How will Appmons mons be treated in the franchise going forward?

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you think we'll ever see some of the appmons included in a regular digimon v-pet, show or game? Or will they try to keep those separated from mainline stuff?
I'd love to see virusmon or damedamon in a Digimon Story kinda game

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd love to. Afterall Agumon and Wargreymon made a crossover cameo in Appmon...

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd love to just see them folded into into the back-catalog. It'd be a shame to just waste them.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't mind seeing them either but I'm pretty sure we won't. To me it felt like it was hardly the digimon I knew.

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we see them again. They could even appear in Adventure:, as an offshot of Digimon that are natural to the Network World instead of the Digital World.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love to see them again, but I hope they appear without the CGI at higher stages and without the cables to link them together.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yea, wasnt a fan of the CGI look either

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can agree with the CGI but the Applink cables are a fundamental element of their design so while they can be hidden, they're not likely to be removed altogether.

I feel like Notus has the right idea for how to integrate Appmon into Digimon lore, treat them as an artificially made Digital lifeform that resulted from our advancing mobile technology since even Izzy's computer was updated to double as a tablet in the reboot so I can see mobile tech in that universe being far enough along to result in the existence of Appmon.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They went out of their way to redesign "Copipemon" and turn him into a Digimon called "Copymon", rather than just use "Copipemon".

I think that about sums it up.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except I'm not sure they actually even redesigned Copipemon to begin with, "Copymon" is nearly identical apart from a few details that can just as easily be chalked to art simplifying the original design like it did Ludomon in the same image.

Bandai can simply hand wave Copymon as "No, Copymon is actually the Appmon Copipemon, we just couldn't say that it was Copipemon at the time."

Last edited:

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not to mention recolours are nothing new to digimon
Still tho, point taken

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can agree with the CGI but the Applink cables are a fundamental element of their design so while they can be hidden, they're not likely to be removed altogether.

I feel like Notus has the right idea for how to integrate Appmon into Digimon lore, treat them as an artificially made Digital lifeform that resulted from our advancing mobile technology since even Izzy's computer was updated to double as a tablet in the reboot so I can see mobile tech in that universe being far enough along to result in the existence of Appmon.
this entire comment I agree with but (even though it's not giing to happen) I would love to see Izzy with a team of Appmons he got from the Network! They could act like a firewall between the Digital World, Network, and human world

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He looks more like a pre-evolved Copipemon than a "minor redesign" or whatever.

he has a dummy mouth like pabumon and pusumon, but copipemon has a big grin. Their masks are also different colours.
Algomon Worm Phase says hello.

I always interpreted the "pacifier" as a tiny smile and would also point out that the booklet that image comes from uses a limited color palette for its illustrations as seen here with Ludomon:
Image Thumbnail (custom)
And this not the only example of the booklet's limited color palette

This means that "Copymon" may not even be the coloration you're assuming it is and it actual coloration is that of Copipemon.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we will see some appmons in future products, for example Digimon ReArise

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's an interesting idea, @SparkGold . Appmon could be assist/summon characters or influence hacking skills.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The idea with Izzy would fit really well. It might even be a subset of characters. Like a spin off.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope they stick around, but I don't want them to just be folded into the regular Digimon roster. I'd prefer if they were another variety of digital monster- or, uh, virtual creature- with their own mechanics alongside Digimon. I'd love for them to be playable in the next Story game for instance.