If you could rewrite any Digimon series

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But you are not opposed to Appmon appearing in future seasons? Like if the Net Ocean was reworked into a single version containing both digital lifeforms?
Oh that I would absolutely be in favor of, there's already a good set up for it as you said: Have Appmon mostly live in the Surface Web of the Network which would be analogous to the locale App Monsters refers to as its Net Ocean, with the Appmon species themselves living on servers resembling underwater islands much in the series itself, while the Digital World proper would be in an area deeper than even App Monsters's take on the Dark Web behind the Firewall.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure this has been done before, but it's worth a shot.

Now that Adventure: is over, I had a thought: we all having varying opinions on the quality of each series, but I'm sure even the most positive person has an aspect or twenty they'd like to change.

So I ask: if there was any part of a Digimon series' story you'd like to change, be it big or small, what would it be? Note this doesn't necessarily have to be from an anime. The manga and video games are also acceptable.

I'll start with Adventure because it's fresh in my mind and I'm lazy:

Trim or remove the Algomon fight. This fight took one episode too long and ate up time that could've been used for our protagonists. Also, we already have a good Our War Game Rehash. It's called Summer Wars.

Have Matt be recurring before joining the group proper. I think the "Matt sees the others helping him despite how he treated them" was good on paper, but weak in execution. When you think about it, he's feeling "Friendship" from a group of mostly strangers. I think it'd be super improved if he showed up every other ep and built up a begrudging relationship with the others before agreeing to help them.

Have Ogremon show up more. Just to build up his rivalry with Agumon a bit earlier and make Devimon's betrayal a little more impactful. Maybe one or two more appearances.

Spread out the Evolutions. I said it before, but I think the pacing in this show isn't good. I don't see why they needed to rush through the Ultimates when the Megas aren't coming for 40+ eps. They don't have to wait as long as the original, but at least space them out a bit.

Have TK enter the Digital World earlier. I think the Holy Digimon plot would be improved if TK appeared a bit early. Have Tai's group (so he'd be away from Matt) find TK captured by Devimon's forces, he'd need to be protected until they found his partner. He and Matt would reunite during the Eyesmon conflict, then he, Matt, and Tai would end up separated from the others because of Devimon. The rest of the arc would go mostly as-is.

More to come later/when I come up with them.

Thoughts?
I agree. Personally I would have also expand the Holy War. Like having Evil Digimon Generals in contrast to the Holy Digimon and being Villains that were trying to revive Milleniummon and Deathmon. These Villains could drive the evolutions anfd having their own personality and motives. Also the Dark Evolution plot could be handled better.

For a sequel I would give a hint for the 7 Demon Lords. Like Barbamon manipulating Deathmon.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure this has been done before, but it's worth a shot.

Now that Adventure: is over, I had a thought: we all having varying opinions on the quality of each series, but I'm sure even the most positive person has an aspect or twenty they'd like to change.

I kinda disagree. I mean I am that most positive person you have spoken about liking all the Digimon seasons regardless of how shitty they are simply because they're Digimons, I have sentiments with them and because of them I started learning Japanese (and therefore for example I'm not afraid anymore playing Japanese games or watch RAWs).

There is one series I like the least, and that series is Tri, but even then I can see several nice aspects of it, and would not erase it from my memory. And the only reason I like this series the least is because some whiny girl is a protagonist there.

Speaking of :, I think it was a good series if you will just ignore the fact that Taichi is everywhere and he's the main star of the season. If you will come with terms with this, I'm pretty sure : will be an enjoyable season too.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure 99: - Introduce villains before they have their own arc, the way they only appear after the heroes have reached the same level as them is silly. It works for Devimon because he was geographically distant from the other antagonists, but there is nothing to justify that Piemon did not go to eliminate the Digidestined as soon as they arrived on the continent.
- Apocalymon, remove him or do something interesting with him.
- Introduce Lilymon in the Princess Mimi episode.

Adventure 2020: - Make Omegamon appear in a "light" form in episode 2, like the regular Megas.
- Remove episode 18.
- Make (Neo)Devimon a "Raid Boss" who would face the 6 Digidestined at the same time, like in the original series.
- Make a better debut episode for BlitzGreymon.
- Give an entire episode to ZeedMilleniummon, and replace the Genkidama with Shiny Omegamon.
- Replace Argomon Perfect with Deathmon, or just let Negamon speak for himself.

