Hulu License for Adventure: Stops at Episode 49, Update- Or Not?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hulu_adventure2020_may30_2021.png

Based on a question on Twitter, Hulu support answered on where Adventure: episode 50 is. Seemingly their license to the show doesn't go past episode 49, so until/if that is changed, Hulu won't be getting new episodes of the show.

Not great news for those who had Hulu and not Crunchyroll.

Thanks to a few people for the heads up.

Update- A newer Tweet is now saying it's a delay that should be cleared up soon.

Attachments

• hululogo_may30_2021.png
    hululogo_may30_2021.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 17,817
Last edited:

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This seems like one hell of an oversight. I mean We've known for a while that it was slated for 66 eps... but I guess it depends on how the license was worded- and if i recall correctly we got the 66 ep count a few episodes in so I could see it slipping past the sight of average company exec types cause they don't have thier eyes glued to screens looking for every bit of digi news. But yeah definitely seems like an odd license set up

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This seems like one hell of an oversight. I mean We've known for a while that it was slated for 66 eps... but I guess it depends on how the license was worded- and if i recall correctly we got the 66 ep count a few episodes in so I could see it slipping past the sight of average company exec types cause they don't have thier eyes glued to screens looking for every bit of digi news. But yeah definitely seems like an odd license set up

We have no idea how long the series is set for.

Toei Europe listed 66 episodes on their catalog page, which is generally for European licensing, which is where people get the number from. But that is inherently just a sales number. It might mean 66, or it might mean they were told 66 minimum.

Toei USA has simply listed it as 35+ episodes.

Toei Japan has said nothing specific, minus that the anime has entered a second year of being on air.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Toei Europe listed 66 episodes on their catalog page, which is generally for European licensing, which is where people get the number from. But that is inherently just a sales number. It might mean 66, or it might mean they were told 66 minimum.

Or, given that image was taken almost half a year ago, it could be that it was 66 at the time but has since changed.

Who knows?

MFbM

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
iQIYI also only listed the Digimon Adventure (2020) until episode 48. Have to wait 2 and a half hour from the time of my posting to confirm if they upload episode 49, because the episodes are uploaded 1 day after Japan's broadcast.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ah i wasn't aware that the 66 number came from the European listings- guess that makes sense then and explains why Hulu may of opted for it- also maybe it was some generic "1 year" type thing since generally speaking most shows finish within 12 months of starting So even with say 13 months to allow that month buffer. We'll prolly never know the details but its certainly an interesting wall to encounter

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am fairly irritated by this news. I mean I've already seen the episode but I want to see the fight again on my TV. It would look better that way.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am fairly irritated by this news. I mean I've already seen the episode but I want to see the fight again on my TV. It would look better that way.
same i mean If i have to wait a week i will- i won't be happy about it of course but I just don't really watch much anime lately so paying for CR just doesn't appeal to me when at this point it'd be just for whatever is left of : and i guess i'd find the time to binge Healin' good and Tropical Rouge without commericals but honestly I'd likely just forget about it apart from the current digi stuff. Since I spend most my time during the week helping with a 3 year old free time is kick back relax and watch hulu or w/e in my room maybe do some reading and such

sappyfoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, as I read above the update said that this was an error on Hulu’s end or something and it’s going to be fixed? Anyone know more on that? Because I’m so annoyed I still can’t watch episode 50 :’(

Kyaromonfan96

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, as I read above the update said that this was an error on Hulu’s end or something and it’s going to be fixed? Anyone know more on that? Because I’m so annoyed I still can’t watch episode 50 :’(
Watch it on Crunchyroll.

sappyfoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch it on Crunchyroll.
I can but I don’t want to. As far as I can tell Hulu messed something up, especially because the update said that it was a mistake and it will be fixed. I’m not willing to sign up for another streaming service when I literally watch nothing else on it.

it was said above that Hulu will be fixing it.. so hopefully soon.

But back to Hulu, does anyone have an idea or have heard when they will start getting the new episodes again? It’s insane. Good going Hulu. Lol

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You don't even need to sign up to Crunchyroll. Just watch one week behind everyone else and all episodes are free (with ads)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's what I do. It's why I tend to be the last one in most ep topics. Though oddly I don't seem to get ads. And on the old Wii U app, you just got the same ads for various anime they air. A bit weird but fun.