Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (Black) Parallel Preview for Booster Set EX-03

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
boosterex03imperialdramonfmblack_july18_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar. This time it's Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (Black).

This time we get to see a parallel card of Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (Black)! Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (Black) continues the theme of the dark Imperialdramons mowing down enemies all around them. This one gives some nice detailing, continuing the new look at the mouth in his chest with some sharp teeth, and a creepy tongue. Lots of great detailing work here.

Previous previews for Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar:

Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar is out July 29th, 2022.

We have early details for Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 8,200

D O R U g o r a m o n

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess this a followup to regular dragon mode being in black dragon mode's alt art.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, now that is really awesome artwork. First time I have seen this Imperialdramon Fighter Black's chest is actually alive as it is sticking out the tongue while gripping Imperialdramon Dragon Mode so hard!

Look like it's really official for that new weapon. Can't wait to see this official artwork+profile when released. Wanting to see this new weapon's design.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alongside the chest-head seeming to be fully moving and having a functional mouth/tongue, it seems the gem on it's crown is also a functional eye.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the regular card, we learn something that Imperialdramon's weapon is in his left arm and looks slightly different, and the chest has teeth.
From this card, we learn that the chest has tongue and is somewhat alive and he has three eyes.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I guess that pretty much cements this new redesign for Virus Imperialdramon FM, although sasasi might've taken a bit more artistic liberties with it.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I looked back to see if the third eye was just a sasasi thing, but the Tonamikanji art also has it. That's pretty neat.

I am curious if they slightly changed the color palette, too. I wouldn't mind the shade of red and gold that it uses being somewhat different. In those cards it looks like a pale shade of gold and more crimson red, instead of the regular red.

Katsu Hikaru

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really digging the redesign I'm also curious what other function does Black FM have with the positron laser since unlike the normal one Black verison seems to be more melee base the fact his can work as a beam sword. So I'm curious does Black FM use Giga death or it morphs into a Greatsword.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just wondering how many Imperialdramon are there??
Did they used to be common in the Ancient Digital World or something before they all killed eachother?

e.skill

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frightening eyes! While there is something charming about the old digica artwork simply being palette swaps, this is so cool. Imperialdramon Black has so much personality in these cards.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alongside the chest-head seeming to be fully moving and having a functional mouth/tongue, it seems the gem on it's crown is also a functional eye.
From the regular card, we learn something that Imperialdramon's weapon is in his left arm and looks slightly different, and the chest has teeth.
From this card, we learn that the chest has tongue and is somewhat alive and he has three eyes.
it would be cool if Virus FM's actual head is the chest while the head-head is ornamental or just extra eyes

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, he's really fighting two whole other Imperialdramons at once and holding his own, isn't he.

What an absolute chad.
we learn that the chest has tongue
You know, realistically speaking, base Imperialdramon also should have that? The head actually doesn't change outside of folding down to the chest to let the Fighter Mode head emerge, it should retain all of its features as a dragon.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, realistically speaking, base Imperialdramon also should have that? The head actually doesn't change outside of folding down to the chest to let the Fighter Mode head emerge, it should retain all of its features as a dragon.
According to past instances, no. Imperialdramon FM has opened his chest-mouth on several occasions (namely to use his "Ion Blaster" attack), such as Diablomon Strikes Back and the tri. movies. Granted, the one in tri. was some sort of evil variant.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, also, it occurs to me, the cannon being used like that might be Black Imperialdramon's version of Barrier of Light/Hikari no Barrier.

According to past instances, no.
I mean, it could have just had the tongue inside of its mouth while it was doing that, we don't know.
Imperialdramon FM has opened his chest-mouth on several occasions (namely to use his "Ion Blaster" attack)
...wait hold on isn't that Giga Death in the movie scene? Did they rename his chest laser?

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, it could have just had the tongue inside of its mouth while it was doing that, we don't know.
Except, you know, the literal fact that no tongue has appeared in any past instances of his chest-mouth opening.
...wait hold on isn't that Giga Death in the movie scene? Did they rename his chest laser?
No, Giga Death is when he attaches the Positron Laser into his chest. The chest laser was initially unnamed, until Battle Chronicle finally named it Ion Blaster.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We never saw the tongue before so it's a no. It's like saying MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon's head in Omegamon's arms still have tongue as well.

There's a reason why we get this redesign. It's like why we don't get the Courage Crest on BlackWarGreymon's shield. Or like why we get the creepy eyes on MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon's heads in Omegamon Zwart D.

Last edited: