Jeff Nimoy- Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

[quote author=Xuchilibari link=topic=1647.msg27604#msg27604 date=1167415935]
Thank you for spending some time on us... and well, before you fully go.... I have a last question to ask you.

In anime called "Gungrave"(Made by the same people who did Trigun.) There's a character in it named Bunji, who is supposedly based off of Wolfwood.  If the people who dubbed it asked you to do Bunji's voice, would you go for it?

[/quote]

I still LOVE to act, but I'm too busy to look for acting work. But if a character comes along in something I'm directing that I think I would be right for, I'll play it. Or if a friend asks me to be in something they're directing, I always try to find the time to do it. But most shows want actors to audition, and I don't have the time for that anymore, since I'm a full time director/writer. But, if any company wants to cast me based on other roles I played, without an audition, I would love to do it. But I can't ever remember that happening to me, so if that happened, it would be the first time.

Silasmon X

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Where might I find the link to the Chris Freely interview, Nimoy-Sama?

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hey, Jeff... I don't know if this question was asked before or not...

Do you get the chance to see the original Japanese version of the episode before dubbing it?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg27802#msg27802 date=1167498328]
Hey, Jeff... I don't know if this question was asked before or not...

Do you get the chance to see the original Japanese version of the episode before dubbing it?
[/quote]

Well, if I write it, I get to see it, along with a translation. Some directors like to see the original before they dub it, but I usually don't.

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Did your voice hurt when Tentomon Digivolved into Kabuterimon/MegaKabuterimon?

Oh yes... who thought up the word... Digivolution?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg27807#msg27807 date=1167499584]
Did your voice hurt when Tentomon Digivolved into Kabuterimon/MegaKabuterimon?

Oh yes... who thought up the word... Digivolution?
[/quote]

I can't remember at this point who came up with what, we just threw a Digi- in front of everything.

It didn't hurt unless I had to sustain the voices for a lot of dialogue. Thank goodness MegaKabuterimon didn't say much!

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Digi-World, Digi-Rap, Digivolve, Digi-Dollars, Digi-Egg... There's a lot, huh?

I agree... although, it was a shame that he didn't featured a lot in the 2nd season... just two episodes and no Digivolve sequence... same goes for Garudamon...

When you first saw Garudamon, do you think it was either a she or a he? Well, she because Biyomon was female, but Garudamon looked male... Digivolution really doesn't make any sense... look at Shakkoumon.. (Angemon + Ankylomon)

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg27815#msg27815 date=1167500796]

I agree... although, it was a shame that he didn't featured a lot in the 2nd season... just two episodes and no Digivolve sequence... same goes for Garudamon...

When you first saw Garudamon, do you think it was either a she or a he? Well, she because Biyomon was female, but Garudamon looked male... Digivolution really doesn't make any sense... look at Shakkoumon.. (Angemon + Ankylomon)
[/quote]

We actually recorded three episodes with Gatomon as a boy, until we saw in the translation that Veemon had a crush on "HER!" We had to recast a woman in the part and rewrite all the male references.

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ah... that explains the strange new name for Gatomon... You were pretty quick with the new woman cast-in, huh? I'll bet you were pretty glad that mistake was fixed before you found out that Gatomon Digivolved into Angewomon... ;)

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg27817#msg27817 date=1167501195]
Ah... that explains the strange new name for Gatomon... You were pretty quick with the new woman cast-in, huh? I'll bet you were pretty glad that mistake was fixed before you found out that Gatomon Digivolved into Angewomon...  ;)
[/quote]

I was just glad it got fixed before it went on the air!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg27816#msg27816 date=1167501033]

[/quote]

We actually recorded three episodes with Gatomon as a boy, until we saw in the translation that Veemon had a crush on "HER!" We had to recast a woman in the part and rewrite all the male references.
[/quote]

hmm...that actually confuses the hell outta me, gatomon was in the first season for 30 or so episodes, far far before veemon ever showed up, where she was clearly shown to be a female before veemon ever appeared

was there confusion on if it was the same character in season 2?

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah, that too... Very glad, it'll be a very weird experience...

Out of all the episodes of the two series, which scene was your favourite one? It could be either emotional or a comical scene... though, the Mimi/Yolei scene in the picnic episode freaks me out...

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=1647.msg27820#msg27820 date=1167501378]
[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg27816#msg27816 date=1167501033]

[/quote]

We actually recorded three episodes with Gatomon as a boy, until we saw in the translation that Veemon had a crush on "HER!"  We had to recast a woman in the part and rewrite all the male references.
[/quote]

hmm...that actually confuses the hell outta me, gatomon was in the first season for 30 or so episodes, far far before veemon ever showed up, where she was clearly shown to be a female before veemon ever appeared

was there confusion on if it was the same character in season 2?
[/quote]

I think I'm the one who is confused. I misspoke when I said Veemon, I forget who had the crush on Gatomon that made us aware we had the wrong gender. Veemon DID have a crush on her though.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg27824#msg27824 date=1167501582]

I think I'm the one who is confused. I misspoke when I said Veemon, I forget who had the crush on Gatomon that made us aware we had the wrong gender. Veemon DID have a crush on her though.
[/quote]

ah ok, thats what i thought

probably wizardmon if im remembering the show right

do love the veemon crush, lended itself to comedy very well, thanks for clearing up the confusion about the gatomon thing

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

So, you had time to change Gatomon's voice, but not the name? I think Gato is Spanish for a male cat, right? What's Spanish for a female cat? Gatamon?

I'm gonna hide myself under Shellmon's shell now...

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg27822#msg27822 date=1167501485]
Yeah, that too... Very glad, it'll be a very weird experience...

Out of all the episodes of the two series, which scene was your favourite one? It could be either emotional or a comical scene... though, the Mimi/Yolei scene in the picnic episode freaks me out...

[/quote]

I loved all the banter between Tai and Izzy in the movie.  Especially when Izzy runs to the bathroom because of Tai's mom's "cooking."  As for the series, my LEAST favorite was Matt and Gabumon in the cave for what seemed like an eternity.  My favorite was probably when Etamon was flying like Tarzan, and paused his yell when he was off the screen.  That still cracks me up.

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg27826#msg27826 date=1167501809]
So, you had time to change Gatomon's voice, but not the name? I think Gato is Spanish for a male cat, right? What's Spanish for a female cat? Gatamon?

I'm gonna hide myself under Shellmon's shell now...
[/quote]

No, we were never gonna change the name. Gato is cat in Spanish, regardless of the sex.

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg27827#msg27827 date=1167501816]

I loved all the banter between Tai and Izzy in the movie.  Especially when Izzy runs to the bathroom because of Tai's mom's "cooking."  As for the series, my LEAST favorite was Matt and Gabumon in the cave for what seemed like an eternity.  My favorite was probably when Etamon was flying like Tarzan, and paused his yell when he was off the screen.  That still cracks me up.
[/quote]

Yeah... all that banter between Tai and Izzy is crazy... especially as Tai was holding an egg and looked confused when Izzy said that the egg has hatched...

Thanks... need to work on the Spanish a bit... heh. Where there any name changes that you wished you kept the same?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg27830#msg27830 date=1167502112]
[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg27827#msg27827 date=1167501816]

[/quote]

Yeah... all that banter between Tai and Izzy is crazy... especially as Tai was holding an egg and looked confused when Izzy said that the egg has hatched...

Thanks... need to work on the Spanish a bit... heh. Where there any name changes that you wished you kept the same?
[/quote]

I don't remember any if there were.