How would you have changed the tri movies

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First off, I get the symbolism of having a not-showing-my-real-face villain to the adulthood struggles and that those struggles might show different faces instead of the real one as Yggdrassil used avatars (Gennai, Keiser). I appreciate that. So, I wont say that Id change the villain.
What Id change is:
a) as many said already, the pacing... (Im looking at you ghost-stories-when-everything-around-us-is-going-nuts!)
b) Meiko's valid but constant whining. It was the same dillemas and whining in 3, 4, 5 and 6... Jeez! Make up your mind! Other than that no beef with her or Meicoomon. I even liked they used Apocalymon...
c) And it is important for an OCD guy like me... EXPOSITION!!! Yes, we try to understand that the Ultimate shinka prophecy is about the Chosen further proving now they're YA that they still possess their crests' quality but a bit explain-o? Yes, its important to me to know why they wont use warp shinka and now use ultimate shinka... even worse that both WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon use it when we know they Warped shinka back in 01... Also, would it kill them to tell us how they could manage going past Adult level, after 02 epi. 50??? (we know they could because of Diablomon Strikes Back where surprise! they used warp shinka! BUT HOW?)
d) I get not wanting to use the 02 kids but at least tell us what exactly happened to them and real Gennai rather than just assuming.
e) WHAT THE HECK IS THE DARK OCEAN EXACTLY?!?!? TELL US!!! LOL
f) Id like a better payoff for Himekawa... at least she/we should find out why her Digimon was sacrificed?!

So my main changes would be about exposition. So d, e and f could be part of c... I dont want to use headcannon... if it was a US show at least they might have a Q&A afterwards with writers/producers... in Tri... the struggle is eternal!

PalmontheGreat

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally enjoyed tri. immensely, it might even be my favourite thing for the whole of Digimon.
There were many wonderful scenes that I wouldn't do anything to change, but there were still a few places that I believe could have been better:
  • Make the Seraphimon appearance bigger and more important. (He really just appeared for no reason in a fight, they already had Hououmon and Herakle Kabuterimon.)
  • Make Rosemon and Vikemon's first appearances more meaningful.
  • Don't include them going into the Digital World in 'Confession', it would have fit perfectly with 'Loss'. Putting it in 'Confession' was just a waste.
  • Get rid of the Mimi and Koshiro crush aspect, I just plain hate it.
  • Give Raguelmon more scenes and a bit more of a story.
  • Take out Dark Gennai licking Sora's face. (It's just really weird)
  • Show the fate of Himekawa clearly.
  • Give Mimi and Palmon more depth and screen time. (I know Mimi was the main character along with Joe in 'Determination', but other than that, she didn't get much in the other films. Palmon was just way too underused, even though 'Determination' was supposed to be her movie, she was just shown fighting and getting injured. Even Gomamon had a bigger part than her in that movie!)
Those are the few things I would like to change about Digimon Adventure tri.

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My reaction to tri. was "Wow, I'm so excited!" (pre-release) to "Okay" to "That's...not good". This movie has many problems, some are already said and some might be subjective. Admittedly I've only watched this when it first came out and I've forgotten a lot of details, but what I remember is:
  • the involvement of 02 kids, or a lack thereof. I mean, they are not my favourite bunches and I've never really liked 02, but to just write them off the script with a vague reason is frustrating. Even Takeru and Hikari, who are members of them, didn't realise their disappearance until some times later. I don't need them constantly worrying about Daisuke and co., I just need a good continuity.
  • the pacing is...weird, to say it politely. Maybe they'd do better if it was a TV series, but who knows.
  • the characters are a bit bland for me, especially Meiko. Not that I hate her, she's just not too exciting to watch.
  • the animation quality. Since it's a movie, I'd expect it to be better than a TV show. But instead I got an average-to-low quality for even a TV show kind of animation.
I'm sure there's more than that, but I don't think I want to watch tri. again. At least not in the near future.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Technically they weren’t movies. More like glorified OVAs, hence the animation quality.