MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
boosterex02icedevimon_december5_2021.jpg
boosterex02gokumon_december5_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard. This time it's IceDevimon and Gokumon.

Some really nice artwork for a pair of Tamers villains. IceDevimon gets some art that makes him look quite monstrous and works well.

Gokumon wasn't in Tamers, but gets in by a bit of logic loopholing. Digimon Tamers: Battle Evolution (Digimon Rumble Arena), was a multiseason game, but came out while Tamers was on air in Japan, so was branded as a Tamers product, leading to an interesting choice for including in the Tamers set.

Previous previews for Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard:

Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard will be out on December 24th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards.

We have the first info for Booster Set 9 X-Record.

We have details for the 2nd Theme Booster, Digimon Tamers.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 8,913

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh neat, Reapermon. he technically counts as tamers from rumble arena I suppose. Glad to always see him since he's one of my faves from back in the PS1 days and never really gets used that often.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yes, didn't expect that. Well, Battle Evolution is also part of Tamers. Nice big boss right here.

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ice Devimon was totally expected, but Gokumon not at all.

Oh neat, Reapermon. he technically counts as tamers from rumble arena I suppose.
Oh I didn't play the game so I was thinking something stupid like "they associated Reapermon with D-Reaper just for fun".
I still don't recognize that eyed thing on its art, is it just part of its technique?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh neat, Reapermon. he technically counts as tamers from rumble arena I suppose.
Oh I didn't play the game so I was thinking something stupid like "they associated Reapermon with D-Reaper just for fun".
I still don't recognize that eyed thing on its art, is it just part of its technique?
I think in the game they’re a new flat hexagonal form of Kuramon that created Gokumon? I’ve heard that he was conceived as a subspecies of Diablomon.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Kuramon hexagons were from Revenge of Diaboromon, and they also appear in the last stage of Rumble Arena
We're getting a rumble arena rep because it was called Digimon Tamers: Battle Evolution in japan, and also today is its 20th birthday

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, the Kuramon bands are part of Gokumon's battle arena, which references the fourth movie. They don't really have any direct connection to him.

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I wonder how would it be like if Reapermon was the final antagonist in Tamers anime along with the D-Reaper.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's just "alright" artworks. And that Gokumon card surprised me. Look like Gokumon gotten more appearances.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love seeing stuff we didn't expect like Gokumon i mean yeah he came from a tamers related game and such but while the locomon/Parasimon movie obviosuyl makes a ton of sense and should be expected random game boss- casue of the presense of agu and co I don't think i really considered it part of Tamers but rather just digimon in general.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, as pointed out, the game was called Digimon Tamers: Battle Evolution. Like Brave Tamer and the original Battle Spirit, it was marketed as a Tamers game.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, as pointed out, the game was called Digimon Tamers: Battle Evolution. Like Brave Tamer and the original Battle Spirit, it was marketed as a Tamers game.
Fair enough though I have trouble parsing Rumble Arena as a tie-in to specifically Tamers not due to the roster consisting of nine Adventure/02 characters vs four Tamers characters (including unlockable characters that aren't Digivolutions).

It seems more like it would be a tie-in to Adventure, 02 and Tamers together.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fair enough though I have trouble parsing Rumble Arena as a tie-in to specifically Tamers not due to the roster consisting of nine Adventure/02 characters vs four Tamers characters (including unlockable characters that aren't Digivolutions).

It seems more like it would be a tie-in to Adventure, 02 and Tamers together.

And also that Tamers isn't even in the dub name so most fans outside Japan wont even know the Japanese version has Tamers in the name and so wouldn't have expected to see it like some seem to have expected it

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was not expecting Gokumon, but I am plesantly suprised we are getting him.

Hopefully there will still be room for all the ADRs though.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
IceDevimon
[When Attacking] Return 1 of your opponent's Lv. 4 or lower Digimon with no digivolution cards to its owner's hand.

Reapermon
<Reboot>
[Opponent's Turn] (Once Per Turn) When your opponent's Digimon is unsuspended, <De-digivolve 1> that Digimon.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wonder if there’s any clear artwork available.