Jeff Nimoy- Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

I feel for you, sir. Konjiki no Gashbell is a one of a kind series. No man should have to write it alone... that's just torturous.

CyberDramon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg26675#msg26675 date=1167082540]
[quote author=lost in thought link=topic=1647.msg26674#msg26674 date=1167081851] I figured that was the case. You'd have to be Superman or something to write every episode, alone, throughout an entire series-- even if it was say, a sparse 26 episodes.[/quote]

Actually I'm writing every episode of Zatch Bell this season (52 episodes). It does tend to lead to burnout, so I'm ready for a new series once this season of Zatch is over.
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, when would you be writing the 52nd episode, and is there another season after that? (don't follow the series, but just thought it might be interesting to know). Also, approximately how long does it take to write an episode? I know it probably varies with each series and how much the episode strays from the original, but just on average...

O, and Merry Christmas. :] *hands you a box of cookies*

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=CyberDramon link=topic=1647.msg26685#msg26685 date=1167086585]
Just out of curiosity, when would you be writing the 52nd episode, and is there another season after that? (don't follow the series, but just thought it might be interesting to know). Also, approximately how long does it take to write an episode? I know it probably varies with each series and how much the episode strays from the original, but just on average...
[/quote]

This is the second season of Zatch Bell (with each season consisting of 52 episodes). I'm currently writing episode 95, and I'll have 97 finished before January 2. I'm a rather fast writer, so it only takes me about 16 hours to write an episode, but normally it takes someone about a week to write one episode of any anime. After episode 104, there might be another season, but I'll probably leave the show, so if they produce it, someone else will write and direct. I prefer to write any show I'm directing, because I don't have to review the episode first when I'm ready to record.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I now have a bit more reasonable questions to ask you, if you would be so inclined to answer them. (If you answered such questions before, I apologize in advance for wasting your time. I couldn't find anything similar to this on the McFeely interview.)

The first: Was there ever a show you were writing for that at one point or another, you got so tired out by it you just hated every minute spent on it, and by extension just made you feel horrible trying to? (i.e. a bad case of writers block, or that you actually disliked the show itself.)

The second: Some of the members and I had been discussing job related horror stories recently (retail is the king of horror,) so this sticks in my mind and begs the question to you: do you have any work-related horror stories from your time in the business that you would be inclined to share with the community?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=lost in thought link=topic=1647.msg26697#msg26697 date=1167093708]
I now have a bit more reasonable questions to ask you, if you would be so inclined to answer them. (If you answered such questions before, I apologize in advance for wasting your time. I couldn't find anything similar to this on the McFeely interview.)

The first: Was there ever a show you were writing for that at one point or another, you got so tired out by it you just hated every minute spent on it, and by extension just made you feel horrible trying to? (i.e. a bad case of writers block, or that you actually disliked the show itself.)

The second: Some of the members and I had been discussing job related horror stories recently (retail is the king of horror,) so this sticks in my mind and begs the question to you: do you have any work-related horror stories from your time in the business that you would be inclined to share with the community?
[/quote]

The First: Yes, more than once, but it wouldn't be professional for me to say which shows.

The Second: Oh boy, do I have horror stories, but again, it wouldn't be professional for me to say, because I still work with a lot of these people every day.

Great questions, but sorry I can't answer them.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It's totally okay, I understand your feelings. If you ever come to the point where you would feel you could tell such stories, I hope you'll choose WtW to share them on. :)

In the mean-time, any stories at all you'd like to share [the kind of stuff that wouldn't detract from your professionalism, like fun yarns]?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=lost in thought link=topic=1647.msg26704#msg26704 date=1167098383]
It's totally okay, I understand your feelings. If you ever come to the point where you would feel you could tell such stories, I hope you'll choose WtW to share them on. :)

In the mean-time, any stories at all you'd like to share [the kind of stuff that wouldn't detract from your professionalism, like fun yarns]?
[/quote]

Check out YouTube, and search "Jeff Nimoy" to find plenty of stories.

CyberDramon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Here's a good question: If you had the opportunity to write and direct any story you wanted, what would it be about? (one you'd like to do the most)

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=CyberDramon link=topic=1647.msg26707#msg26707 date=1167099879]
Here's a good question: If you had the opportunity to write and direct any story you wanted, what would it be about? (one you'd like to do the most)
[/quote]

I have several of my own original screenplays and teleplays that I'm looking to direct very soon, but I can't really give any details.

Nyokomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Are you ever gonna work on the Naruto movie?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Nyokomon link=topic=1647.msg26806#msg26806 date=1167161169]
Are you ever gonna work on the Naruto movie?
[/quote]

I doubt it, but you never know. I'm pretty sure I'm done with Naruto, although I've been offered a day here or there to fill in on the directing when the other directors have a conflict. So if they ask me to be a part of the movie team, I would be happy to write or direct, or whatever they wanted me to do. But if not, there are plenty of talented people working on the show right now that would do a great job.

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hello, Jeff. Another UK fan here.

When Digmon first appeared, he always said... Digmon, the Drill of Power. During the final Digimon Emperor episode, he changed it to Digmon, the Drill of Knowledge. Any reason why he called it Power in the first place. I do admit I laughed at that quick line Digmon added after announcing his new Tagline.

And if Savers do get dubbed by you, good luck with all the major edits with the punch-ups, nutity and... large... erm.... seen what anime Rosemon is like? :-[

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Ninetalesuk link=topic=1647.msg26897#msg26897 date=1167189184]
Hello, Jeff. Another UK fan here.

When Digmon first appeared, he always said... Digmon, the Drill of Power. During the final Digimon Emperor episode, he changed it to Digmon, the Drill of Knowledge. Any reason why he called it Power in the first place. I do admit I laughed at that quick line Digmon added after announcing his new Tagline.

And if Savers do get dubbed by you, good luck with all the major edits with the punch-ups, nutity and... large... erm.... seen what anime Rosemon is like?  :-[
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't remember much about Digmon except that he was played by the same actor who played Agumon, my good buddy Tom Fahn.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah I know Savers questions should largely be a no no...especially from me since i know better, but I gotta ask

Agumon being a main character in Savers, but a very different type of character then Fahns Agumon from 01/02, do you think you would cast Fahn simply to have the same voice? Or do you think you would check about the character and go with someone else?

Anytime i think about potential dub voices i keep thinking Fahn would somehow be wrong for Savers Agumon....but i really like Fahn's Agumon and wanna hear him be it in Savers.
(this is all theoretically, regardless of if you end up working on Savers or not)

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If you could change 1 Digimon Character in Adventure 01 (whether it be the name, their persona or an entirely new person all together) who would you change and why?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=1647.msg26996#msg26996 date=1167210320]
Agumon being a main character in Savers, but a very different type of character then Fahns Agumon from 01/02, do you think you would cast Fahn simply to have the same voice? Or do you think you would check about the character and go with someone else?
[/quote]

I would have to check out the character first.

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=1647.msg26997#msg26997 date=1167210525]
If you could change 1 Digimon Character in Adventure 01 (whether it be the name, their persona or an entirely new person all together) who would you change and why?
[/quote]

I would make Matt less of an indecisive guy. That one episode when he's in the cave freaking out for the whole half hour. Gag me. I was searching for things to say. I think that's where Bob's infamous line for Gabumon came up. "Gabumon, can I confess something to you?" "You're not a real blonde?" The actors read that one and realized there were new writers in town.

veemon-tamer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hello mr. Nimoy i have a question. I notice that in the naruto anime they got to keep the original japanese music intact. basicly the only thing that changed was the language. I dont really like naruto but i do admire it for staying pretty true to the original other than "Believe it 24/7" but it's all good.
Now, IF you were to actually work on savers would you consiter keeping the original music from the japanese version? And just a thought since you seem to be pretty talented with your writing you could even try to write an english version to Gou'ing!Going!My Soul!!(saver 1st opening). That would be pretty neat and would be challenging on your part.
Actually my main question is since you like writing have you ever tryed writing songs before? if not would you try for future releases (not just digimon)? just asking because i was told if you have a talent you should explore ALL aspects of it. my grandma always tells me to draw other things besides digimon :-\
[just a question even if you end up working on Savers or not]

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't know if I should ask this question because it's difficult. Why?

Jeff, how did you took the news when Bob Papenbrook sadly passed way in March...? It was a shame to hear him go...