Images of the Box Topper Cards for English Card Game Booster 1.0

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After having alternate art cards confirmed as box toppers for booster set 1.0 on the English version of the Digimon Card Game a few days ago, they've announced what the toppers will be in that set.

Easy enough list, it's the English versions of the parallel Tamer cards from Japanese boosters 1 and 2. We get a decent look at the English versions of all 10 cards here.

1 of these will come per booster box.

Since we've only been getting 5 per set in Japan, it makes you wonder what 1.5 will have... (the set 3 ones, and maybe the cards from the Tamer Battle Pack and the Winners Card?)

Attachments

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh yikes, getting only 1 out of 10 possible alternate Tamer arts per box is going to hurt people right in the wallet. I wonder if this means the next booster box will only have the alternate Option card arts and alternate Beelzemon and alternate Black War Greymon or if I'm forgetting a box topper Japan got

Mattman324

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh yikes, getting only 1 out of 10 possible alternate Tamer arts per box is going to hurt people right in the wallet. I wonder if this means the next booster box will only have the alternate Option card arts and alternate Beelzemon and alternate Black War Greymon or if I'm forgetting a box topper Japan got
Only if you need multiples of them or a bunch of them. This sort of thing is better for sellers because there will be less of each individually out there, which is nice for stores in turn because it gives them higher value cards to shell out while not making the game inaccessibly expensive.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Think you’re just mixing up alternate arts with box toppers. There were 14 and 10 alternate arts in BT01 and BT02, respectively, but both had 5 box toppers, full arts for the kids from Adventure: as Tamer cards. The alternate arts for Options and Secret Rare cards are just part of the booster, not box toppers.

It might be harder to get a full art of your favourite Tamer card in the Special Booster, but in exchange we’re getting 1 of 3 pairs of magazine promos so it balances out. At the end of the day, buying a box nets you 3 cards in our release versus the 1 in the Japanese releases. It’s still possible to get a regular version of any of the Tamer cards in any of the releases, too.

As for the next booster, if you mean 1.5, one listing includes 6 box toppers, which lines up with the 6 in a listing for BT03.

Dynamicmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the Mimi card: "breeding area"....Digimon don't breed....

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I totally missed that. That’s... a really weird translation choice. Kind of hope they change it before the official release, but I’m doubtful.

zerorynga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way things look, the English version is going to be another card game with awkward name changes.
Makes me wonder why they didn't keep the "raising area" which was used in the official playmat design.