MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit of sad news today...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Joseph Pilato, the original English voice of MetalGreymon, passed away yesterday, roughly a week after his 70th birthday.

Pilato voiced MetalGreymon in the characters appearances in Digimon Season 1, Season 2, and the Movie.

Pilato was best known for his performance as Captain Rhodes in the movie Day of the Dead, but made appearances in a number of films including, but not limited to- Dawn of the Dead, Wishmaster, and Pulp Fiction.

Pilato's friend Marty Schiff, who was the source of the news, said that Pilato died silently in his sleep.

Thanks to Bloody Disgusting for the heads up.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't realize the actors for Greymon and MetalGreymon were different. He has quite the interesting list of appearances to his name as well. His voice for MetalGreymon was great, I hope he rests well.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aww, that's a shame. I didn't realize there was actually a different voice actor during the series, but I always recall the line reading being a really interesting take on it, so I guess that was him.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
His portrayal of Metal Greymon was always one of my favorites. Hope he rests in peace, sad news of his passing.

Kitsunes97

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
His role as MetalGreymon will be not forgotten for all Digimon Fans and me since our childhood always.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw man, this is sad. I remember his voice from Digimon the Movie, and now it'll never be the same for me ever again.