Images and Details for tri. Glasses Line

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After finding out about these awhile ago, we have a ton of details all at once!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Details for the line of limited edition Digimon Adventure tri. eyewear! We've seen these on display and gotten various details, but Megane Ichiba have updated their website with a ton of new details and images.

First up is the artwork of all the characters for the collaboration. It's really nice artwork. Hikari especially has a ton of energy that helps her stand out a bit.

Next up, images and info on all the glasses.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Courage are Wellington-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: Greymon's helmet
Back: Agumon Colored
Shape: Taichi's Goggles
Outside Temple: WarGreymon's Horn Pattern
Left Inner Temple: MetalGreymon's Trident Arm
Right Inner Temple: Giga Destroyer Chest Hatch
Temple Tips: Greymon's Body Color
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Courage

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Friendship are Square-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: Gabumon's Fur Color
Temple Insides: MetalGarurumon's Nose/Laser Sight with a cloisonne decoration
Left Outside Temple: WereGarurumon's Arm bangles
Right Outside Temple: Gabumon's Horn, which is laser-etched
Temple Tips: Garurumon's Body Color
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Friendship

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Love are Oval-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: Piyomon and Birdramon's Body Color
Temples: Birdramon's Meteor Wing Color
Outer Temples: Hououmon's Tails, etched and with red cloisonne
Inner Temples: Piyomon's silver anklet, which is metallic
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Love

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Knowledge are Round-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: HerculesKabuterimon Body Color, using a matte gold metal
Temples: Kabuterimon and AtlurKabuterimon's body colors
Left Outer Temple: AtlurKabuterimon's Back
Right Outer Temple: Tentomon's Back and Horn Motifs
Inner Temples: Kabuterimon's Muscles
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Knowledge

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Purity are Boston-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: Palmon Colors
Outer Eye Corner: Based on Togemon's Chikuchiku Bang Bang attack
Temples: The Flower on Togermon's head, using antique gold, and the vines from Lilymon's head
Temple Tips: Rosemon's Body Color
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Purity

The glasses Palmon was wearing in the final scene of tri. Part 6 were based on these frames.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Sincerity are Wellington-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: Based on Ikkakumon's eye area
Outer Temples: Vikemon's Glove Colors, Vikemon's Mjolnir pattern is etched and uses cloisonne, and elements of Vikemon's shoulder armor using metallic parts.
Inner Temples: Zudomon's Body Color
Right Inner Temple Tip: Gomamon's Ear
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Sincerity

The glasses Jou was wearing in the final scene of tri. Part 6 were based on these frames.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Hope are Square-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: Patamon's Body Color
Outer Eye Corner: Feathers, based on Patamon's evolution sequences
Temples: Based on Angemon's blue cloth, with the patterns from Angemon's leg
Inner Temple Tip: Based on Seraphimon's Waist Armor, etched and uses gold cloisonne
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Hope

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Glasses of Light are Boston-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
Front: Holydramon's Body Colors
Temples: Based on Angewomon's garments and wings
Front Temples, near the Lenses: Stripes based on Tailmon's tail
Left Front Temple: Gold, based on Tailmon's Holy Ring
Left Inner Temple Tip: The 3 studs on Angewomon's glove
Right Inner Temple Tip: The cross on Angewomon's mask
Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of LIght

Tailmon wears these glases in the final scene of tri. Part 6.

Lots of different design flourishes to represent the Digimon on the glasses!

We will hopefully add measurements soon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Each pair of glasses costs 16,200 yen and includes the frames, lenses, a case, and a wipe for the glasses.

The case has a digivice design on it. They don't show the design for the wipes so far, but if I had to guess, it'll feature the collaboration artwork.

The also clarify that there are more than 30 types of lenses that won't increase the price of the glasses.

The glasses will be available at numerous Megane Ichiba shops (to numerous to list) that are listed in the link above.

They will be available August 1st, and stores won't have sample frames before that date.

These will be limited and once they are sold out they are sold out.

In addition, these are 'real' glasses, they will not sell you frames only as a collector's item.

To end with, more images of the art. First up, higher resolution versions of the kids and Digimon. Nice to get them higher resolution, even if they aren't full body shots.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

And last up for now, some nice tile style images images of the kids, Digimon, and their crests (I kind of expect the cleaning cloth/wipe to look like these.)

Update- Added translations of the various design elements thanks to garm.

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They look strange with the glasses except Jyou

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Joe finally isn't alone.

And poor Meiko has been killed in merchandise since the end of Tri

and you know what's interesting? they used the dub terms for the crests. Also the name Joe.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and you know what's interesting? they used the dub terms for the crests. Also the name Joe.
They've done both of those for quite a decent chunk of time at this point.

Joe is easy to find in products. The crest names less so, mostly because they don't spell them out in English.

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a nice reference to the 2nd ending of Adventure.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They've done both of those for quite a decent chunk of time at this point.

Joe is easy to find in products. The crest names less so, mostly because they don't spell them out in English.
Fair enough. I still find it interesting that they repeatedly use the dub terms and names over and over. Almost like they're stating all dub terms are canon in Japan.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, it is only available when bought with eye measurements? Is this available on the day and not via Pre-Order? Does Proxy normally take this kind of purchase?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, it is only available when bought with eye measurements? Is this available on the day and not via Pre-Order? Does Proxy normally take this kind of purchase?
Very few proxies will go to events to pick up stuff for people, it's why people find small person run online shops that do.

