If OmegaShoutmon had a Level what would it be?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you mean? Lucemon or OmegaShoutmon? The latter has only been given the Adult level so far. A Digimon species' power level (irrespective of evolutionary levels) often varies from appearance to appearance.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OmegaShoutmon though it could extend to other Fusion-verse Digimon species like Dorulumon, AtlurBallistamon, and RaptorSparrowmon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you mean? Lucemon or OmegaShoutmon? The latter has only been given the Adult level so far. A Digimon species' power level (irrespective of evolutionary levels) often varies from appearance to appearance.

There are two OmniShoutmons in Next Order, one is Champion from Shoutmon and one is Mega from AeroVeedramon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are they two different levels? I didn't know OmegaShoutmon could evolve from AeroV-dramon. The guide on GameFAQs lists OmegaShoutmon as being Ultimate-level instead of Adult...

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah that raises a lot of Xros Wars level questions -- granted, they tried hard to diverge from the level system, I'll give them that if nothing else -- so they're making this conversation intentionally hard on us haha. I originally had always thought of OmegaShoutmon as a perfect (especially backed up now cause Zubamon's perfect form looks so much like OmegaShoutmon to me), but the Magnamon argument makes a lot of sense too

Not to derail too much , but what do you guys think about the other Xros partners? I thought of the majority of them them as perfects -- especially ZekeGreymon, since he comes from a Metalgreymon variant, and Arresterdramon -- but that's kind of just with the designs I've been seeing and with no evidence backing that up

Evolution within Xros Wars isn't the same thing as what happens in the other animes - it's a short-hand for aging-as-a-continuous-process, not a clear-cut series of metamorphoses (see Shoutmon in XW contra in Hunters, Cutemon's parents, Baalmon in the flashback; all three/four are specifically the same but older).
I also don't exactly agree with this cause, at least from the way I thought of it, partner-based evolution was always "brief glimpse into the future of a Digimon", or however Omegamon phrased it in episode 31 when they first hit OmegaShoutmon. My evidence there being for mons like Tailmon who explicitly states that she evolved from her own devices and that's why it's permanent, because it didn't happen in a single burst of power like from a digivice. If Hikari had met Plotmon instead of Tailmon, I think the forms would have been the exact same. That kind of makes the most sense -- if Agumon or Renamon or anyone else aged, would they not evolve into Greymon or Kyuubimon eventually, just like Shoutmon is evolving into OmegaShoutmon slowly?

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are they two different levels? I didn't know OmegaShoutmon could evolve from AeroV-dramon. The guide on GameFAQs lists OmegaShoutmon as being Ultimate-level instead of Adult...
I assume it's a change for the western version of the game, for example in the Vita version, Shoutmon can only turn into OmniShoutmon but in the new version he can also be Greymon, Growlmon and I think RedVeedramon. Gumdramon didn't get alternative Chanpion forms though for some reason. Anyway I can only assume the guide you saw hasn't been updated for the western version.

Anyway yeah there's two OmniShoutmons at Champion and Mega. Only one Arresterdramon though. Maybe because Gumdramon was never shown in our Fusion so they didn't care as dub fans didn't know he existed whilst Shoutmon being unable to get passed Champion sucks but now if you want one there's a Mega version. I assume the changes will be the same for the upcoming Japsnese PS4 game next week.

Ps am I allowed to use dub terms I was always put off signing up because all I see are the Japanese ones

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, thanks.

Everyone just uses what terminology they prefer or are familiar with.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ps am I allowed to use dub terms I was always put off signing up because all I see are the Japanese ones
Some members only use dub, some only use sub, others tend to jump back and forth.

As an example, I jump around, but when I'm posting in news or a thread I tend to try and stick to what the thread is about.

So if it's based on the Japanese, I use those. If it's based on the dub, I use those.

I think most members tend to do that, and we just have more Japanese news at the moment.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not to derail too much , but what do you guys think about the other Xros partners? I thought of the majority of them them as perfects -- especially ZekeGreymon, since he comes from a Metalgreymon variant, and Arresterdramon -- but that's kind of just with the designs I've been seeing and with no evidence backing that up
Actually, I imagine both Greymon and MailBirdramon being Champion like the original Greymon and Birdramon, MetalGreymon is an Ultimate like the original MetalGreymon, and thus ZekeGreymon is a Mega like Imperialdramon.

Basically, the Fusion-verse MetalGreymon line would be a mirror of the Paildramon line.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As it turns out, there's a Mega of Arresterdramon too, from Taomon. That ones took a lot longer to be found than the OmniSooutmon from AeroVeedramon.

Both the Megas can DNA into Omegamon Alter B.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmm, seeing Arresterdramon as a mega is weird, imo it´s Gumdramon(Child)>Arresterdramon(Adult)>Arresterdramon SM(Perfect)>ArresterdramonSM Brave Snatcher(Ultimate)

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmm, seeing Arresterdramon as a mega is weird, imo it´s Gumdramon(Child)>Arresterdramon(Adult)>Arresterdramon SM(Perfect)>ArresterdramonSM Brave Snatcher(Ultimate)
Seems like having two of the Fusion guys at different levels was just for those who want the Anime partners and don't want their Champions dying or unable to get to Ultimate, so just put Omni and Arrest as Champion and Mega to appease them.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of love the idea that the two main Xros Wars guys cannonically have two levels assigned to them. It kinds of supports the idea that they aren't actually tied to a specific level, and that the Random Evolution thread has basically been 'doing it right' the whole time.