Is this Pendulum done for

Sad_Arthur_Morgan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought this used v3 pendulum 10 years ago from ebay and i didnt open the device to check when i first got it. Fast forward until now the button is no longer responsive so i have to open up and clean but i dont think the stripped screw can be removed. I need help if anyone has encountered these problems before. Please refer pictures

A: Can I solder back the speaker wire?

B: The head of the screw holding the hammer has been stripped and i tried using nail clipper to grab on to it to twist it but its not working. I guess the previous owner messed up by using the wrong size screwdriver. I didnt know about this when i first bought it from him 10 years ago. Any chance I can remove this stripped screw?

C: Is this where the hammer suppose to stay? I tried comparing with my other pendulum and i think the hammer supposely shouldnt be touching the black pad in neutral position. I think the spring on top has been tampered with and isnt holding the hammer back? I do know this pendulum training mode is abit wonky compared to my other pendulum, might be due to the spring.

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated. Sad to see this pendulum go as it has most of my favorite digimon

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's possible to solder the speaker wires back on, but the speaker side is tricky, because the conductive layer is thin and tends to flake off.

Right, the hammer should be away from the black pad in neutral position.

If you can't get hold of the screw at all, getting it out of plastic would be hard (and if you break the head, the mechanism won't go back together again). It is possible to remove the hammer, and wire an extra switch to the outside - can feed very thin insulated wires out through the battery tab slot.

Sad_Arthur_Morgan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's possible to solder the speaker wires back on, but the speaker side is tricky, because the conductive layer is thin and tends to flake off.

Right, the hammer should be away from the black pad in neutral position.

If you can't get hold of the screw at all, getting it out of plastic would be hard (and if you break the head, the mechanism won't go back together again). It is possible to remove the hammer, and wire an extra switch to the outside - can feed very thin insulated wires out through the battery tab slot.
thanks, i didnt manage to remove the screw. but i clipped off the screw head and now its stuck in the cover forever. but at least i can remove the pcboard but the cover is no longer usable unless i can somehow remove the screw. i have to find a replacement cover as well as a spring for the hammer

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you mean the shaft of the hammer's screw is stuck in the front plastic? So can the device be put back together without the hammer? That would let you see how the buttons are doing, anyway.

Sad_Arthur_Morgan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you mean the shaft of the hammer's screw is stuck in the front plastic? So can the device be put back together without the hammer? That would let you see how the buttons are doing, anyway.
I snapped off the head of the screw holding the hammer to the front cover. I guess its impossible to remove it now. There is nothing left that I can grab on to to try and twist the screw.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK, that's what I thought you meant. And I was saying the device should still work without the hammer.

It might be possible to drill that out, but you'd need some good equipment to hold it super steady, and it would only work if the plastic doesn't bend too much. (The metal is harder than the surrounding plastic, so the drill is really keen to get the plastic instead.)

Another possibility might be to remove that whole post, and attach something else there somehow. A bolt through from the front might work, though it wouldn't look quite right ;)

Last edited:

Sad_Arthur_Morgan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK, that's what I thought you meant. And I was saying the device should still work without the hammer.

It might be possible to drill that out, but you'd need some good equipment to hold it super steady, and it would only work if the plastic doesn't bend too much. (The metal is harder than the surrounding plastic, so the drill is really keen to get the plastic instead.)

Another possibility might be to remove that whole post, and attach something else there somehow. A bolt through from the front might work, though it wouldn't look quite right ;)
Update
Couldnt save the precious gitd cover. I tried drilling into it with a mini drillbit and the cover cracked. its a sad sad day