Ultimamon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Savers.

Make Masaru less obnoxious and give him some actual growth. Removing the stupid punching gimmick goes without question. Replacing Agumon with a whole new line then just another Greymon variant. Give the other two more equal billing, Yoshino especially.
Rework Kurata into an actual decent and memorable antagonist, rather then an annoying hypocritical tit with delusions of grandeur that overstayed his welcome.
Ditch the Royal Knights and Yggy altogether, or have the later actually behave like a benevolent non-genocidal guardian entity for a change.

And of course, better treatment of Belphemon.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Universe:

* Give Mienumon more characterization, building up to a redemption arc similar to good old Tailmon, with Sakusimon being the Wizardmon for her. Ai becomes her partner and a member of the main cast.
* Go into more detail about how Leviathan treats his Appmon, and more about the Appmon Cemetery.
* Introduce proper Digivolution, as a step above Applifusion, similar to what XW did.

Young Hunters

* Show Taigiru AND Taiki suffering the consequences of their actions. Like in their first battle, have Taigiru and Gumdramon get injured
* Airu appears earlier and also reforms earlier, joining the main cast. She’s also shown hunting earlier and more often. Her definition of cute stretches to include humanoid female Digimon after she witnesses Cho-Hakkaimon in action. She still does have some Digimon she has only because she finds them useful, but their fate is how she finds out the horrible truth of why the Digimon are being hunted.
* Shoutmon is no longer the main partner of Taiki; instead observing from the sidelines as king. Bastemon becomes Taiki’s new partner, but relays information between the parties freely.
* Nene doesn’t become an idol singer. That’s like making Kiriha a hermit.
* Give Akari a Loader sooner. Zenjirou slightly later.
* When the digital world reset, it became more like the Null Canon version. Hence Shoutmon’s political power is limited, which is why he’s observing the real world.
* Show more of the digital world. Maybe an episode or two set there, and show how comparatively hostile it has become. Bastemon joined Taiki because she no longer felt welcome there.
* Ren should be a more prominent antagonist. Also have him say “You eeediot!” whenever Airu messes up. His abuse of her is the straw that breaks the camels back between the two. He’d also say that to Dracmon, who also has his catchphrase of “happy happy, joy joy”.
* Give previously one-off tamers more appearances.
* Some episodes have the heroes forced to destroy enemy Digimon and not capture them.
* Quartzmon also wants sacrifices of humans, not just the Digimon they collect.
* Remove/connect a lot of MOTW episodes.

Savers
* Make the Angewomon imprisoned with Relena into her partner Digimon, Angewomon staying with her in the Real World as she can mostly pass for human.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Some of your ides I like. Some are weird. But nice ideas anyway.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Shoutmon/Bastemon ones but it's not a real issue. I thought you just like some characters a lot. Also I saw the Ren and Stimpy references.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When you say null canon version miru, I assume you mean that the Digimon have the Levels they were revealed to have in the Field Guide which given that this was around the time Digimon started having Levels would make sense.

Also I'm somewhat confused by Bastemon as Taiki's partner as well since while I can believe her wanting to be his partner and King Shoutmon having to watch from the sidelines because of his position, by that same token Bastemon was the leader of the Lake Zone and thus would presumably be a member of Shoutmon's court rendering her unable to be Taiki's partner as well.

If Taiki was to get a replacement partner, it'd make more sense for that partner to be Starmon since the dude was the most notable Xros Heart member after Shoutmon, Ballistamon and Dorulumon and the only one to not have his own partner.

Unrelated but if I was going to change a series, I would try to integrate elements of Xros Wars's manga into the anime: Namely Bagramon's motives, Digivolution for the other components of Shoutmon X7, and including Kotone as the younger sister of both Nene & Yuu/Ewan as well as Sparrowmon's partner.

Last edited:

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When you say null canon version miru, I assume you mean that the Digimon have the Levels they were revealed to have in the Field Guide which given that this was around the time Digimon started having Levels would make sense.

Also I'm somewhat confused by Bastemon as Taiki's partner as well since while I can believe her wanting to be his partner and King Shoutmon having to watch from the sidelines because of his position, by that same token Bastemon was the leader of the Lake Zone and thus would presumably be a member of Shoutmon's court rendering her unable to be Taiki's partner as well.

