I can't login on my desktop

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I recently came back to the website, and the first device that I logged on to it with was my Samsung phone, which had no issues whatsoever. However when I try to login on my desktop I always get this error
"security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."
I changed my password and it works on the phone but it still doesn't work on the desktop. I tried emptying my browser's cache and that still didn't do anything.
How do I fix this?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On top of the cache, I'd make sure any cookies are wiped.

Looking at the error, it doesn't seem to be an error that should be caused in normal usage. Dig around a bit more and make sure there isn't anything stray like a cookie and lets see what happens then.

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually when I clear the cache I cleared the cookies too. And I just did it again and it didn't change anything. And I tried logging into the site on a different browser and same error. Then I triedchanging the password on the original browser and I still got that error.

Last edited:

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really need help with this still, it's really problematic that I can only access the website with my phone.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I sent it to someone else to look at, but it's hard to deal with an issue that isn't reproduceable to such a degree that you can still login on another device. When there is something else to say it'll be posted.

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I decided to try to login again for the hell of it, and it worked. It took a few attempts trying to remember the password, but I had a good feeling when it just said wrong password and didn't give me some kind of error. I know know if you guys every did anything about it or if it just worked itself out but if you did thanks

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I decided to try to login again for the hell of it, and it worked. It took a few attempts trying to remember the password, but I had a good feeling when it just said wrong password and didn't give me some kind of error. I know know if you guys every did anything about it or if it just worked itself out but if you did thanks

Our only theory is back to that 'something' about your network setup changed before, and then it changed back. Specific to that one machine, so a network setting got changed, etc.

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, it's weird because I was able to log on on my phone while connected to the same router. Plus I don't remember fooling around with my new pc's settings in anyway since I first reported the problem, but at least its solved.