I been trying to do a Digimon fanfic.

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want my fanfic to be a revision/retake of the lesser talked about things of the Digimon series like the V-pets, Manga's, and Video Games. The thing is that I want to be mostly oc base [most of them being minor expies of canon characters] partnered with lesser know/used mons with fan evolution lines. I like to talk about your thoughts and ideas about it so it might help me.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's an interesting idea. I've thought about maybe adapting a Digimon video game into fan fiction myself, but am not sure I'll ever do it since we don't have accurate translations for the games in question, making it hard to get the characters right. Not that anyone in the Western fandom would know the difference, but...

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's an interesting idea. I've thought about maybe adapting a Digimon video game into fan fiction myself, but am not sure I'll ever do it since we don't have accurate translations for the games in question, making it hard to get the characters right. Not that anyone in the Western fandom would know the difference, but...

Yeah I can agree with that, though I think someone translated the wonder swan games and some people are doing the 2 story games.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The most commonly used translation of the Wonder Swan games I've seen are Ajora's (featured on the Ryo shrine Yesterday), but it only goes up through the first parts of Brave Tamer. I'd love to see any translations that have been done for the 2 Story games in question.

I think the V-Pet aspects of Digimon are really rife for a fanwork. What specific elements of the V-Pet, manga, and video games are you particularly interested in?

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The most commonly used translation of the Wonder Swan games I've seen are Ajora's (featured on the Ryo shrine Yesterday), but it only goes up through the first parts of Brave Tamer. I'd love to see any translations that have been done for the 2 Story games in question.

I think the V-Pet aspects of Digimon are really rife for a fanwork. What specific elements of the V-Pet, manga, and video games are you particularly interested in?

Some of the things like V-Tamer [that universe where Taichi and Takuya were send to defeat Metamormon], Next [the digimemories, online game, and dark digivolution], Re: Digitized [not to sure] , Next Order [the Analogman related stuff], Manga!Xros Wars [most of the crap the Bagramon says when he was fighting Taiki], and abit more.

Also I been getting ideas for my oc's from Rps I had with some friends and it helped me with what i wanna do with them.

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm mostly doing this because there's barely any fanfics base around them. Also I'm thinking of maybe a xros wars rewrite mixing the anime and manga.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that's great. Do you have an outline, some character profiles, or a teaser chapter that you can share with us?

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not yet but I do got some character designs.

He's the gogglehead of the story.

naotoanddracomonbyke.jpg

Art made by kev851

Last edited:

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like a cool idea to me. My fic work takes stuff from Card Battle/Digimon World and V-Tamer at times, so I see nothing wrong with trying to find some cool ideas out of them. I personally don't read OCs, but that's because they're everywhere and usually horrible. I'd love to see some decent OCs and a good story.

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't worry my OC's, they're gonna be better than the ones you know. Though most of them are attended to be expies of other characters, but very loosely.

The Victory Tamer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are there any slots for Lost Evolution concepts and (slightly modified, of course) characters?

Also, this is probably out of the blue, but I've been thinking for a while about doing a "third Adventure" (a parallel to Adventure and V-Tamer). Sort of like your Fusion/Xros Wars rewrite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I been writing is mostly unknown, lesser use Digimon. I done a story with Ryudamon, Tsukaimon, Liollmon, Elecmon Virus, FanBeemon and so forth. The one I post on here a couple of days ago did show me use Elecmon Data and Dorumon, but mostly, I use Dorumon with Ryudamon.