Is it worth playing Digimon Rearise?

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I started it ages go but then stopped and deleted it. I'm wondering if i should take it up again. Anyone still enjoying it?

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it depends if you can pull off current meta digimons like Alphamon, Ulforce etc as those digimons will help you to enjoy the game a lot more. But if you keep pulling and re-rolling and can't get them I do recommend just not play it as this game can get highly addictive as this is a gacha game after all with some nice features.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok thanks i usually have bad luck so I'm sure I wouldn't get an alphamon or a digimon that's worth getting so I might give it a miss. Is the game really not worth it if i dont have a great digimon?

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it is playable but it will be slow progress and pretty much getting thrashed by other gamers in pvp which is the biggest source for digirubies. Even though I did pull Alphamon and most recent summons I still get thrashed around in PVP so I'd give it a miss

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright I'll just give it a miss. I'm just trying to find games to keep me busy until survive is released. Thanks

Torrin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've tried the game recently. It's not very good at all. The worst part of the game so far are the long and constant load times. It seems like 50% of the game just loading screens.

There are many great digimon gamesout there. Have you played most the console games ?

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've tried the game recently. It's not very good at all. The worst part of the game so far are the long and constant load times. It seems like 50% of the game just loading screens.

There are many great digimon gamesout there. Have you played most the console games ?
Yeah I've played most console games. Your right about the loading screens they take like 5 mins. Ridiculous if you ask me they could try to improve the loading times but they won't.

MidnightWolfie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually started to get quite into it recently. I don't know why. I don't plan to spend any money in it, but just having something to click whilst I'm watching something on TV or what ever is soothing. So if you're just searching for something to be idle at, I don't see why shouldn't you play it.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it falls under all of the worst mobile game cookie cut formula tropes but, unlike Linkz, it has no 3D model viewer, even for Digimon you own. I maybe used it for a week before seeing no reason to keep it as this type of thing I would usually want to look at designs and animations in a 3D perspective

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
here are my final thoughts for Rearise (Global version) as I'm about to quit the game for good:

Good stuff: main story (which comes with free rubies), refreshing in-game graphics and cool new skill animations, more routes to get rubies without keep buying its packs

Negative stuff:
Global version is very stingy towards its users compare with Japanese version where its login bonus and other bonus stuff are far more generous like it is more often in Japanese version to see free 200 rubies handed out to all users

I have also noticed a sharp decrease in active users for global version as I started since the very beginning with the evidence for social points quickly filling up like 400 points easily a day. But now it is a lot less. I also think that the abysmal summon rates from the beginning drove a lot of people off (and those summon digimon are mostly average too). Until they introduced Omegamon and bit better summon rates which a lot more people get him (as a game changing digimon) and this got some people to return being active again. But now it seems to stall yet again.

This decrease in active users can mean in battle park (which has been updated so that only active users can be drawn to fight) that it is more likely one average player like myself to face whales who spent lots of money to make their team almost unbeatable. Currently with the personality boost it can get a lot worse because without suitable digimons it is more likely to get butt kicked in battle park which is pretty much the main source of rubies for F2p players. As no one likes keep losing resulting in less weekly rubies plus endless grinding and that I think may be the biggest reason people quit (myself included).

In conclusion, if you are just into digimon and terribly bored then this game may be good for a while until it gets terribly boring. So for new players I'd recommend not to play this game. Also another thing: Digimon linkz global version (while it was there) has been rewarding users whenever they reach a download milestone with free digistones. So far in Rearise global version there has only been couple of occasions (last time we got 200 rubies for passing 2 million downloads and that was few months ago). While this might not be totally accurate but it does paint a picture for new players to decide.

Lady_Apocalymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like people have said it depends what you're after. It's quite easy to build up rubies if you don't spend crazily and I really enjoy the story. But I'm happy to dip in and out on a commute for 20 minutes to check in on my 'mon rather than expecting a full game. If you have a specific dull period of time each day to spend and nothing much else to do, it's fun (IMO, anyway). And you need other active players to keep it possible to complete Clash Battles and build up social points and that's not always there. I think starting from scratch makes it look like an uphill battle - it took me two goes to get into it until I persisted...

The most annoying thing for me is the load times and the fact that new Clash Battles crash the game on my phone...

They did do a feedback survey for players a little while back so I don't know if that'll bring any changes...

MidnightWolfie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The most annoying thing for me is the load times and the fact that new Clash Battles crash the game on my phone...

They did do a feedback survey for players a little while back so I don't know if that'll bring any changes...
They've actually just updated the game a tad. They "fixed" loading times. Though I feel the game crashes a lot more often now, even if it does run smoother when it does actually run.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah cbf downloading it and starting again. I read everywhere that it's way to heavy on the ptw so that really kills it for me and dont get me started on the load times.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have downloaded it but found it repetitive so I deleted it.

Seems like the only way to succeed is to reroll the 10 free digimons during tutorial to get a rare digimon? Otherwise its like an uphill battle

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven’t played it yet myself. How’s it compare to linkz? I really miss linkz, it was like the only phone game I ever truly got into

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't gotten very far in the campaign mode but considering this is only the second Digimon game I've ever played I'm really just playing it for the story TBH.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
collectable pay to win is so anti-Digimon to me and they took away the one thing I loved about Linkz: a 360° 3D model viewer to help draw and take in designs.
It's a mobile game before being an actual game that falls into every mobile game trope and I hate to see it.
They added Bancho Lilimon though and I love her

liamx2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like playing now and again but I never like to put too much effort into these games because by next year they will more then likely say the usual " It is with a heavy heart that we must say we are shutting down the servers but we want to thank those of you who have supported the game"

Has anyone on here managed to rip the resources from the game yet ? I like collecting all the art , character portraits and so on.

Driftwood

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some people really get caught up in Tiers and getting the strongest Digimon, but I just play for fun, using my personal favorites. I do find it to be a massive money hole, partially due to my own weak impulse control, it's just so fun!!
It's really worth it. It can be a bit discouraging since it is so money oriented, but if you've got a job, and you don't go too crazy, it's really fun.