How you picture a Digimon Adventure live-action movie series?

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Take a look at these:

http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_(Live_Action_Film)
http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon:_The_Dark_Network
http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon:_The_Battle_for_Earth
http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon:_A_New_Digitude
http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon:_The_Duel_of_BlackWarGreymon
http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon:_A_Million_Points_of_Light_-_Part_1
http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon:_A_Million_Points_of_Light_—_Part_2

If only someone can pull off the perfect movie series for Digimon.

Some digimon can appear CGI, some live-action that look human.

The original actors can voice the Digidestined digimon.

And it doesn't matter if the Digidestined would be all Japanese, there can be some from different ethnicities.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would combine elements of all Digimon media from the Adventure era (V-Tamer, C'mon, World, maybe even things like the guidebooks). A character based on the V-Tamer version of Tai would crop up as an occasional ally, with V-Dramon in tow. Hiro would start as an ally character helping out the heroes with his civilized area (which is in reality under the control of Devimon), but become corrupt over time. Analogman's Mugendramon could be the same one in the Dark Masters. Even Bun and Kentaro could appear. It's gonna be one arc per film.

I would have a Frontier-based prequel. I'd write Izumi much better than she was in the show, with her actually getting a sizable bodycount in. This is because after she inadvertently kills Ranamon, she enters her full monster instinct from sorrow and slaughters ALL the evil hybrids except Duskmon (and she also kills that Woodmon). Basically, this film(s) tells the story about how the Digital World's civilization collapsed, and how Hypnos found out about the Digimon. After most of civilization is destroyed by the Royal Knights and Lucemon (along with most of the Frontier Chosen's allies, even many that survived originally), the Digital World is left in the mess that it was at the start of Adventure, with only some small, generally single-species hamlets being different from the wilderness and the occasional tinpot dictatorship. Izumi wrote a book about the Digital World and the monster instinct she succumbed to. This was discovered by Hypnos, who soon contacted a few of the Monster Makers to produce "Digital Monster" pets as a cover-up. These pets contain one real, living Digimon inside. Unlike in reality, these pets were but a fad.

After the Myotismon and Diablomon attacks, more urgent measures were needed. Hypnos set up DATS, a group of covert operatives who study the Digital World. Meanwhile, a happy accident results in a boom of Digimon tamers amongst children. Due to the hazards inherent to those games, DATS forms the Data Squad to take care of not only these games, but also criminal adult tamers. The worst of them is Kurata, who recalls modifying a Digital Monster pet to create a super-powerful Digimon named Deathmon. His main henchman is the sadistic Kouki, who previously kept Deathmon, but is now into the Bio-Hybrid system. Little do the know that Kurata has operatives inside Hypnos, notably Yamaki. From the Digital World, the freed Sovergins now decide to investigate. It turns out Kurata's D-Reaper program is causing a large amount of damage to the Digital World, and, along with Kurata and the evil supercomputer Yggdrasil, wants to conquer both worlds.

The Game of Thrones is cut short as Kurata dies trying to harness the power of the Seven Great Demon Lords and Marcus destroys Yggdrasil, but the D-Reaper becomes the true and final threat. The Data Squad have to team up with these Tamers to defeat the D-Reaper. Many lives are lost to the D-Reaper, and negative energies force all the Digimon to be separated back into the Digital World. Marcus is also sent there, not only to repair damages, but also because he'd probably fit better in there. Happiness returns, as it turns out some of the Tamers became true Digidestinied as appointed by Omnimon himself. They are sent to investigate the actions of a being called Mephistomon, but something a lot bigger is about to brew.