If Taiki was to get a replacement partner, it'd make more sense for that partner to be Starmon since the dude was the most notable Xros Heart member after Shoutmon, Ballistamon and Dorulumon.

Unrelated but if I was going to change a series, I would try to integrate elements of Xros Wars's manga into the anime: Namely Bagramon's motives, Digivolution for the other components of Shoutmon X7, and including Kotone as the younger sister of both Nene & Yuu/Ewan as well as Sparrowmon's partner.
Actually, since not only the levels and power leveling, but also the geography and political structure, of the Digital World, were reset to Null Canon status, Bastemon’s Royal status is moot, as her Lake Zone no longer exists. So she might have nowhere else to go. I agree that Kotone and the extra Digivolutions would be cool.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even assuming that Lake Zone no longer exists, I feel like Shoutmon would be willing to accommodate her since her guards would be on his proverbial payroll now, possibly even make captain of her guards with Knight as her lieutenant.

Like Hunters establishes that Xros Heart are still together by the fact Wisemon made a machine to allow Taiki's Digimon to transfer into his Xros Loader.

Like Shoutmon (King Ver.) is Level IV while Bastemon is Level V so in a more hostile Digital World he'd probably feel safer with her as one of his guards because for all her goofiness, she can be a force to be feared as ChuuChuumon learned the hard way:

What's more Bastemon as a species have a reputation for bewitching victims with their beauty before draining them entirely of blood so the idea that the princess could become a fearsome protector for Shoutmon by overcoming her initial laziness seems more fitting for her character.

Last edited:

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even assuming that Lake Zone no longer exists, I feel like Shoutmon would be willing to accommodate her since her guards would be on his proverbial payroll now, possibly even make captain of her guards with Knight as her lieutenant.

Like Hunters establishes that Xros Heart are still together by the fact Wisemon made a machine to allow Taiki's Digimon to transfer into his Xros Loader.

Like Shoutmon (King Ver.) is Level IV while Bastemon is Level V so in a more hostile Digital World he'd probably feel safer with her as one of his guards because for all her goofiness, she can be a force to be feared as ChuuChuumon learned the hard way:

What's more Bastemon as a species have a reputation for bewitching victims with their beauty before draining them entirely of blood so the idea that the princess could become a fearsome protector for Shoutmon by overcoming her initial laziness seems more fitting for her character.
…alright then. But Starmon doesn’t even have limbs. And… what if she could spy on Taiki for Shoutmon? Or Vice versa? This could lead to a rift between them.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given that the Starmons' whole thing is being fused into weapons, the lack of dexterity wouldn't be an issue.

Honestly I'd jettison the idea of Shoutmon no longer being Taiki's partner and watching from the sidelines altogether because it frankly makes no sense whatsoever for two reasons:
  1. The idea that Shoutmon, who became King specifically to help weak Digimon, would just sit ideally by while Digimon are hunted goes completely against his character.
  2. With the exception of those who were incapacitated in one way or another such as Seraphimon, Ophanimon and Homeostatis, Digimon leaders are rarely ever 100% passive: Etemon, who was implied to be a warlord on Server, actively fought the Digidestined multiple times as Myotismon and the Dark Masters, Zhuqiaomon had no issue fighting the Tamers when they came to his place looking for Calumon while Baihumon fought the D-Reaper to the point of exhaustion, Cherubimon was actively trying to accomplish his goals while his Evil Warriors kept the heroes distracted and Yggdrasill was a recurring antagonist in multiple series.

The only outlier being Bagramon who left his subordinates and brother to their own devices but I do not expect Shoutmon to be anymore passive than he strictly has to be, that was why he took an active role in Hunters in the first place.
More likely it would be Shoutmon who gives Akari and Zenjirou their partner Digimon, his limited political power instead taking the form of him having to work with the reformed but weakened Bagramon (disguised as the Old Clock Shop Man) to deal with Quartzmon but having to keep the latter's resurrection and reformation secret.

EruKimia

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure and 02:
-i honestly forgot many things about this season so i cant say much but maybe give other kids their Mega/something equivalent of Mega.
-Give Daisuke character growth.

