Jeff Nimoy- Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Information, Post Your Questions, and Answers

[quote author=Chronarch link=topic=1647.msg26485#msg26485 date=1166951487]
Mr. Nimoy. Jeff. At the point where Agumon and Gabumon became War Greymon and Metal Garurumon, did you know that the others wern't going to obtain Mega Level, or were you as suprised as the rest of us when the series ended?

In addition, why do you think that they (Toei/Bandai), chose not to let them reach it? I really would have loved to hear "Hercules Kabuterimon!", if even for only the last episode.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Your answers to these questions are much abliged, even if they aren't to my own.
[/quote]

I'm sorry to say that when we're working on these adaptations, we're really not into like the fans are. We just try to make what we're given as entertaining as possible, and we don't worry about what didn't happen. Sorry, those are questions for the Japanese creators of the series.

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=digiboy123 link=topic=1647.msg26489#msg26489 date=1166960757]
Hello Jeff.

If you recall, Digimon season 1 had a DVD released that had the first 13 episodes. Do you know why they didn't continue releasing the series, or why the other seasons didn't get out on DVD/VHS fully either? It's a shame that Digimon is one of the few anime series that never was fully released to the fandom.

Thanks!
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I've seen VHS's with my name on it, which means it went past episode 13 (since I joined around episode 14). And I know I've seen other writers' names that I've hired on VHS's too, which means there are second season available. Maybe you haven't looked around hard enough, but I think they're out there somewhere.

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Guilmon470 link=topic=1647.msg26510#msg26510 date=1166976384]
Ok another question, Jeff.(no screaming today XD) When you just began the Digimon Adventure series, did you ever imagine it'd go this far and have this many fans? Did you ever imagine that one day you'd be answering fan questions on a message board? Did you ever think you'd be this into it and it still be a popular choice years after?
[/quote]

No, I had no idea, but it was a pleasant surprise. And then when I left the show, I never thought it would still be popular today. As far as the fans go, I don't know how all the Nimoy bashing started (or why it continues in small pockets), but I figured I would just reach out and answer any questions they had to clear up any misunderstandings. I'm a firm believer in communication. And it's been one of the best experiences of my life. Everyone who meets me at cons, or talks to me online, can see for themselves I'm not the devil they make me out to be. I can't satisfy everyone, but hey, that's show biz! Anyway, I'm glad to see that whatever impact I had on Digimon entertained lots of people while it ran for the first time, and continues to entertain new fans everyday in reruns. Thanks for the question.

Xuchilibari

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Alright Jeff, just putting this question out for my older brother.... but what did it feel like voicing one of the most popular characters in Trigun?

And for my question of the Day, which Anime(And I mean any, even the ones that were already dubbed.) do you wish you could have worked on?

CyberDramon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Not realy a question, but I thought this would be appropriate~

Agumon: Tell me a Christmas bed-time story, wouldya, Tai?

Kari: I know one~

It was a Digimon Christmas and everyone was busy,
Especially the likes of Tentomon and Izzy.
Joe played with Gomamon; Matt and Gabumon ate.
Palmon saw Mimi; isn't that great!
Cody and Upamon shared a little Sushi,
While Pururumon sat on Yolei's tushie!
Tokomon went carolling; Kens thankful for friends,
While in Davis's dreams the fun never ends!

Goodnight now. Merry Christmas. :]

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Xuchilibari link=topic=1647.msg26568#msg26568 date=1166990370]
Alright Jeff, just putting this question out for my older brother.... but what did it feel like voicing one of the most popular characters in Trigun? 

And for my question of the Day, which Anime(And I mean any, even the ones that were already dubbed.) do you wish you could have worked on?
[/quote]

Wolfwood was my favorite because it was the only time I got to use my real voice. And it was a great character. A chain smoking, heavy drinking, womanizing priest! Type casting.

I guess I would've loved to have worked on the original Speed Racer, just to say I did. But I was 4 years old, so that wouldn't have worked out.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg26518#msg26518 date=1166979720]
I'm pretty sure I've seen VHS's with my name on it, which means it went past episode 13 (since I joined around episode 14). And I know I've seen other writers' names that I've hired on VHS's too, which means there are second season available. Maybe you haven't looked around hard enough, but I think they're out there somewhere.
[/quote]
Yes, I know there are some VHS tapes out of seasons 1, 2 and 3. But what I'm asking is why do you think the entire season(seasons) weren't put out? There are bits and pieces out there. Like every 3 or 4 episodes, then it skips a few episodes and another few are released. Any idea why it was like that, and not a full series release?

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=digiboy123 link=topic=1647.msg26598#msg26598 date=1167012335]
Yes, I know there are some VHS tapes out of seasons 1, 2 and 3. But what I'm asking is why do you think the entire season(seasons) weren't put out? There are bits and pieces out there. Like every 3 or 4 episodes, then it skips a few episodes and another few are released. Any idea why it was like that, and not a full series release?
[/quote]

Sorry, no, I have no idea.

Xuchilibari

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg26593#msg26593 date=1167009312]
[quote author=Xuchilibari link=topic=1647.msg26568#msg26568 date=1166990370]

[/quote]

Wolfwood was my favorite because it was the only time I got to use my real voice.  And it was a great character.  A chain smoking, heavy drinking, womanizing priest!  Type casting.

I guess I would've loved to have worked on the original Speed Racer, just to say I did.  But I was 4 years old, so that wouldn't have worked out.
[/quote] If there was a priest like that... I'd go to church everyday.

Well, Happy Christmas Jeff.

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=CyberDramon link=topic=1647.msg26608#msg26608 date=1167016553]
What do you want for Christmas? ;]
[/quote]

Stay tuned. ;]

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

ah...delayed xmas trip due to sickness, yay me

heres one i actually wanted to ask before but i forgot

you mentioned that when joshua seth was unavailable for the 2nd 02 movie (Revenge of Diaboromon) you used jason spisak because you thought they sounded similiar. were you aware at the time that a few years earlier in a transformers series saban dubbed for fox kids (might have started dubbing right before or right after you left come to think about it) jason spisak and joshua seth played characters who were almost carbon copies of eachother and that it was a plot point in an episode that they looked and sounded the same?

and that is hopefully my only ultra obscure super fanboy question i ask

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=1647.msg26624#msg26624 date=1167030852]
ah...delayed xmas trip due to sickness, yay me

heres one i actually wanted to ask before but i forgot

you mentioned that when joshua seth was unavailable for the 2nd 02 movie (Revenge of Diaboromon) you used jason spisak because you thought they sounded similiar.  were you aware at the time that a few years earlier in a transformers series saban dubbed for fox kids (might have started dubbing right before or right after you left come to think about it) jason spisak and joshua seth played characters who were almost carbon copies of eachother and that it was a plot point in an episode that they looked and sounded the same?

and that is hopefully my only ultra obscure super fanboy question i ask
[/quote]

Nope, I never knew. I only knew what I heard.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

So, it came to my attention that you're responsible for the writing behind Bobobo-bo (or something to that effect.) Before I move onto my question, I would like to say something about the series. Your writing is good, it does well to boost my ego just a bit, when I am feeling particularly ignorant. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing, though.

As for my question:
It's generally understood that Bobobo-bo (blah,) is wacky on either side of the pond, but I find the dub moreso as a result of the writing [not to mention more enjoyable.] This begs the question, what sort of alcohol were you drinking when you wrote that wacked out mess of a show? Seriously, all that wacky good time absurdity... I'd like to buy whatever you were drinking for purposes of my own benefit.

Gotta get good and torn up for the wonderful forum-ites here at WtW afterall. (Yes, this means I am going to get drunk and make an ass out of myself on a forum that I maintaine. Routinely. Good times.)

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=1647.msg26630#msg26630 date=1167036822]
Hi Jeff

Do you know why the 4-7th movies didn't come to the UK? (we miss out on a lot here)
[/quote]

we also missed out on the fourth season and I have yet to even look at the dub =(

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=lost in thought link=topic=1647.msg26628#msg26628 date=1167033380]
So, it came to my attention that you're responsible for the writing behind Bobobo-bo (or something to that effect.) Before I move onto my question, I would like to say something about the series. Your writing is good, it does well to boost my ego just a bit, when I am feeling particularly ignorant. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing, though.

As for my question:
It's generally understood that Bobobo-bo (blah,) is wacky on either side of the pond, but I find the dub moreso as a result of the writing [not to mention more enjoyable.] This begs the question, what sort of alcohol were you drinking when you wrote that wacked out mess of a show? Seriously, all that wacky good time absurdity... I'd like to buy whatever you were drinking for purposes of my own benefit.

Gotta get good and torn up for the wonderful forum-ites here at WtW afterall. (Yes, this means I am going to get drunk and make an ass out of myself on a forum that I maintaine. Routinely. Good times.)
[/quote]

First of all I want to make sure you know I didn't write every Bobo-bo. I was one of four or five writers, so they get credit for your kudos as well. Now, I can't speak for the other writers, or the original Japanese writers, but as for me, there was never enough alcohol in the world to write an episode of Bobo-bo. I'm not going to say alcohol helped the writing process... but it didn't hurt! Actually I'm kidding, it would be impossible to write a post card while drunk, let alone an episode of a show, any show. But it did seem like that when looking back on some of those story lines.

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=1647.msg26630#msg26630 date=1167036822]
Hi Jeff

Do you know why the 4-7th movies didn't come to the UK? (we miss out on a lot here)
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't know why.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jeff Nimoy link=topic=1647.msg26655#msg26655 date=1167063386]
First of all I want to make sure you know I didn't write every Bobo-bo. I was one of four or five writers, so they get credit for your kudos as well. Now, I can't speak for the other writers, or the original Japanese writers, but as for me, there was never enough alcohol in the world to write an episode of Bobo-bo. I'm not going to say alcohol helped the writing process... but it didn't hurt! Actually I'm kidding, it would be impossible to write a post card while drunk, let alone an episode of a show, any show. But it did seem like that when looking back on some of those story lines.
[/quote]
I figured that was the case. You'd have to be Superman or something to write every episode, alone, throughout an entire series-- even if it was say, a sparse 26 episodes. Atleast without burning out, or becoming an alcoholic. But yeah, my question was completely geared toward how you were writing it, as opposed to anyone else who wrote for the series.

I can't fathom the depths to which this means... writing Bobobo sober. Damn, that's amazing. I am seriously awed by the revelation. Inspirational.

Now if only I could up the quality of my work when I am sober to the level I get to when I am nursing a good buzz... shit would really get done around here then!

Jeff Nimoy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=lost in thought link=topic=1647.msg26674#msg26674 date=1167081851] I figured that was the case. You'd have to be Superman or something to write every episode, alone, throughout an entire series-- even if it was say, a sparse 26 episodes.[/quote]

Actually I'm writing every episode of Zatch Bell this season (52 episodes). It does tend to lead to burnout, so I'm ready for a new series once this season of Zatch is over.