Erismon like Raguelmon and the other ones mention because to me even from the looks of the model it feels to demonic and such a drastic change compared to the rest of his line because from what it looks like he gains 4 extra eyes.

Last edited:

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, will the interview be translated in full at some point or is the gist of it all that should be expected to be available?

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if there is more then the July 7th Tanabata then what they are saying. It is rare that they reuse an image like that.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
not gonna lie, I feel cheated and let down. I at the least wanted just any update on Digimon Survive but this entire issue is just "stay tuned!". At least one of those things to further wait for is the Erismon mega but I'd rather just have my first view of it be from Rearise itself when it's localized in English

Zavier

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Me: Oh cool, maybe there'll be some news about Survive in this-

News: You thought! XD

Me: PAIN, WITHOUT LOVE, PAIN, CAN'T GET ENOUGH

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And the big news are...? This was all smoke and mirrors as hell...Survive, ReArise localization, HaMe on the Switch, next Digimon Story and we get what?A new engine and the potential confirmation that the 02 group will be erased again for that film...? Oh yes Erismon's mega because we haven't guessed that before with that silhouette, and not even a decent artwork...I'm truly disappointed to be honest.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you're expecting a major announcement from an extremely vague and nondescript 'something serious next issue', you're pretty much setting yourselves up for disappointment.

With that said, I'm not at all surprised that the 'serious' thing was related to Re:Arise.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure the major thing is the interview, considering the layout of the pages. Visually, Road to Ultimate feels like it covers the entire corner in V-Jump and the way things are arranged, the interview is the focal point. The game/merchandises are just bottom smaller corner features. As for Survive, expectations kind of come from the before/by early Summer tweet which June would be the latest.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added another version of the ReArise promotional image.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So 'bonds' is a theme for Movie Version Digimon Adventure (Working Title). Going by this artwork, Taichi and Agumon will become closer and at one point, the former will place his trust in the latter.

My guess is that the new 'gadget' in Movie Version Digimon Adventure (Working Title) will be based on smartphones.

Erismon's Ultimate form looks demonic.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Smart phones, and even VR, weren't really big in 2010. the first iphone came in 2007, but they weren't really widespread for a long time, especially in Japan who stuck to flip phones for ages (persona 4, set in 2012, all characters still have flip phones). I feel like the digimon characters are going to have out of place tech for 2010

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, to be honest, we've been getting blue balled about news on Survive for like what, about half a year? In the game department, the franchise doesn't really have anything going for it right now. Hacker's Memory lacked postgame content, so people were done with that quickly. Now what?
I mean, not really. The game was announced early so it could glom onto anime press.

You aren't entitled to nonstop news once something is announced, and frankly, it was clear early on they didn't have much to show (at times V-Jump was simply repeating things that had shown up elsewhere, etc.) If they had continued showing things, then we'd just be getting complaints about how they aren't showing anything of consequence, or repeating things, etc. (which was happening when we were getting updates 'anyways'.) Better for them not to show anything, then to show so little over and over again that it begins to feel bland.

Aren't you supposed to keep your fans/consumers satisfied with something until the release of whatever project you're working on? I mean, Sega has Team Sonic Racing, and its comics. Gamefreak and Nintendo have Pokémon Sword/Shield, in which the fanbase makes its own things to stay busy. And what do we have? Some news on a completely forgettable game and yet another nostalgia pandering movie. That can get kind of frustrating to a lot of people. Not trying to argue or anything. This is just my thoughts and feelings.
That you don't like other stuff coming out or being shown doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that plenty of people don't like it, it just means you don't like it.

Also, Survive has been openly talked about as a game related to the Adventure anniversary, so it may not be what you are really looking for anyways if your complaint is purely that 'nostalgia is bad'.

To say nothing of the idea that your examples were Sonic and Pokemon, things continually not only accused of nostalgia pandering, but where it clearly sells.

I mean, not many people were complaining about Sonic Mania. And people clearly want more of it. (Even your two Sonic examples were a followup to a game from 7 years ago, along with a comic where to make sure fans were happy, had the same writer that the previous companies Sonic comic did for a decade.)

No one involved with any sort of franchise fandom is 'really' bothered by nostalgia. They're bothered it isn't the specific thing they find nostalgic or special or familiar (or whatever the specific thing they want from it is.) And that's ok

The companies are making what people have wanted. They didn't announce more Adventure for basically a dozen years after 02 ended. That tri. ended and they were already working on 'more' says pretty solidly where the success, money, and audience is.

But then it isn't like more Adventure has been the only thing to show up since tri. was announced. There has been plenty of other things, it just goes back to if it was specifically stuff any given person wanted.

Zavier

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, to be honest, we've been getting blue balled about news on Survive for like what, about half a year? In the game department, the franchise doesn't really have anything going for it right now. Hacker's Memory lacked postgame content, so people were done with that quickly. Now what?
I mean, not really. The game was announced early so it could glom onto anime press.

You aren't entitled to nonstop news once something is announced, and frankly, it was clear early on they didn't have much to show (at times V-Jump was simply repeating things that had shown up elsewhere, etc.) If they had continued showing things, then we'd just be getting complaints about how they aren't showing anything of consequence, or repeating things, etc. (which was happening when we were getting updates 'anyways'.) Better for them not to show anything, then to show so little over and over again that it begins to feel bland.

Aren't you supposed to keep your fans/consumers satisfied with something until the release of whatever project you're working on? I mean, Sega has Team Sonic Racing, and its comics. Gamefreak and Nintendo have Pokémon Sword/Shield, in which the fanbase makes its own things to stay busy. And what do we have? Some news on a completely forgettable game and yet another nostalgia pandering movie. That can get kind of frustrating to a lot of people. Not trying to argue or anything. This is just my thoughts and feelings.
That you don't like other stuff coming out or being shown doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that plenty of people don't like it, it just means you don't like it.

Also, Survive has been openly talked about as a game related to the Adventure anniversary, so it may not be what you are really looking for anyways if your complaint is purely that 'nostalgia is bad'.

To say nothing of the idea that your examples were Sonic and Pokemon, things continually not only accused of nostalgia pandering, but where it clearly sells.

I mean, not many people were complaining about Sonic Mania. And people clearly want more of it. (Even your two Sonic examples were a followup to a game from 7 years ago, along with a comic where to make sure fans were happy, had the same writer that the previous companies Sonic comic did for a decade.)

No one involved with any sort of franchise fandom is 'really' bothered by nostalgia. They're bothered it isn't the specific thing they find nostalgic or special or familiar (or whatever the specific thing they want from it is.) And that's ok

The companies are making what people have wanted. They didn't announce more Adventure for basically a dozen years after 02 ended. That tri. ended and they were already working on 'more' says pretty solidly where the success, money, and audience is.

But then it isn't like more Adventure has been the only thing to show up since tri. was announced. There has been plenty of other things, it just goes back to if it was specifically stuff any given person wanted.
Well, clearly I'm wrong for saying anything. So I'll just delete what I said before I bring any harm to myself.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I find interesting is you saying "Pokemon fans make their own things to create interest". What exactly do you mean by this, fan art? youtube videos about random trivia? I see plenty of stuff like that on my timeline for Digimon

I do agree they announced the game too early, way too early, but since they said they redid a bunch of stuff - they probably thought it'd be out earlier than it actually will be.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but since they said they redid a bunch of stuff - they probably thought it'd be out earlier than it actually will be.
Despite a number of people passing that around, they never said anything was redone to my knowledge.

They said changes were made to systems in the game to improve it.

At no point was it said things were 'redone', or any statement of quantity.

The game was initially shown off in a very early state (which is likely why promotional bits in places seemed like they were repeating, as they likely only had so much in a showable state.) The changes made to elements of the game may very well have been the standard improvements and polish (and simply getting the game closer to release) you'd expect to happen as a game continues development.

yosa

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I fully understand the text, I find it interesting that they had a plan not to make Taichi and others to play the main roles but then decided to go to that direction because target audience would best sympathise with a story where Taichi grows from a student to working adult.

それこそ太一たちが主役ではない物語の案もありましたが、学生から社会人になる一歩手前の太一の物語が、この映画を届けたい人たちが一番共感できると考え、方向性を固めていきました。