Impmon

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai seem to acknowledge the wizardmon fans lately with rearise and with their x designs having obvious visual similarities. But as said previously, the canon depends on the writer and any digimon can be his champion and ultimate stages.
Impmon (tamers) had a unique champion form drafted for him but it was never made official. I believe it was called satanmon or something like that? He was a red devil dude

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ive always wanted a digimon game like that mixed with fallout 4 and digimon world 1 it would be sick i would buy it day one. That's a game I couldn't get sick of 999+ hours of gameplay for me. I wish habu seen this convo and started a project like that.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think he means skullsatamon instead of satanmon. It goes impmon icedevimon skullsatamon beelzemon.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you mean Boogiemon, he has nothing to do with Tamers!Impmon. Boogiemon debuted a year after Impmon/Beelzemon, and he was most likely just created as a celebratory Digimon to represent the TCG card St-666.

As long as it has been used in any official capacity, any evolution is canon to the franchise. If you meant a specific part of the franchise, like Tamers or Frontier, then those evolutions are narrowed down and certain evolutions are "canon" to one part and not the other.
However, even within the same part of the franchise, canonicity can be further divided between different media like toys, games, animes, and mangas. A notable example is the controversial subjects of Plesiomon and Ophanimon within the Adventure part of the franchise. Certain Adventure toys and games use them, but the anime portion (specifically Tri) instead uses Vikemon and Holydramon. The same thing applies to Tamers!Impmon. In one of the Digivice toys, Meramon/SkullMeramon is the "canon" evolution; but in the anime, there is no "canon" evolution (yet) except Beelzemon himself.

At this point, I consider "canon" to be only relevant if you're talking about a specific series within the Digimon franchise. If you're talking about the entire franchise as a whole, "canon" is too general and irrelevant. What I consider relevant is the "intent", whether a Digimon was designed and created for a specific purpose (like an evolution).
Regardless of "canonicity", Baalmon is clearly "intended" to be an intermediary stage between Wizardmon and Beelzemon. He's literally a (surprisingly coherent) combination of the unique features of Wizardmon together with the features of Beelzemon (ironically, the features seem to be based on the original Beelzemon, not the Xros Wars one).
The main issue is that Wizardmon was not originally "intended" to be Impmon's Adult (though the franchise within the past several years seem to settle on Wizardmon as Impmon's most common Adult). This issue is shared with Ogremon and Digitamamon (While it feels more like a placeholder, Titamon's intended Perfect is still Digitamamon, and he is even given pink nails to show that intention).

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wizardmon and Baalmon makes more sense to me then any other evo line for beelzemon the similarities between wizardmon,Baalmon and beelzemon are to noticeable ignore.

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I'd argue for me that's my personal line preference and stuff for Impmon. Though all the others are also valid and interesting. Though I've always been fond of the lines that seem so strange when looking the whole thing over. I get kinda sad when too many new mons are so strictly clearly designed into one line and made for each other.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think they will keep being linear with their evo lines. I think the more new digimon the more different evo lines it can have. But some digimon I do prefer to have one solid evo line and not branch off.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I remember, Ba'almon and Beezebemon is the best fit. They had to place a champion, there a lot of very good choices to choose from. I have heard in the past Wizardmon, Meramon, Devimon and Jokermon.

I don't think they will keep being linear with their evo lines. I think the more new digimon the more different evo lines it can have. But some digimon I do prefer to have one solid evo line and not branch off.
If you prefer only one solid line and not branch off, I feel sorry for Dorumon lines.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't always prefer solid lines i do just on some digimon. I do like the idea of different digivolutions but I just think they shouldn't be really far fetched like agumon digivolving to a togemon or a gabumon digivolving to a Greymon if you get what I mean.

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd argue Gabumon to Greymon isn't too farfetched. He's a chubby dinosaur under that pelt, after all! Have you ever seen him without the pelt?

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd argue Gabumon to Greymon isn't too farfetched. He's a chubby dinosaur under that pelt, after all! Have you ever seen him without the pelt?
I disagree only because they are the original digimon and that's their identity. Their evolution is known as Agumon>greymon / gabumon>garurumon. Without identity then your nothing more then a side character if you get what I'm saying.

I get what your saying but the game won't be the same without him.
It would be exactly the same without him, since he was never in the game in the first place. That's like saying chocolate wouldn't be the same without plutonium.

Reapmon is from Beelzemon 2010.
Baalmon has also canonically evolved into regular Beelzebumon multiple times.
then impmon has 50+ canon champions

when people say canon they mean character/storyline. There hasn't been a reapmon character that has turned into a beelzemon character.
I might have misunderstood what you meant but reapmon digivolves into beelzemon in xros wars.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beelzemon 2010 isn't the same species as the original. 2010 isn't even stated to be a member of the SGDL in its profile.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sarablade, please keep in mind that Digimon has so many official universes, I'm not sure if any user has even been keeping count. So just because one evolution is canon to a specific universe doesn't mean it's the one you have to use. Your prefered evolution line is all that really matters for your partner.

This issue is shared with Ogremon and Digitamamon (While it feels more like a placeholder, Titamon's intended Perfect is still Digitamamon, and he is even given pink nails to show that intention).
I've actually always liked Digitamamon as the Perfect. Ogremon needs to go inside an egg and gather the dark energy needed before he can emerge rebirthed as a beast of biblical strength. And if you don't like Digitamamon when making a story, it would totally make sense to just have Ogremon warp evolve to Titamon as Titamon is made from the collective hatred of everybody who lost to the Olympos XII channeled through Ogremon rather than just Ogremon's natural strength.

On the topic of "canon" lines, I like having Digimon with related features in a line to parallel natural growth and a sort of typical standard for newcomers to the series to expect but I also like the branching paths and the concept that my Agumon and your Agumon become completely different things because they grow up in different conditions. Pokemon has an issue where you can really like a first form but the next forms ruin it that Digimon just doesn't have and trying to explain what conditions made a Digimon become a more out there result is a past time that many people in the fandom love to theorycraft and I highly appreciate that

Last edited:

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sarablade, please keep in mind that Digimon has so many official universes, I'm not sure if any user has even been keeping count. So just because one evolution is canon to a specific universe doesn't mean it's the one you have to use. Your prefered evolution line is all that really matters for your partner.

This issue is shared with Ogremon and Digitamamon (While it feels more like a placeholder, Titamon's intended Perfect is still Digitamamon, and he is even given pink nails to show that intention).
I've actually always liked Digitamamon as the Perfect. Ogremon needs to go inside an egg and gather the dark energy needed before he can emerge rebirthed as a beast of biblical strength. And if you don't like Digitamamon when making a story, it would totally make sense to just have Ogremon warp evolve to Titamon as Titamon is made from the collective hatred of everybody who lost to the Olympos XII channeled through Ogremon rather than just Ogremon's natural strength.

On the topic of "canon" lines, I like having Digimon with related features in a line to parallel natural growth and a sort of typical standard for newcomers to the series to expect but I also like the branching paths and the concept that my Agumon and your Agumon become completely different things because they grow up in different conditions. Pokemon has an issue where you can really like a first form but the next forms ruin it that Digimon just doesn't have and trying to explain what conditions made a Digimon become a more out there result is a past time that many people in the fandom love to theorycraft and I highly appreciate that
Well the Impmon,Wizardmon,Reapmon,Beelzemon evo line is the one I prefer. So I basically am using a certain universes canon then. :s

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I disagree only because they are the original digimon and that's their identity. Their evolution is known as Agumon>greymon / gabumon>garurumon. Without identity then your nothing more then a side character if you get what I'm saying.
*Slowly turn around to see Piyomon evolved to Aquilamon, Drimogemon to Digmon, Candmon to Wizarmon, etc*

Well for me, Impmon to Beezlebumon is enough for me. Because Wizarmon's personality is conflicting against Impmon/Beezlebumon's evo line due to his Attribute. I prefer SGDL have their full evo of only Virus Types to stay true to "Sins". Baalmon may make sense to fill in but he is Xros digimon therefore no Attribute & level. Another reason (Personally) I disliked him because he is just Beezlebumon clone with different clothes (Baalmon's clothes) with same shotguns... I mean I'm trying to say he merely changed clothes to be Beezlebumon (Xros) as "evolved".

If Impmon isn't going to have new Adult & Perfect levels to fill in his evo line for years and many years later then I'm fine with this Impmon to Beelzebumon evo because it's uniqueness for them to warp evo only unlike Leomon who later got GrapLeomon despite warp evolved to SaberLeomon. If the new Adult/Perfect digimon comes with that red scarf to connect with him then I truly accept it... And I want Wizarmon to be full of magical type evo line (Witchelny only).

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Slowly turn around to see Piyomon evolved to Aquilamon, Drimogemon to Digmon, Candmon to Wizarmon, etc*

Well for me, Impmon to Beezlebumon is enough for me. Because Wizarmon's personality is conflicting against Impmon/Beezlebumon's evo line due to his Attribute. I prefer SGDL have their full evo of only Virus Types to stay true to "Sins". Baalmon may make sense to fill in but he is Xros digimon therefore no Attribute & level. Another reason (Personally) I disliked him because he is just Beezlebumon clone with different clothes (Baalmon's clothes) with same shotguns... I mean I'm trying to say he merely changed clothes to be Beezlebumon (Xros) as "evolved".

If Impmon isn't going to have new Adult & Perfect levels to fill in his evo line for years and many years later then I'm fine with this Impmon to Beelzebumon evo because it's uniqueness for them to warp evo only unlike Leomon who later got GrapLeomon despite warp evolved to SaberLeomon. If the new Adult/Perfect digimon comes with that red scarf to connect with him then I truly accept it... And I want Wizarmon to be full of magical type evo line (Witchelny only).
I get and agree with what you mean when you say wizardmon and impmon are different in the way of their attributes and personalities. But having said that I like to think that they just took a new turn with his evo. It's not that far fetched in my opinion. I just think seeing as impmon and beelzemon are very popular shouldn't we know a lot more about them.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To know a lot more about them? Well you mean Impmon having different roles when the new game(s) or new anime series introduce him to the tamer partners? Or their lore?

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To know a lot more about them? Well you mean Impmon having different roles when the new game(s) or new anime series introduce him to the tamer partners? Or their lore?
Abit of both but especially his lore. We know hardly anything about him. So I would love to learn more about him. But I feel like they are gonna just keep updating new digimon creating new digimon aswell so it's like they missed their chance.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Err hello we barely know any Digimon about anything. Because we only know about 01, 02, Tamers and Savers partners. It's like saying I don't know a single thing about Palmon, Tailmon or mysteries around Renamon, 02 partners who were struck below Digi-eggs, Gaomon and others...
And their reasons is to continue to create new digimon eventually fill up to certain digimon ones' evo lines or completely separate ones, it's their true charm and true purposes. Truthfully, Gaomon's past is never revealed so yeah? Also Lalamon as well... Even Ogremon too!