MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More Adventure 20th stuff already!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We knew the art would be on display at Jump Festa and we have our first shot of it!

Toei has put up a big display with the new 20th designs surrounded by screenshots from Adventure and 02. The display is in the Toei booth, and for the moment we don't know if anything is on display on the other side.

The 20th designs themselves are being discussed in their own thread here.

Figure updates from Jump Festa are being discussed here.

Thanks to dz0626mn for the photo.

Hopefully we get some more shots of the display, along with clean art of the designs soon!

Update- A few photos of 'around' the display from the Adventure staff account.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They also point out rain is expected both days, so bring an umbrella if you are going to Jump Festa.

Update- Mantan Web has posted a few very nice photos of the display wall.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Update- A pretty good front shot from 2minku6.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Random observation but I wonder if the binary code in the character portraits mean anything... :confused:

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Squints*
Hey look guys the 02 kids!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No pics of Tri? weird. I guess because it's not the same artist?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First public display at Jump Festa is meant to catch the eye of anyone who happens to be walking around who saw it 20 years ago.

At this point fans who follow the franchise already know about it (which is why they did a 'series to series' type thing in the V-Jump display.)

Part of Toei's stated goal from a few months ago was that the 'next' thing branch out further than just fans, part of that would include trying to grab people who were fans from 20 years ago, and might be wandering around a big event like Jump Festa, but might not be aware Adventure ever came back.

And having the art consistency of one designer for the first public display (as you mentioned) helps with that.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with some more images.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First public display at Jump Festa is meant to catch the eye of anyone who happens to be walking around who saw it 20 years ago.

At this point fans who follow the franchise already know about it (which is why they did a 'series to series' type thing in the V-Jump display.)

Part of Toei's stated goal from a few months ago was that the 'next' thing branch out further than just fans, part of that would include trying to grab people who were fans from 20 years ago, and might be wandering around a big event like Jump Festa, but might not be aware Adventure ever came back.

And having the art consistency of one designer for the first public display (as you mentioned) helps with that.
Hmm fair enough I suppose, though if they jump right into the new movie things might be confusing. I guess maybe they wont jump onto the lingering mentions of Tri.

Then again... everyone knows who Diaboromon and Daemon are I suppose lol

It does seem a little jarring to me, not to have Tri on there, but I understand.

But I still think maybe they'd also wanna push some Tri DVDs and stuff, but maybe this isnt the event to do so? I'll go with what you said.

for the display, I think the art looks better when we can see each notkid on their own.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Random observation but I wonder if the binary code in the character portraits mean anything... :confused:
it's screenshots of them from the last episode of adventure when apocalymon explodes.

Pretty sure it's just there for aesthetic and make the characters easily recognizable.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some relatively nice and clean images of the display have been added.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They're only going with basic shots from the 2 shows.

Which is why we don't get any of the movie stuff, ala Diablomon, etc. They're 'just' using old TV show screenshots because of the heavy familiarity.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They're only going with basic shots from the 2 shows.

Which is why we don't get any of the movie stuff, ala Diablomon, etc. They're 'just' using old TV show screenshots because of the heavy familiarity.
I actually meant if they keep that up for the movie itself when the people who see it tune in and might skip Tri. Theyre familiar bad guys and were teased so it'd be an easy way to have said bad guys, and those newcomers who skipped Tri wont be confused

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
aaaannnddd it's just that, for real???

duh, digimon really missed out this year's Jump Festa's potential

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
aaaannnddd it's just that, for real???

duh, digimon really missed out this year's Jump Festa's potential

You're apparently shocked even though they literally said that's what would be there.

It's a film with no announced release date. The marketing at this point is literally 'It's coming, here are the new character designs, and look at these memories you might have of 20 years ago.'

There 'is' no potential past that, because that's the point they are at.

Toei has stuff to focus on that is coming out now and in the next few months.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a pretty good front on shot of the display to the news.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems they improved the Chosen designs somewhat, now they look perfect (I take everything back I said about Taichi's design and TKs height, even Izzy looks great now and Sora's clothes are much better in blue)

Saelnaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Squints*
Hey look guys the 02 kids!
I thought this was a joke at first but there actually are a couple pictures there with the 02 kids, huh.

The future looks bright, both literally and figuratively.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems they improved the Chosen designs somewhat, now they look perfect (I take everything back I said about Taichi's design and TKs height, even Izzy looks great now and Sora's clothes are much better in blue)
??? They were always blue

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice display. And it makes sense they need the right images to catch a normal person's eye. It's like how Pokemon would put the 1st three starters and Pikachu on something or like how Optimus Prime keeps looking like the same truck.