JPN Last Evolution Kizuna Home Video Release on September 2nd, LE w/ Commentary & 02 Audio Drama

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Japanese home video release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna has just been announced with some great content.

First up, the art above is of the digipack that will hold the discs, featuring new art by Seiji Tachikawa, the chief animation director of the film.

All versions of the film will include a commentary with with Natsuki Hanae (Taichi), Chika Sakamoto (Agumon), director Tomohisa Taguchi, and Producer Yosuke Kinoshita.

Trailers and PVs will also be included.

The different releases are:
Blu-ray Deluxe for 9,800 yen
Blu-ray for 6,800 yen
DVD for 5,800 yen

The standard Blu-ray and DVD release will include a sleeve style case, along with a bonus leaflet.

The deluxe Blu-ray will add quite a bit including:
A three sided box with art by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru along with the digipack shown above.
Storyboards of the opening scene in the film.
A 'special booklet'
A book of thank you illustrations from the staff.

And the big bonus... a new audio drama featuring the 02 kids. It takes place the day before the movie, and is about their confusion over their summer vacation plans.

The audio drama is written by the writer of the movie, Akatsuki Yamatoya. A rough translation of the title of the audio drama is "Where Should We Go?" The image above is a sample of the script.

Toei and Happinet have thrown up a small commercial for the release in a number of places...

There will also be quite a few pre-order bonus items and store exclusives!

Early pre-orders at (almost) any retailer is a mini shikishi, while supplies last, for all 3 versions of the release.

Update- A few images that weren't available before have been added.)

Amazon will have an exclusive bundle including:
Tote bag (Art to be revealed later, included in a seperate edition, which also includes the other items.)
A B3 size clear poster (Taichi and Agumon eating)
3 A4 size clear files (the 3 shot above)

Animate will have a B5 size art board with art of Taichi and Yamato.

The first image was as it was originally shown, the second image is the revised version shown a month later.

Rakuten will have a 2L size bromide print of Taichi and Agumon.

Yodabashi Camera will have an acrylic plate featuring artwork of Mimi, Sora, Hikari, Miyako. and their Digimon.

Kamishin will have a set of 2 can badges.

Seven Net will have an acrylic plate featuring the poster art.

CDJapan/Neowing will have a can badge with the poster art.

And amiami has a set of can badges featuring art from the poster and a hexagonal background pattern.

Pre-orders are open! CDJapan links are affiliate links:
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Blu-ray Deluxe Version (CDJapan)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Blu-ray (CDJapan)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD (CDJapan)
We'll add the Amazon edition when it goes up also.

Attachments

Last edited:

Firerockbird

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
out of curiosity, can foreigners outside Japan can buy this DVD?

n8d0gg187

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This may not be the best post to ask on, but did we get any more of the Kizuna short films? I only saw the Sora one on youtube

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I'd love to see what happens in the 02 audio drama. Probably nothing earth-shattering but it'd be nice to know more about what they're up to.

And as for the picture... I can't help but notice the way they had certain people sitting next to each other. Ken and Miyako, Yamato and Sora are both obviously endgame. But it looks like they're teasing fans again by having Hikari in between Daisuke and Takeru, plus Mimi sitting with Koushirou.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oof thought this was the English release for a second and was both excited and disappointed in equal measure. Hopefully we'll get news on that soon.

Anyway, fun bonuses, although the audio drama doesn't sound particularly... consequential.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyway, fun bonuses, although the audio drama doesn't sound particularly... consequential.
Few Digimon CD dramas are. But most of them are fun and hopefully this one follows suit!

In a weird way, it's fitting. Digimon Adventure 02 was the only show that didn't get a new drama CD when the blu-ray boxes came out a few years back. Throwing the 02 characters a bone with the LAST EVOLUTION blu-ray addresses that. It's too bad the original voices for the kids won't be back, but on the other hand, we'll get to hear a bit more from their new actors and these roles are overdue for some spotlight. (Excluding the 02 characters from tri. meant they never got character songs with their new actors like the rest of the cast did, which I'm still a little sour about.)

Anyway, that new drama CD means I'm importing the deluxe version, no doubt. Fingers crossed an extremely passionate fan will get around to translating the audio commentary someday. Chika Sakamoto's been with the franchise since the original pilot film; I'm sure an extended conversation with her would be filled with awesome tidbits.

Ferbs

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, we don't have a date for the English version, and the Japanese version is set to September 2nd. Is there any other way to watch this movie before that?

Last edited:

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A small part of me wonders if this was part of the holdup for the English version, it was really pretty bizzare that we were getting it before Japan even had an announcement. Gotta say I'm a little jealous of the Japanese release, I love the new art theyve included.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I beleive the original plans is to release the english bd before the Japanese bd but due to covid-19. Those plans got changed

I am just guessing though

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I'd love to see what happens in the 02 audio drama. Probably nothing earth-shattering but it'd be nice to know more about what they're up to.

And as for the picture... I can't help but notice the way they had certain people sitting next to each other. Ken and Miyako, Yamato and Sora are both obviously endgame. But it looks like they're teasing fans again by having Hikari in between Daisuke and Takeru, plus Mimi sitting with Koushirou.
I don't really think it's teasing the triangle. Mainly cause Takeru and Hikari are having the cute moment and Daisuke is the one trying to get in between them. It's not really a triangle cause Hikari really doesn't give Daisuke the time of day. Never has. Not even in the picture, she's looking at Takeru.

Takari and Koumi are both in the middle while Daisuke is paired up with the other 02 kids.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really think it's teasing the triangle. Mainly cause Takeru and Hikari are having the cute moment and Daisuke is the one trying to get in between them. It's not really a triangle cause Hikari really doesn't give Daisuke the time of day. Never has. Not even in the picture, she's looking at Takeru.

Takari and Koumi are both in the middle while Daisuke is paired up with the other 02 kids.

Although it is true that Daisuke is paired up with the 02 kids, the image is still teasing the triangle because Daisuke is angry with Takeru while Hikari is in the middle.

That is a tease for the triangle. It doesn't matter if there are romantic feelings there or not.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a cute nice picture either way. But yay. Another audio drama. Those are usually something.