Japanese Hacker's Memory Cover Art, Cast, Pre-Order Bonus DLC, & Limited Edition Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Japanese Hacker's Memory Cover Art, Cast, Pre-Order Bonus DLC, & Limited Edition Info

Time for some more Hacker's Memory Info!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The cover for the game is a fantastic new piece of art featuring the cast from the game.

On top of that, we have info about what various DLC and bonus items will be included with different versions...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, the early purchase bonus items, with the codes presented on a physical Hudie membership card:
1- Sistermon Noir and Sistermon Blanc, who will both have access to their Awakened Mode.
2- A 'dress uniform' costume for your character (for both Hacker's Memory and the original Cyber Sleuth, which is included.)
3- NXStyle Edge Omegamon (they refer to him as 'Omegamon NX')

Then we have the special release of the game...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory Limited Edition "Digimon 20th Anniversary Box" will come with a number of extras...

1- It appears the version of the game included in the box is the "TV Animation Sound Edition Version" and includes a dozen songs from Digimon anime integrated into the game.
2- A Digimon Story Art Book
3- Hacker's Memory Soundtrack CD
4- A physical business card for the Kuremi Detective Agency that includes DLC codes for Alphamon NX and Dukemon NX (the NX moniker appears to be used as shorthand for NXEdge style Digimon.)
5- A 20th Anniversary Box

Last up is store exclusive DLC. These should be available with the LEs also, but check stores before you import:
Amazon- T-Shirt Costume for Main Character
Geo- Duftmon NX
Tsutaya- LordKnightmon NX
Lalabit- An in-game item set.

Update- Added images of Duftmon and LordKnight NX just above.

Hacker's Memory is scheduled for release on December 14th. The normal version will be 6,800 yen on PS4 while the Vita version will cost 5,700. The LEs will cost 10,300 yen for the Playstation 4 and 9,200 yen for the Vita.

If you want to import the games a few shops have them listed for pre-order with shipping outside of Japan:

CDJapan (Affiliate Links)
PS4
PS4 Limited Edition
Vita
Vita Limited Edition

Amazon Japan: (Amazon does list the Limited Editions as coming with their early order bonus, the normal version has both versions with and without the Amazon bonus items, links are included for both.)
PS4, Amazon, Limited Edition
Vita, Amazon, Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for an early 2018 release in the US and the rest of the world.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Update- They've confirmed the Digimon Game Community site has been delayed due to technical reasons, no update on when it might open.

But to finish on a positive, we have some cast info for the new characters!

Keisuke Amazawa will be voiced by Ryota Asari, who has been in quite a bit, but is rarely the lead. This may be a purposeful choice based on their comments about Keisuke in the past.

Erika Mishima will be voiced by Yui Ogura. She's had many roles in anime and games, along with singing quite a few opening and ending themes. Some of these roles are: Athena in Campione, Kuroneko's little sister in Oreimo, and Chris in Cross Ange.

Ryuji Mishima will be voiced by Yuichi Nakamura. Nakamura has more roles than could be listed easily, but best known to Digimon fans as Charismon in Appmon! But I'll list the roles I listed when he was announced as Charismon: Shinomiya from Food Wars, Tomoya from Clannad, Gray in Fairy Tail, Karamatsu in Mr. Osomatsu, Mumen Rider in One-Punch Man.

Chitose Imai will be voiced by Yuki Ono. Another actor who just has a ton of roles... including but not limited to: Isami in Food Wars, Shigeshige in Gintama, and Josuke in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Thanks to Sealtest for the heads up on the game being available to pre-order.

Update- Added images of the early purchase DLC thanks to Gematsu's Twitter.

Update- Added more pre-order DLC and clarified some details. Thanks to RPGSite for confirming the new cast members.

Thanks to garm for clarifying some details.

Update- Re-added Amazon links since they've opened up international ordering.

Update- Thanks to saifors for pointing out that Bandai-Namco UK put up the art with the English logo, and due to them making the logo smaller, we can see a bit more.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't wait to find out what that creature in the background of the box art is. Looks almost like an Arkadimon of some kind, with internal tentacles and all that. Looks like it has a cape as well. I'm assuming that's its torso we see, with its head obscured by the title.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't wait to find out what that creature in the background of the box art is. Looks almost like an Arkadimon of some kind, with internal tentacles and all that. Looks like it has a cape as well. I'm assuming that's its torso we see, with its head obscured by the title.
Isn't it Arkadimon Super Ultimate? It has the same arms with the same eyes and decorations, the same antennae and torso structure.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep, that's definitely Arkadimon Super Ultimate! Ahhh, I'm so excited about the Digimon they're adding to the game!!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't it Arkadimon Super Ultimate? It has the same arms with the same eyes and decorations, the same antennae and torso structure.
Yep, that's definitely Arkadimon Super Ultimate! Ahhh, I'm so excited about the Digimon they're adding to the game!!
If that is Arkadimon Super Ultimate than it's been redesigned in a number of ways. Comparing that image to prior art we have of him does have some heavily similarities, but to many differences to say it's him at this point, especially when you consider how generally 'accurate' the current run of character models have been to prior designs.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's what I'm thinking as well, as you said the yellow eyes and black marking on the shoulders are heavily reminiscent of Arkadimon Super Ultimate, and while the 0s and 1s are a common recurring trait in CS it would fit the Arkadimon line since a major ability of theirs is to degrade Digimon and code into its basic data. It'd be a great villain to add to the game due to how the world works in them, and it would give attention to a Digimon line that has been greatly underused since its initial debut in V-Tamer.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really hoping we get the limited edition version with the artbook here. The japanese anime songs would be so much fun to hear too but I don't want to get my hopes up. The DLC is pretty good too, there's notthing too important locked behind a preorder wall. The nx versions in game are kind of silly but fun. I'll be preordering it anyways.

If that is Arkadimon Super Ultimate than it's been redesigned in a number of ways. Comparing that image to prior art we have of him does have some heavily similarities, but to many differences to say it's him at this point, especially when you consider how generally 'accurate' the current run of character models have been to prior designs.
They redid Neo Devimon, Demon and Vdramon to give it a style different from the Vtamer guys art back in the day so I'm 99% sure it's him.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They redid Neo Devimon, Demon and Vdramon to give it a style different from the Vtamer guys art back in the day so I'm 99% sure it's him.
Except the Cyber Sleuth models were not new redesigns done by/for CS. Those were existing designs for the characters, just not identical to V-Tamer (and in the case of a few of your examples, they were shown off outside of the manga at nearly the same time, suggesting they were added to the manga specifically to show off new/upcoming characters.)

That doesn't mean they won't (or haven't) redesigned him of course, but your examples aren't quite the same thing.

I have no issue believing it's reasonably a redesign (afterall, we haven't seen a 'Bandai design' Arkadimon Super Ultimate before, for lack of a better term), but it seems a bit early to say it's him for sure.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Betamon is reallu cute...

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Arkadimon SU, the Sistermons, and SD Omegamon, Alphamon, and Dukemon. Cool stuff.

Hmm...I might put out the cash for the Limited Edition if it comes out here, which would be the first time I've done that for a game.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Give that black haired guy a cap, and he will turn into Atsubro from Devil Survivor.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A redesign/new form of Arkadimon Super Ultimate,(I doubt it's not related to it in some way or another) is a pleasant surprise, likely the final boss, unless they got Milleniumon as well or something like that.
I did not expect to see the Sistermons outside of the card games, it'll be interesting to see them for the first time as something other than a single still screenshot.
More surprising than anything has to be the Omnimon, Aplhamon and Dukemon designs of the NX Edge toyline (wasn't that the style of the Super Robot Wars games?)
Something I notice in the artbook: It says Digimon Story artbook, it doesn't specify that it's Story Cyber Sleuth (which would include Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory).
This is quite curious as it could mean that we may get to see never before seen official/concept art of the entirety of the Story series, including the first Story, Sunburst and Moonlight. As someone who likes to draw fanart this interests me a lot.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking at that eye shoulder pad it definitely Arkadimon but the head look different for some reason...

Maybe, just maybe we actually see Ulforce future mode there?

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That boxart is fantastic! The character designs really pop.

I hope something similar to that LE comes to the west.

Firestorm

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh boy it even comes with an original sound...TRUCK?!
Ah, Engrish, always so amusing.

These limited editions are really nice. If the localised version has a limited edition like this. I'll probably get it.

So the Omegamon (and the Alphamon and Dukemon) mentioned and shown. Does that mean we can have a chibi style version of Omegamon in our team?
I'm assuming they aren't giving us the actual Nexedge figures as bonus items.

The Sistermons are an odd choice for DLC but the more digimon available the better

And that cover artwork is really really nice.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I highly doubt that the monster in the background could be a regular Arkadimon SU. The structure of the torso is very different in general, there seems to be a cape like mass which, together with the 3 stripes pointing towards the middle from the side of his torso kind of gives me an omegamon inspired vibe. Maybe some sort of jogress?

A redesign/new form of Arkadimon Super Ultimate,(I doubt it's not related to it in some way or another) is a pleasant surprise, likely the final boss, unless they got Milleniumon as well or something like that.
I don't think they would put the final boss on the front cover. And considering that there already exists a model for Millenniummon it will almost certainly be used in this game.
Although I don't see what exactly Millenniumon has to do with Arkadimon.

Something I notice in the artbook: It says Digimon Story artbook, it doesn't specify that it's Story Cyber Sleuth (which would include Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory).
This is quite curious as it could mean that we may get to see never before seen official/concept art of the entirety of the Story series, including the first Story, Sunburst and Moonlight. As someone who likes to draw fanart this interests me a lot.
If it's more than just the CS games that would be a good justification for the "20th anniversary" part of the box set, since an anniversary that only focuses on stuff from the last 3 years is a bit weird, if the artbook has stuff from the story games, which go further back, that would be nice. On its own... Cyber sleuth had quite a big batch of promotional artwork, for the humans, the eaters, all the royal knights, and Hacker's memory seems to have about the same yet, even if combined, would that be enough art to fill a whole book?
The book on the image is rather thick, but of course being "sample" render it is not clear if that's actually representative of the final product.
I for one hope that their release the artbook separately at some point, especially since I assume that's what will happen with the soundtrack again (CS also had a preorder soundtrack CD which ended up containing less music than the separate soundtrack release later which had 3 discs). Art from the other games would definitely make the artbook more viable as a standalone product but I also wonder if including material from the Story games that were never released internationally would lower that artbook's chances to make it overseas.
I also remember that with Next 0rder BandaiNamco of europe decided to release stuff like the digimon world soundtrack, originally a preorder bonus for the japanese version, without any limitations attached. If that happens again that would of course be the best case scenario... imagine a nice digital version of the artbook without any "limited edition" shenanigans.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think it looks that different that it couldn't be just an Arkadimon SU..the torso looks well, pretty much the same as the V-Tamer art to me except for the spikes, and I think that could easily be stylisation (since Yabuno's art is very roundy). Also the cape-like thing could be its wings.
I mean I don't think it's impossible for it to be a different form/jogress, but personally it looks too similar to regular Arkadimon SU to be a separate form..you'd think they'd add more differences if it were really a jogress with something else.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I highly doubt that the monster in the background could be a regular Arkadimon SU. The structure of the torso is very different in general, there seems to be a cape like mass which, together with the 3 stripes pointing towards the middle from the side of his torso kind of gives me an omegamon inspired vibe. Maybe some sort of jogress?
I really don't see what's so different about the torso. Those 3 stripes are it's 3 tentacles and what you're calling cape is it's left wing.
As for the rest of the tentacles, they're most likely not visible or blended in due to shading (see it's right arm, there are some kind of pilosities waving about)

EDIT: Welp, Garm beat me to it.