Is Ogremon X's "WEEK END" a reference to something?

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since it's an attack using an electric guitar, is WEEK END a reference to a rock group or musician or something like that?

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as I know there are no rock, punk or metal with something like weekend in the name, It could be something looser like referring to how people would rock out and party during the weekend? That would be my best guess.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
reminds me of the Goedendag, a medieval club with a spike but it also means "Good Day"

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has no one entertained the idea that belonging to a Japanese franchise the attack might be a reference to a Japanese band?

less than 10 minutes of googling reveals that "WEEK END" (spelled exactly like the attack, in all caps and with an unnecessary space) is a gold certified hit song by X Japan, a very influential Japanese Rock/Metal Band:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i don´t think any of us looked that deeply into it, anyway that´s interesting.
also i dunno if it´s cause it´s from the 90s but that´s pretty tame, not to bad though.

also if you like rock/metal and that kinda stuff then there are a couple good bands and songs from japan actually, i stumbled myself into some niche jmetal cause of a niche game :p

this track in particular is really great

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would fit perfectly. Yes, J-Rock or Metal can be interesting. Like the well known(for a lot of anime fans) Visual Kei bands.