Is this V5 using custom case and button

Sad_Arthur_Morgan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this is one of the standard V5 case color? Its a green body,orange frame and white button. I think plenty of people have this same exact color V5. I bought this from a collector at a good price but he told he is unsure if previous owner modded the device with custom case and button. Its japanese version but the keychain seems to be from US version. I noticed the reset button seems abit off and smaller and doesn't fit well with the case. Is this normal for this version of V5? Does anyone know if this is a custom case or how to determine if its a custom case?

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the only coloration for the Japanese Version 5. The keychain as well is Japanese. The USA keychain is the larger circle split-ring. To be honest, everything looks in immaculate condition. The buttons are also perfect, white, and the reset button is intended to be recessed as it is.

I'd say it's a great purchase.

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ I agree. This looks like a very lucky find! It was definitely well cared for. :)

Sad_Arthur_Morgan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the only coloration for the Japanese Version 5. The keychain as well is Japanese. The USA keychain is the larger circle split-ring. To be honest, everything looks in immaculate condition. The buttons are also perfect, white, and the reset button is intended to be recessed as it is.

I'd say it's a great purchase.
Thanks for the confirmation. I thought Japanese version used the split ring keychain as my japanese v4 originally came with split ring.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There were some V4 and V5 released with Japanese text and the US-style keychain, in China and/or Malaysia.

The European one is a bit different again. Japan/Europe/US shown here: