How Strong is your Partner Digimon?

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ever since I was little, I liked to daydream about having a partner Digimon. Mine is a Gazimon. He's been with me since the end of 02, a full 18 years!

With every new season he gained a new evolution line. In 02 he gets an armor form, in Tamers he gets a Bio-merge, he got some Digi-Xros forms for Xros Wars, and so on.

With last evolution out, I have been thinking about making him a "Final Form/ Bonds of" Form. But I have come to realize just how many forms he ALREADY has, an now I am having seconds thoughts on adding yet another one.

Does anyone else have a "partner" Digimon? How many forms does your partner have? How many forms do you think a partner can have until they just become a "Mary Sue" Digimon?

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bulcomon line for me would be dream digimon :).

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it unlikely someone like me would be a protagonist so I'd just have a Rookie or Champion in a Universe like Adventure. Eh, In a Story game I can get a Mega but be like... a generic guy that takes part of the cups in Cyber Sleuth or something. So I'd have a decent enough team but would lose to the protagonists.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it unlikely someone like me would be a protagonist so I'd just have a Rookie or Champion in a Universe like Adventure. Eh, In a Story game I can get a Mega but be like... a generic guy that takes part of the cups in Cyber Sleuth or something. So I'd have a decent enough team but would lose to the protagonists.
Keep up that mentality and you might become Haru from Appmon!

I gave my partner a full evolution line, plus various Jogress evolutions at the Ultimate level. Or “Fusions” if we have to have this argument.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The line for me is a simple line. My profile is the child I will have and it goes up to Ouryumon and if someone else have an Alphamon, then it will reach the final sword form, Ouryuken. It all started with Fufumon and Kyokyomon too. See, Ryudamon is one 1 or 3 X-antibody Digimon natural carriers that have their whole evolutionary line x-antibody. from the baby 1 to the final Ultimate stage.

Amity

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, my partner would be a female SnowAgumon > Tylomon > MegaSeadramon > AncientMermaidmon. Her Japanese VA would be Yui Horie and she would be a sweet little cinnamon roll. She's paired up with my Cyber Sleuth-verse OC named Cornelia, but I think she'd work as my partner too. I actually based my OC's aesthetics on the color palette of SnowAgumon and AncientMermaidmon.

IndustrialPanic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really like to write myself as a protagonist or an super op character, it just feels wrong to me somehow. But answering the question, it goes to at most ultra if the climax calls for it, I don't really like giving mc all the degivolutions under the sun since I think it makes things feel to bloated. In my opinion its more natural to have a set of characters that can DNA digivolve, other that can digixros and so on than dumping all the eggs in one basket if that makes any sense.

TitaniumTori

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My digimon is called Titanimon. A silvery white hawk like bird with gray eyes & a strong titanium like beak. I would also have a crest. It would be the crest of Intuition. I'm writing a fanfiction about it. I posted what has been written so far in the writers forum if you're interested. I haven't been able to write much lately due to the pain from my head due to one of my disabilities.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's easy for me hands down mine would be Impmon>Wizardmon>Baalmon/Reapmon>Beelzemon. That's my perfect line.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Instead of "my partner", I always dreamt to give stronger forms to certain digimon that truly deserves. For example, if Agumon and Gabumon gets "Bond" then I'd wish for other partners to get that Bond forms. Thankfully Hououmon and others managed to make it happen in Tri.
If V-mon and others didn't have their evo lines then I'd wish for their new evo lines without jogresses including Shakkoumon.
If Agnimon and Wolfmon got KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon then I'd wish for others to get that too even including "Evil Legendary Spirit Warriors", too. Equal treatment does matter! Although I'm not sure about Tamer partners because Sakuyamon Miko mode is hardly Power-up and SaintGalgomon still haven't gotten "Ultra Level"... I'm the type that favors equal power to share with others.

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for all the answers so far, everyone!