The Digidestinied of the world are re-united with their Digimon, to answer to a new crisis in the form of the Digimon Emperor. Thinking it's just a game, the Kaiser has to be stopped. He causes normal Digivolution to be inaccessible, resulting to the use of stranger methods such as the Digimentals. Meanwhile, Lord Demon has another plot brewing, along with Dagomon, Yggdrasil, Bagramon, Barbamon, and a few others. Once Ken is freed from the Dark Seed's control, the mysterious Oikawa unleashes Archnemon and Mummymon on the world. The number of evil plots is of great concern, as the Digidestinied of the world have to scramble to battle off these evil plans. It is revealed Myotismon is the one in charge of Oikawa's plans, along with those of Dagomon and Demon. Killing Oikawa's henchmons in his new NightmareMyotismon (BelialVamdemon) body, the heroes have to take him down in a massive battle. In the end, the Digidestinied get to keep their Digimon. The Monster Makers choose to revive the V-pets with the new Pendulum series, often built in honor of our heroes.

The other villains aren't done yet, so Bagramon launches a conquest of the Digital World, just as civilization has mostly rebuilt. His forces compromise Blastmon, Tacticmon, Laylamon, Arkadimon, Armagedemon, Argomon, Deathmon, Ragnamon, the seven Death Generals, and countless other forces he aquires via his fear tactics. Due to his army, a new type of Chosen must be picked. That is Michael S. Kudo, the General of the Cross-Heart army. While our prior Digidestinbied have to handle Armagedemon, and Argomon attacks DATS, Bagramon smartly sends MadLeomon and MachLeomon against Michael. The Cross Wars erupt. With Shoutmon as Michael's partner, he recruits Digimon from far and wide into his army. But one Virus Digimon catches his senses like none have before; Bastemon. Bastemon becomes second only to the Shout-Squad, eventually even Shoutmon himself, in Michael's rank, due to one trait very strange for a Digimon; love.

Michael and Bastemon's relationship is a complex matter, even as soldiers on both sides are being slaughtered. The other armies of the Digital World are assimilated into Cross-Heart, just as Bagramon pulls and stretches the Digital World into a new shape. As the brutal battles of the Death Generals rage, Shoutmon evolves into OmegaShoutmon, ready to rule the Digital World. Defeating Bagramon, the Digimon forces say goodbye to Michael. A mysterious watchmaker gives Xros Loaders to several children, including Michael, along with his new friend Taigiru. Michael realizes Shoutmon has moved on, and accepts that Bastemon is now and forever his Digimon partner. Taigiru proves irresponsible with Gumdramon, and stumbles right into Airu's trap. Airu turns out to work for a boy named Ryouma. Seeing an unfortunate Digimon be slaughtered by Ryouma, Airu decides to leave before Ren tries to capture her. She is rescued by Taigiru and Yuu, while Ren is dragged off for failure.

"Ren Hobari has gone missing", a school bulletin reads. This is only a taste of Ryouma's dark intention and materials, for his partner is in fact Quartzmon, a being so brutal, the Digidestinied of the world must unite to take him on, alongside DATS and many others. Soon, Quartzmon reveals his true self; Milleniummon! Milleniummon launches his reign of terror over the course of the Real World, but is stopped by the Digidestinied, leading to a side-effect of complete overpopulation of the Digital World. Yggdrasil takes advantage of this and proceeds to create the X-Program, wiping out countless Digimon, as he reshapes the Digital World into three terminals. The Digidestinied witness a strange Digimon named DORUmon, trying to survive in this world. Yggdrasil's true intentions are to wipe out the Digital World entirely. DORUmon must overcome Yggdrasil and annihlate him.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... my head hurts...

I mean, are you serious about the 'this guy is that guy is a third guy' plot twist? Kinda cool, but confusing. Cool ideas, but too much stuff shoved into one plot.

Last edited:

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This "plot" miru made is TOO MUCH!

I'd rather see Digimon Adventure instead.

In the movie with Myotismon, imagine an organization similar to DATs & Hypnos will be run by the President who used to be one of the original Digidestined. He ordered agents to keep an eye out for the kids and would meet them when the time came when Kari will join them.

In the last movie of Digimon where MaloMyotismon is the final villain. This kids grown up as adults and their kids have new digimon:

- Dorumon
- Ryudamon
- Guilmon
- Renamon
- Gaomon
- Lalamon
- Falcomon
- Fanbeemon
- Sunmon
- Lunamon
- Kamemon

Last edited:

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This "plot" miru made is TOO MUCH!

