Is Damemon another version of a Sukamon?

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was re watching the xros series and recently got up to the stage where Damemon is in it. Looking at him i just see a Sukamon with armour but I search it up and there is nothing about them being related. Does anyone else agree with me and does anyone know if there is a relation there? Seriously they have to be related somehow to much similarities.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figure he's supposed to be a counterpart. He even has his own little mouse friend with a similar name (Chuumon and ChuuChuumon)

He's also a Champion Digimon in the recent Digital Monster X, making him the same level as Sukamon. Interestingly though he's not a failure Digimon there unlike Sukamon.

But whilst they may not be "officially" linked, he's for sure inspired or based on Sukamon and Chuumon.

Also this image was floating around a while back and Sukamon and Chuumon are used in place of Damemon and ChuuChuumon, so it seems Damemon's role was originally for the OG poopmon.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I thought so thanks for the answer. I knew there was to much similarities between them all just to be a coincidence. I just wonder why they would make a digimon that looks like Sukamon and just put armour over him and call it a different name. Damemon isn't a pushover like Sukamon but I just don't get why they would design him after a Sukamon i really don't like the way Sukamon looks to be honest.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damemon is rather weak, according to its profile. It's name even means "no good." Like Scumon, it was born from trash data.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damemon is rather weak, according to its profile. It's name even means "no good." Like Scumon, it was born from trash data.
I thought he wasn't on the weak side. Especially Tuwarmon he takes him to a whole new level lol get it coz he digivolved and he's on another level lol pun intended. I somehow don't hate him like I hated Sukamon. Let's just say if i was playing digimon world again and i got a Damemon i wouldn't be that bothered like I would have been when I used to get Sukamon lol.

Hachiko96

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dame means no good in Japanese as in worthless or trash.
And he is shaped like a toilet poop.
He would make a pretty good evolution for Sukamon.