international OST

MedievalDukemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am wondering if there was ever international OST releases from Digimon. Outside of Japan or Germany.
What is with the EU Spanish one?

MedievalDukemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Were no Digimon music albums released in Spain? I thought they have got a lot of good Digimon Tracks.

BTW:
When you search for Anime Hits 7 on Amazon, do you get this music compilation on Amazon? Or spotify?

It is because today the Anime Hits 7 was announced and contains alot german Digimon Tracks.
among other things like Leb deinen Traum (Piano)/Butterfly (Piano) and Vertrau mir/Seven (slow version) and german Tracks from Adventure til Tamers.

Last edited:

ggctuk

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit late to the party, but I have a small bit of input.

I can't speak for other countries, but the Saban dub has only ever had a 'songs' CD released for the movie. No score, no CDs to tie directly into the series except for the film. Several years ago, I got hold of quite a few of the BGM tracks (about 20 minutes-worth of what appears to be a 60 minute score) but since then... nada.

I was on another board and there were people who were also trying to track more down, but that board long fell silent and I fell out of contact with the other people so that search ran dry long, long ago.

Aside from the Saban version, which other versions have different BGM to the Japanese version?

Last edited:

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Were no Digimon music albums released in Spain? I thought they have got a lot of good Digimon Tracks.

BTW:
When you search for Anime Hits 7 on Amazon, do you get this music compilation on Amazon? Or spotify?

It is because today the Anime Hits 7 was announced and contains alot german Digimon Tracks.
among other things like Leb deinen Traum (Piano)/Butterfly (Piano) and Vertrau mir/Seven (slow version) and german Tracks from Adventure til Tamers.
I thought the Spanish tracks were from the Latin American dub? I could be wrong though, but they did do their own covers of songs like Butter-Fly for instance. I'm not sure if they actually produced their own BGM however.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I can't speak for other countries, but the Saban dub has only ever had a 'songs' CD released for the movie. No score, no CDs to tie directly into the series except for the film. Several years ago, I got hold of quite a few of the BGM tracks (about 20 minutes-worth of what appears to be a 60 minute score) but since then... nada
Fortunately Udi Harpaz has made The Masked Rider soundtrack available on Soundcloud

https://m.soundcloud.com/udi-harpaz-composer/sets/masked-rider-by-udi-hapraz

The Masked Rider score of course being were 95 percent of the music from season 1 came from and about 40-80 percent of season 2 and 3.

Sadly the pieces that were composed for the movie that were recycled into season 2 and 3 have yet to be legally released, to the best of my knowledge.

Aside from the Saban version, which other versions have different BGM to the Japanese version?
99 percent sure only Saban replaced the soundtrack. Replacing soundtracks was almost exclusively an American thing for kids dubs.

ggctuk

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I can't speak for other countries, but the Saban dub has only ever had a 'songs' CD released for the movie. No score, no CDs to tie directly into the series except for the film. Several years ago, I got hold of quite a few of the BGM tracks (about 20 minutes-worth of what appears to be a 60 minute score) but since then... nada
Fortunately Udi Harpaz has made The Masked Rider soundtrack available on Soundcloud

https://m.soundcloud.com/udi-harpaz-composer/sets/masked-rider-by-udi-hapraz

The Masked Rider score of course being were 95 percent of the music from season 1 came from and about 40-80 percent of season 2 and 3.

Sadly the pieces that were composed for the movie that were recycled into season 2 and 3 have yet to be legally released, to the best of my knowledge.
He also posted the Spider-Man TAS soundtrack which was also used in places. I think there was also some of Amotz Plessner's 'Princess Sissi' soundtrack used there too.

Just a little addendum, some of the tracks from the movie are available on both Udi Harpaz's site and Amotz Plessner's. I have more than those pieces myself as I got in touch with the composers, but don't go asking - I only got them because I was asking about the scores in the first place (not asking to be sent them but more the nitty gritty of how they were written - in particular, I did some covers I wanted to run by them). As for the rights, they're apparently all over the place, but a lot of the rights now rest with BMG. I doubt there will ever be any sort of official release - scores themselves might be a lot more mainstream but the main expansions are usually for composers or movies that are well-known and popular.

Last edited:

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit late to the party, but I have a small bit of input.I can't speak for other countries, but the Saban dub has only ever had a 'songs' CD released for the movie. No score, no CDs to tie directly into the series except for the film. Several years ago, I got hold of quite a few of the BGM tracks (about 20 minutes-worth of what appears to be a 60 minute score) but since then... nada
Fortunately Udi Harpaz has made The Masked Rider soundtrack available on Soundcloudhttps://m.soundcloud.com/udi-harpaz-composer/sets/masked-rider-by-udi-haprazThe Masked Rider score of course being were 95 percent of the music from season 1 came from and about 40-80 percent of season 2 and 3.Sadly the pieces that were composed for the movie that were recycled into season 2 and 3 have yet to be legally released, to the best of my knowledge.
He also posted the Spider-Man TAS soundtrack which was also used in places. I think there was also some of Amotz Plessner's 'Princess Sissi' soundtrack used there too.Just a little addendum, some of the tracks from the movie are available on both Udi Harpaz's site and Amotz Plessner's. I have more than those pieces myself as I got in touch with the composers, but don't go asking - I only got them because I was asking about the scores in the first place (not asking to be sent them but more the nitty gritty of how they were written - in particular, I did some covers I wanted to run by them). As for the rights, they're apparently all over the place, but a lot of the rights now rest with BMG. I doubt there will ever be any sort of official release - scores themselves might be a lot more mainstream but the main expansions are usually for composers or movies that are well-known and popular.
From what I can tell Amotz Plessner was hired to do new tracks for Digimon The Movie which would later end up in season 2 and season 3. Although Saban still used the recycled Masked Rider/Spider-man soundtracks from Harpaz obviously. At the very least Plessner identifies his tracks as being for Digimon the Movie including my favorite dub piece Heroic Goodbye:https://m.soundcloud.com/amotz-plessner/heroic-goodbye

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've always wanted to watch a Digimon dub in a different language to aid in foreign language learning. I hear the Spanish dub is quite popular. As is the German.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know I've picked up a lot of Japanese phrases from watching Digimon and other anime. It's not a good way to actually learn a language, though, except in conjunction with actual lessons. Although, I'm not sure that really has anything to do with soundtracks.