I'd rather see Digimon Adventure instead.

In the movie with Myotismon, imagine an organization similar to DATs & Hypnos will be run by the President who used to be one of the original Digidestined. He ordered agents to keep an eye out for the kids and would meet them when the time came when Kari will join them.

In the last movie of Digimon where MaloMyotismon is the final villain. This kids grown up as adults and their kids have new digimon:

- Dorumon
- Ryudamon
- Guilmon
- Renamon
- Gaomon
- Lalamon
- Falcomon
- Fanbeemon
- Sunmon
- Lunamon
I was actually describing an entire Digimon Cinematic Universe, not just one film.

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon 1st film:

Seven kids were in camp for the summer, until that fateful day digivices landed to them, transporting them into another world filled with amazing creatures of data called Digimon. They learn that they're are chosen to defeat evil and save the Digital World.

Digimon II:

After the events of Devimon and the black gears, they went on with their lives. But they never forgotten the adventure they had until Gennai called for them again for help against Etemon and his Dark Network. The only way to defeat him was to find the tags & crests to help their digimon digivolve to the next level - ultimate. So far Garurumon & Kabuterimon digivolved to ultimate, except Tai who forced Greymon to SkullGreymon. When Etemon became one with the Dark Network, Greymon properly digivolved to MetalGreymon.

Digimon III - Part 1:

Etemon's threat was over. Gennai told the Digidestined about an 8th digidestined child in their world and must find him/her before something terrible happens. The vampire-like digimon Myotismon was able to enter their world and calls for his minions to find the child and destroy him/her. One of his servants Gatomon wavers so suddenly and Wizardmon - the only digimon whose been her friend, helps her to remember and revealing that Tai's sister Kari was all this time the Digidestined meant to be.

With Myotismon's appearance, an organization (similar to DATs & Hypnos) had been keeping an eye on the Digidestined and watching their movements. What is their intention? It was then revealed, that the president was the one who organized this group and reveals to be one of the original Digidestined before them. He knew about Myotismon coming to the real world and awaited for the right moment to have them be recruited to their team in stopping him.

Digimon III - Part 2:

Myotismon was not going to back down yet. Gennai came into contact with the Digidestined and the President about a prophecy. The prophecy revealed Myotismon's return as VenomMyotismon. The only way to beat them is to shoot Tai & Matt with arrows of light that will give Agumon & Gabumon to digivolve into Megas.

Digimon IV:

With the Digital World out of balance, they return to defeat its new enemy - the Dark Masters. Apocalymon will also appear. But this time, WarGreymon & MetalGarurumon won't be the only mega digimon anymore to fight this evil.

Digimon V:

It had been years since Apocalymon's defeat. But new Digidestined are now taking over. This time the threat is a human - called the Digimon Emperor.

Digimon VI:

After stopping Ken, the Digital World was free. But a new enemy - Arukenimon and her sidekick Mummymon plot to destroy the Digital World with BlackWarGreymon. Davis tries to talk to Ken into joining them. But he refused for all the sins he's done and how he's responsible for his brother Sam's death. He revealed to Davis that Ken was always jealous of his brother getting the attention. And after being punished for playing with Ken's digivice, Sam kicked him out. Ken had enough. When Sam showed up for another perfect grade, Ken got fed up, stealing Sam's report card and ripping it and throwing pictures of his brother at the wall. Ken tried to run away, wishing Sam would disappear and never have a brother. Sam tried to call a reluctant Ken to come back and apologize, but a thug grabbed Ken and pointed a gun at him. Sam tried to rescue him but ended up shot.

Later all Digidestined DNA Digivolve.

Digimon VII - Part 1:

After BlackWarGreymon disappeared, it was Christmas time. The Digidestined traveled all over the world.

