Ikkakumon & Zudomon Previews for Booster Set 2

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New card previews from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with more card previews from Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power. This time it's Ikkakumon & Zudomon

Still quite happy that the scaling issue appears to have been worked out. The art for both of these are similarly themed. For Ikkakumon we have him popping out of the water partially using his Harpoon Vulcan, while Zudomon appears to have leaped out of the water and is about to attack with Hammer Spark.

Ikkakumon's nose bothers me a bit on his though, it doesn't look quite right to me... but artistic interpretation and angles and all that.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is scheduled to release on July 22nd. The primary preview we've gotten so far of cards from that set was the recent 4 page spread from V-Jump.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 2:
Millenniumon

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
V-Tamer Promo Cards

Attachments

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They were both in the starter decks and the first Booster Set... so it's kinda boring theyre now in three sets in a row honestly. Like there's plenty of Water Digimon they could've used at the Champion and Ultimate level. Shellmon, Gesomon, MarineDevimon etc. I hope there aren't too many returning characters from the first set in the second set.

Last edited:

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They were both in the starter decks and the first Booster Set... so it's kinda boring theyre now in three sets in a row honestly. Like there's plenty of Water Digimon they could've used at the Champion and Ultimate level. Shellmon, Gesomon, MarineDevimon etc. I hope there aren't too many returning characters from the first set in the second set.
Yeah I thought I had seen them before. I wanna see some new cards. It is starting to grip my attention.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They’re here because Joe is getting his Tamer card in this set, and we’ll likely get Vikemon finally. So kids will finally get to see more of what they’ll see in the anime in card form.

These are also lower rarity cards than the previous set, meaning it’ll be easier for kids to get them this time.

If you only introduce new Digimon that kids don’t know, they’ll never really want to get into playing the game. I mean, has anyone ever counted the number of Pikachu cards there must be in the Pokemon TCG?

There’s still plenty of new cards in the set, and those are the ones that are meant to generate excitement, whereas these cards are meant to fill up the booster.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They’re here because Joe is getting his Tamer card in this set, and we’ll likely get Vikemon finally. So kids will finally get to see more of what they’ll see in the anime in card form.

These are also lower rarity cards than the previous set, meaning it’ll be easier for kids to get them this time.
that makes it so much better. I was originally pretty disappointed

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If you only introduce new Digimon that kids don’t know, they’ll never really want to get into playing the game. I mean, has anyone ever counted the number of Pikachu cards there must be in the Pokemon TCG?

There’s still plenty of new cards in the set, and those are the ones that are meant to generate excitement, whereas these cards are meant to fill up the booster.
Not counting promo cards there were actually only 2 Pikachu cards in the entire first generation of the tcg.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Digimon card games, the main character of the current anime tends to get new cards in about every expansion. Here they may have expanded it to all the partners Digimon.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In any case, new art is always cool to see in my book.