Jeff Nimoy & Anna Garduno Back for Kizuna, Nimoy Also Writing

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Another duo back for Kizuna! Jeff Nimoy has confirmed he's voicing Tentomon, Kabuterimon, and Young Gennai in the Kizuna dub.

In addition, while he's not directing the dub, he did do the script adaption. He did the script adaption for much of the first 2 years of the anime, along with Data Squad, so it'll be nice to have him back for Kizuna since he arguably knows these characters in English better than anyone else.

In addition to Nimoy...

Laura Summer has posted her being Patamon in a few places, including her Facebook, and Anna Garduno, the voice of Palmon popped up. While not quite her saying she is Palmon in the movie, the positive post certainly feels like a 'soft' confirmation that she is back as Palmon.

With multiple people announcing stuff any NDA likely has ended, so hopefully we continue to find out cast members quickly.

Prior details for the US home video release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna can be found here.

Update- Pre-orders are open at Amazon: (affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD

Also off topic, but a bit Digimon-adjacent. Jeff Nimoy's movie Fame-ish is out next month. It's about a fictionalized version of Jeff Nimoy (as played... written... directed... by Jeff Nimoy) who goes to an anime convention for the first time in a number of years. A few different Digimon actors show up in it (Lex Lang threatens to kill him in the trailer) and if you peek at the trailer there actually is a bit of Digimon dialogue from someone familiar.

The trailer is up on the website and I'm sure Jeff would appreciate any Digimon fans taking a peek to see if it's something that might interest them.

Thanks to Steven Wade for the heads up on Anna Garduno's post.

Attachments

Last edited:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I wasn't expecting that.
It's cool that he got to write again, especially seeing as this could be the last entry in the original timeline.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anna Garduno is just such...a fantastic Palmon!

Nimoy must psyched to get back on the writing!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to see he's back as a voice actor. Hope he doesn't change the script too much from the original.

Last edited:

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay, Nimoy and Garduno! And I squee'd when I heard Brian Donovan as Davis in Nimoy's new film. I can't imagine him not coming back for Kizuna.

I sure hope the internet doesn't start losing faith in Kizuna after hearing that Nimoy is writing the dub script. I'm sure it'll be fine, but we all know how the internet has been toward him over the years...

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Nimoy's growl when "Dark Gennai" disguised as Digimon Kaiser Ken punches Sora with Meicoomon in the English dub of Digimon Adventure tri.: Loss.

Greymon1958

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to see he's back as a voice actor. Hope he doesn't change the script too much from the original.
I'm sure that Jeff adapted the script in similar fashion as the tri dub's script. Almost similar to what he did for Data Squad because Toei Animation demanded it to be faitfhfuy adapted to the Japanese script.

Kureisan28

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay, Nimoy and Garduno! And I squee'd when I heard Brian Donovan as Davis in Nimoy's new film. I can't imagine him not coming back for Kizuna.

I sure hope the internet doesn't start losing faith in Kizuna after hearing that Nimoy is writing the dub script. I'm sure it'll be fine, but we all know how the internet has been toward him over the years...

Nimoy back writing the script doesn’t worry me that much because I assume he’s approaching it the same way he did with Data Squad and Revenge of Diaboromon, a balanced tone in comedy and drama while remaining faithful to the source material.

Plus, he didn’t have to resort to execs demands (like those from Saban and Fox Kids) to change the tone drastically to make it more funny to keep viewers engaged, as he has creative freedom to adapt them the way he wants to faithfully.

I think he did some adapted scripts for Ultraman on Netflix, so he has some juice to still be able to tackle the film.

That being said, I’ll reserve my thoughts until it‘s released. Given tri did remain faithful with slight differences and dub callbacks, Kizuna will follow suit.

Last edited:

Greymon1958

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Nimoy back writing the script doesn’t worry me that much because I assume he’s approaching it the same way he did with Data Squad and Revenge of Diaboromon, a balanced tone in comedy and drama while remaining faithful to the source material.

Plus, he didn’t have to resort to execs demands (like those from Saban and Fox Kids) to change the tone drastically to make it more funny to keep viewers engaged, as he has creative freedom to adapt them the way he wants to faithfully.

I think he did some adapted scripts for Ultraman on Netflix, so he has some juice to still be able to tackle the film.

That being said, I’ll reserve my thoughts until it‘s released. Given tri did remain faithful with slight differences and dub callbacks, Kizuna will follow suit.
Exactly!

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Barring some obvious mistakes I loved the dub script for Tri, but how fitting for this part of the franchise to end (presumably) with Nimoy writing the script. It will be interesting to see his take on an uncut Digimon. On top of that, glad to see Anna Garduno is likely back, she has a unique voice that would be hard to replace.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On top of that, glad to see Anna Garduno is likely back, she has a unique voice that would be hard to replace.
I hear that. She voiced Keira in the first two Jaks too and the character was never quite the same after she was recast 😔