Digimon VII - Part 2:

MaloMyotismon's defeat.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure I'd want to see a live-action Digimon movie at all, but I'd certainly not want to see a direct adaptation (which I cannot see as being anything but a recipe for disaster) or the unbridled lunacy of miru's first post. In order to work it would need to be designed from the ground up to fit the new medium and avoid any weird racial shit that would arise from Hollywood (since that seems to be the assumption) working with the Digimon canon.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, putting Digimon in Hollywood's hands is a travesty waiting to happen. Need we be reminded of Hollywood's previous attempts at live action film adaptations of anime?

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If only there were the right people to make such an adaptation. It has to be those who are familiar with the series. Even studied it.

And how they can incorporate it into something original.

And it can't be cheesy for it has to be real.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only way I could see a Digimon film working is if they do something akin to the first Digimon Adventure movie. I'm sure I've said in another thread but I picture that being like a cross between E.T. and Godzilla, and I'm not sure if that would even turn out to be a good movie.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, wildwing64 said what I came in to say. Find a way to stretch the first movie to feature length; maybe have it take place over a few days? Funny how the film embraces the monstrous aspects o the virtual pet that pretty much go ignored in the series proper.

You could do something similar in adapting the beginning of Tamers; mostly the growing pains of raising Guilmon. Perhaps make the fight with Devidramon the climax.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Tamers 1984 could potentially work in live action. Not sure how exciting it would actually be, though, as its story would mostly consist of watching a bunch of college folks doing computer work, and climaxing with a Greymon Realizing but which is never actually seen in full view before it disappears.

Last edited:

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Tamers 1984 might work. I mean, you could easily give the Wild Bunch a bit more of characterization and give a little more character conflict to the entire thing. That is not hard to do. Would also have the advantage for Hollywood to be able to cast some white actors (two white actors, an african american actor, an indian actress, a chinese and a japanese actor... Yeah, that might work.)

Still, while 1984 could be a neat movie, I would prefere something original that stays more true to the heart of Digimon (humans having partners). But god beware: Never do a movie based on a series. Like never. Especially not a series as episodic as most of the Digimon series are. It just does not work, because you just cannot put it all in a movie, without loosing tons of information. And nobody in Hollywood would make a "first part" that would not have a satisfying pay-off.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But god beware: Never do a movie based on a series. Like never. Especially not a series as episodic as most of the Digimon series are. It just does not work, because you just cannot put it all in a movie, without loosing tons of information. And nobody in Hollywood would make a "first part" that would not have a satisfying pay-off.
The fact a good chunk of the Gundam series' have been reverse engineered into films after the fact (and on more than a few of the occasions the films are actually better than the show) would show this can clearly be done.

I mean, that's basically what superhero films are. You look at a long running series, and figure out what you can chop, rearrange, and come up with new to make a film.

If someone wanted 'American Movie Digimon' that'd work throw a half decent writer at me and I'll help them write a fanfic with all the bells and whistles (I'm not a writer nor have I ever claimed to be, but I could easily come up with the ideas.)

I probably wouldn't use the digital world at all in the first movie frankly.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually... That might be a good idea. Haven't a couple of series done that? You save that for a possible 2nd movie. Thanks Marc.

DerMond

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think using elements from the Adventure-Era is a good idea. I think it will create some focus with how it would look.
However, agreeing with B-Mon, I think that basing off the first movie is the best way to go and taking inspiration from Tamers and Takato's troubles with Guilmon.
The story could be how difficult it is to have a life under your responsibility.
When they get to the digital world, you could have the villain arcs sized down to movies.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think V tamer can be translated to a movie the easiest. With not too many characters and a way more linear plot.

digihunter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Adventure is WAY better to adapt!

The original Digidestined can possess Dorumon, Ryudamon, etc.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure is just too incoherent to turn into a good movie. Also, not sure why the original Chosen Children would have Digimon from much later in the Digital World's history.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adventure is just too incoherent to turn into a good movie. Also, not sure why the original Chosen Children would have Digimon from much later in the Digital World's history.
My mock ideas in my head was actually based on Adventure.

It's just a matter of how it's done.