Tamers:
-Established more strong background story for Ryo.
-Give the other main kids their own 'super mode' and not just takato and his Dukemon Crimson mode

Frontier
- let the other kids other then Takuya and kouji save the day, especially in their initial evolution.
- give the other kids chance to shine too, let then evolve to ancient counter part too maybe,
- make them can use the 'antagonist' spirit after they scan them. For Koichi and kouji, make them possible to exchange their spirit to each other.

Saver:
-just like adventure, i honestly forgot many things about saver so i cant say much about this season
- Give Chika digivice
- give their boss (the one with turtle Digimon, he is their boss right?) Ability to evolve his partner to Mega.

Xrosshearts
-Give Akari and zenjirou their own digivice, seriously.
- give ability to evovle sparrowmon
- for series that feels like abandoning evolusion level and evolustion gimmick, the fact they can super evolve is weird. Maybe more information about evolution in this series is needed
- give taiki better character background. Manga taiki is better story then anime taiki IMO (in fact manga crosswars has many better and more interesting part then anime)
-give lilithmon some profesionalism? Depandable? Idk the English word i need. I still remember lilithmon and daipenmon fusion i was like, wow that was so bad.

Hunter
- (can we just pretend Hunter never a things?)
- remove that crossover element with other series. Its a big mess imo.
-give Akari and zenjirou digivice one season earlier, seriously
-idk if Its fan theory or Canon, but if Its Canon, i want to remove oldman=darknightmon part because it just doesnt make sense to me.
-give the 'older' generation some trauma. They were just child stuck at wars they bound to have some trauma

Appmon
- maybe because the target audience but i feel they goofing around (? Is that the right words?) Too much
- bring back their human partner assistance, like haru's search bar. Iirc only Rei who use his hacking in multiple episode.
- give Hajime applidrive
- remember those unknown hands in that one episode, i want to know who is that!
-give naito more role and appearance.

Tri.
A mess
- make it series instead of movie. Many unused or badly executed element maybe can become better.
- if it just movie, removing Mei probably can help alredy-too-many-cramped-become-one movie. But If its become series Mei character can be explore much more.
-taichi interaction with other member. Especially to koushiro. Arent they friend? I Mean koushiro run from his home to tauchi's to inform him about the egg in OWG movie instead just call him with telephone
-the lack of worry in older gen about 02 gen become missing
- make tailmon become holydramon like in 02 movie and not ofanimon
- give more info about previous of generation choosen children before taichi (or their own series maybe)

Kizuna
- 02's epilogue? What epilogue?
- edit whole separation scene for more feel.
- i know Sora wont show up battle but i honestly want some scene about Sora

Xrosswars manga
- give Nene clothes when she fused

Adventure reboot
I honestly didnt finish it yet so nothing much to say
- give more focus for each other choosen children

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A couple corrections: the old clockmaker was revealed to be Bagramon, not DarkKnightmon (though your point still stands), and Tailmon did evolve to Holydramon in Tri.

EruKimia

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A couple corrections: the old clockmaker was revealed to be Bagramon, not DarkKnightmon (though your point still stands), and Tailmon did evolve to Holydramon in Tri.
oh thanks for the correction. and i honestly forgot if tailmon become holydramon or not, i just remember it become ofanimon falldown in the end

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh thanks for the correction. and i honestly forgot if tailmon become holydramon or not, i just remember it become ofanimon falldown in the end

It was ophanimon FM for 5 seconds

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It was ophanimon FM for 5 seconds
Oh tri., what would we do without you...? Oh yeah, less Adventure fatigue. 😝

But yeah, either turn tri. into a full series for more nuance, or scrap it altogether and go straight to Adventure:. You can't have both.

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've come up with a few for some pre-Adventure: shows. It's been over a decade since I've seen anything pre-Appmon/tri, so my memory isn't as good for those, though. Not that it was good to start with...

Frontier:

Remove the Hybrid forms

Many have pointed out that Frontier has a balance issue with its protagonists. Takuya and Koji are the only ones to go past the Human-Beast levels, which makes the others come across as a bit underpowered.

This wasn't new to Digimon, but other shows typically only did it once. Frontier on the other hand did it twice (three if you count Susanoomon, but everyone got to use it in the end anyway).

Also, I have to ask. Does anyone really care about these forms? They're just pieces of the Human and Beast Spirits stuck together to make a form that doesn't look all that new (because the component forms already look like each other). Was this a toy thing?