In which countries was Digimon Frontier aired?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After knowing about this new, I've just learned that Digimon Frontier, the fourth season of the anime, was originally aired in less countried than I thought at first. For example I assumed it was broadcasted in France back then, but I was wrong. On the other hand, I can tell that it was released, at least, in Japan (original), the USA, Germany and Spain. Since in this forum there's people for all around the world, in which of your countries was this season released in the first place and in which form (true to the original, minor changes, censored, straight to DVD, etc.)?

By the way, can we all agree that Frontier has the dopest English opening ever?? ;)

Thanks for reading guys. Have a nice day :eek:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All of digimon except Appmon air in indonesia.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It aired in Mexico and most of Latin America on the Fox Kids network, in the U.S. Fox Kids was only a block but in Latin America it had it's own channel that ran 24/7. It aired in uncut in it's original Japanese form, but some names were taken from the American dub, same with the other seasons. Funny that you mentioned Spain, because there are always two Spanish dubs for majority of shows that are dubbed one for Latin America and one for Europe, so there's two different Digimon Frontier's dubs in Spanish, one that aired in Latin America and the other in Spain.

I like the American opening, it's definitely one of the most memorable openings that's up there with Power Rangers and other shows. Here is the Latin American opening.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We were skipped in the UK
Yup. And despite this, I distinctly remember seeing the D-Tector in an Argos catalogue back then.

As I recall we also didn't get Data Squad until a few years after it already aired in the US.

Last edited:

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frontier aired in Israel on Fox Kids and later Jetix dubbed into Hebrew after Adventure, 02, and Tamers (Data Squad wasn't dubbed until the more recent ZOOM re-airing although there may have been a Jetix run that just doesn't have any proof, ZOOM also aired a Fusion dub). It was dubbed from the English dub like the other seasons's Hebrew dubs. They even dubbed A World for Us All for the opening.

An Arabic dub aired on Spacetoon after Adventure, 02 and Tamers (Data Squad was never dubbed, Fusion aired on MBC3 but was dubbed from the English dub). Dubbed from the Japanese dub like Adventure, 02, and Tamers also were. The name was changed to Abtal 'Al Digital (The Digital Heroes) as with all seasons except for Fusion. Not sure about if there were cuts/edits and what they were but I do know they changed everyone's names to Arabic names and changed the Digimon's names (that is another standard procedure they did with all seasons, again except for Fusion). They dubbed Fire for the opening and Innocent for the ending, not sure about An Endless Tale.

(I'm an American and grew up with the English dub but I'm knowledgeable about the international dubs)

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It aired in Germany (just like the first three seasons, Savers (which was the most censured dub we got based on the japanese version) and Fusion S1 (based on the US version and only the first 30 episodes, as far as I know - might be wrong though).

From the first four seasons Frontier got the leasts reruns, though.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yup. And despite this, I distinctly remember seeing the D-Tector in an Argos catalogue back then.

As I recall we also didn't get Data Squad until a few years after it already aired in the US.
We got games too. I remember getting Battle Spirit and being confused.

When did we get Data Squad? I think I first saw it in 2010 on Kix

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Event Hunters?? Wow that's really impressive.

It aired in Mexico and most of Latin America on the Fox Kids network, in the U.S. Fox Kids was only a block but in Latin America it had it's own channel that ran 24/7. It aired in uncut in it's original Japanese form, but some names were taken from the American dub, same with the other seasons. Funny that you mentioned Spain, because there are always two Spanish dubs for majority of shows that are dubbed one for Latin America and one for Europe, so there's two different Digimon Frontier's dubs in Spanish, one that aired in Latin America and the other in Spain.
Exactly! I was aware there's also the Latin America dub, but since it's the same for many countries, I wasn't sure in which countries it was aired, and in which ones not. It's funny now that you say so, cause I know many Latin American fans that claim they prefer the Castilian Spanish dub over the Latin American one, which is something really uncommon in both ways. I have only seen the one from Spain, but I can tell the voice acting and effects are top-notch (And I'm not only talking about the Zoe's climax during her Beast Spirit Evolution) hahahaha

OMG that's really misleading...and amazing in some sort of way!! :eek:

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It aired in India sometime last decade, on Cartoon Network. They dubbed FIRE!! and Innocent, but I don't really remember if the same treatment was given to An Endless Tale.

Takeshi55

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We got it before Xros Wars was announced, so probably 2008 or 2009.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think i saw Frontier opening in Korean and Chinese some years ago in youtube, which means Frontier also aired there.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah Frontier also aired in Hong Kong, and they dubbed Fire!! in Cantonese as well though not the ending.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm fairly forgiving when it comes to the American English dub to begin with but I will say that Frontier had my favorite soundtracks ogf any Digimon's dub.

Like the tribal music was just a natural fit for this particular series and hell it even worked for the movies that were dubbed during the Jetix era in lieu of having the original Saban music.

Last edited:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even Hunters? That's really impressive.

So let's recap:
*Japan (indeed)
*Spain
*Germany
*The USA
*Indonesia
*Brasil
*Mexico (Latin America)
*Israel
*Arabia Saudita (Arabic Dub)
*India
*South Korea
*China
*Hong Kong

That's really a lot more than I expected :)

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Austria, too. I still remember it airing in Austra a couple of month, before it was aired in Germany. (It started in Austra around new years, I think, while we got to wait until February or something. Dunno. Something like that.)