I can't imagine anyone will be willing to deal with prescriptions, etc. without the person being with them, but you can always ask.

We aren't listing the normal intermediary notes because with this having to do with eyesight, additional oddities might come up in miscommunication etc., it could be somewhat serious if something goes wrong since it might be incredibly hard to get fixed (minus going to a local store and simply having them make entirely new lenses.)

Megane Ichiba 'does' have an online shop, which will stock them, but they will not ship overseas.

If you aren't going to be in Japan around the release date, and really want to try, I recommend looking at our normal intermediary message and try contacting one of them, but I expect they'd say no.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very few proxies will go to events to pick up stuff for people, it's why people find small person run online shops that do.

I can't imagine anyone will be willing to deal with prescriptions, etc. without the person being with them, but you can always ask.

We aren't listing the normal intermediary notes because with this having to do with eyesight, additional oddities might come up in miscommunication etc., it could be somewhat serious if something goes wrong since it might be incredibly hard to get fixed (minus going to a local store and simply having them make entirely new lenses.)

Megane Ichiba 'does' have an online shop, which will stock them, but they will not ship overseas.

If you aren't going to be in Japan around the release date, and really want to try, I recommend looking at our normal intermediary message and try contacting one of them, but I expect they'd say no.
That is the gist I thought of the situation. Thanks for the details/suggestion. I guess I will try that out.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These glasses are sure cute. My prescription is like -12. Those lenses are probably too big for the frames. Shame. I'd like to have that fiber cloth of Hikari or sora. Guess I'll have to wait and see if anyone sells them separately.

wtfzee_

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know why they keep using western names for tri. merchandising, it looks like despair.
By the way, I like the glasses design, really nice.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So they are trying to promote a bunch of "made-up" glasses, and Meiko is out of it? This just proves how erratic is tri. as a whole and what kind of audience it does try to appeal.
Well, Meiko is different and she does not have a Crest design. They would not design a crest that does not appear in the anime only to have it debut on a glasses.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those glasses look nice, probably not something I'd wear myself. I like all those little decals on them that seem to represent the different forms of the partner Digimon, though a few come across better than others.
I kind of hope that the case will be sold separately at some point, it's really neat...

Btw I got the URLs for the spritesheets of the 360° view thingy that they have for them:
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-01CRG/DGM-01CRGsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-02FRD/DGM-02FDRsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-03LOVE/DGM-03LOVEsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-04KNG/DGM-04KNGsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-05SCR/DGM-05SCRsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-06RLB/DGM-06RLBsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-07HOPE/DGM-07HOPEsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/lp/item360/DGM-08LGT/DGM-08LGTsuihei-t/Images/Ni.jpg

So they are trying to promote a bunch of "made-up" glasses, and Meiko is out of it? This just proves how erratic is tri. as a whole and what kind of audience it does try to appeal.
Surely it can't simply be the case that the glasses are obviously styled after the character's crest, something that Meiko doesn't have.

I still find it interesting that they repeatedly use the dub terms and names over and over. Almost like they're stating all dub terms are canon in Japan.
It's not new though. For example I think we had "Sincerity" used in products since way back, for japanese Zero Two Digimental transforming toys or something like that. But unless the sounds and/or meaning of the actual words coming out of the characters' mouth magically changes it means very little for the show itself besides providing exotic flavoring.

I saw a picture on this site with the crest of Courage "secret" "Coming soon.."
https://www.meganeichiba.jp/brand/digimon/detail/
What this mean? Has this something to so with the new project???
That's very unlikely, it would be an awkward place to drop any kind of reveal.
Also the "secret" is not specific to the "courage" glasses, it's on the detail page of all the glasses. We know that all the glasses come with a wipe, which is the only part of the package we haven't seen yet, so that makes me 99% sure that the "secret" is just a placeholder for the design of the wipes.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious. How does it represent the forms of the Partner Digimons?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious. How does it represent the forms of the Partner Digimons?
I haven't figured all of them out but...
Taichi's glasses: The symbol on the inside of the temple looks like part of MetalGreymon's arm, from the shoulder joint to the elbow joint.
Yamato's glasses: The inside of the temples have those classic cyborg-ish metal parts pattern that MetalGarurumon has on his body, especially on his head.
Sora's glasses: the outsides of the temples have a pattern just like Hououmon's long tail feathers.
Koushiro's glasses: not sure, but the pattern could be meant to resemble those grey ribbed parts on Kabuterimon's body.
Mimi's glasses: A vine like pattern, could fit anything from Palmon's Poison Ivy to Rosemon's Thorn Whip.
Jou's glasses: The symbols on the outside are Vikemon's shields and Mjöllnir's chains.
Takeru's glasses: The triangle symbol is from Angemon's kneecaps, the twirly feathery symbol is prevalent among angel Digimon of that line in general.
Hikari's glasses: The three dots on the left side are the same as on the back of Angewomon's glove.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added details of all the design elements from the glasses to the news post.

wtfzee_

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes!! They are trying so g'ddamn hard to earn some money from the Adventure-only "widows" with senseless merchandising and sh't. There's no other reason for it. It's all wrong!