My digimon is called Titanimon. A silvery white hawk like bird with gray eyes & a strong titanium like beak. I would also have a crest. It would be the crest of Intuition. I'm writing a fanfiction about it. I posted what has been written so far in the writers forum if you're interested. I haven't been able to write much lately due to the pain from my head due to one of my disabilities.
I did see your writings, and read a little of it. Do you know of any Titanimon's evos in mind yet?

Instead of "my partner", I always dreamt to give stronger forms to certain digimon that truly deserves. For example, if Agumon and Gabumon gets "Bond" then I'd wish for other partners to get that Bond forms. Thankfully Hououmon and others managed to make it happen in Tri.
If V-mon and others didn't have their evo lines then I'd wish for their new evo lines without jogresses including Shakkoumon.
If Agnimon and Wolfmon got KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon then I'd wish for others to get that too even including "Evil Legendary Spirit Warriors", too. Equal treatment does matter! Although I'm not sure about Tamer partners because Sakuyamon Miko mode is hardly Power-up and SaintGalgomon still haven't gotten "Ultra Level"... I'm the type that favors equal power to share with others.
That right here is why I even started this thread! When I made up a Bio-Merge form for my Gazimon I had no doubts, because all the major tamers had one. Heck, even Kenta got a Mega, even if it wasn't a Bio-Mergre. But in when it come to Adventure, I can't help but question myself. If I make a Bond form, I'll be stronger than Izzy. Am I better than him? Or Jo? What makes me stronger than someone like them?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see. But it almost sounds like it is something similar to General fan-made Digimon topic yeah?

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see. But it almost sounds like it is something similar to General fan-made Digimon topic yeah?
It is in a way. I wanted to see how other people felt about making OC Digimon and how their process was. Did other people base their OC's on the strengths of characters from the show?

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like to partner with Lucemon as he is insanely strong and smart if I feel like to be a villain;
otherwise I don't mind as long as no Leomon and seadramon related digimon partners.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is in a way. I wanted to see how other people felt about making OC Digimon and how their process was. Did other people base their OC's on the strengths of characters from the show?
Hmm it's true. Usually based off of what they watched in their personal mindset. For me, I based on my fanmade partners off of Yugioh's terminal storyline and lore.

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My partner would be the standard Keramon to Diaboromon line. I have come up with OC evolutions in the past when I see interesting evolution mechanics: For instance I like to design OC armor evolutions for my digimon. I wouldn't ever make OC evolutions that would be stronger than the main character though. Just personally it feels wrong to me.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always pictured myself with a Coronamon who simply goes through the traditional Sunmon -> Coronamon -> Firamon -> Flaremon -> Apollomon line. However I imagine he combines with Dianamon to become Grace Novamon and actually fights Digimon World 3's Gaiamon so as simple as my partner is, they're still immensely powerful in my head. It's not my fault my favorite Digimon just happens to become a god and then transcends even that!

I'll be stronger than Izzy. Am I better than him? Or Jo? What makes me stronger than someone like them?
your Digimon might be stronger than Izzy's but Izzy himself is the strongest character in Adventure. I say this because he was able to manipulate the reality of the Digital World itself with just a 1997 laptop. To be stronger than Izzy, you need to be fluent in programming

Last edited:

TitaniumTori

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I did see your writings, and read a little of it. Do you know of any Titanimon's evos in mind yet?

That right here is why I even started this thread! When I made up a Bio-Merge form for my Gazimon I had no doubts, because all the major tamers had one. Heck, even Kenta got a Mega, even if it wasn't a Bio-Mergre. But in when it come to Adventure, I can't help but question myself. If I make a Bond form, I'll be stronger than Izzy. Am I better than him? Or Jo? What makes me stronger than someone like them?
I have Taurusmon right now a white bull with silvery white horns. The crest / statue of intuition helps with that evolution.

I have Taurusmon right now a white bull with silvery white horns. The crest / statue of intuition helps with that evolution.
Hey Everyone! Would you have a special crest for your digimon (none of the ones from the show)? If so, what would it be & what would your digimon's evolution be?

BeLKastel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My ideal line is: Plotmon X > Tailmon X > Angewomon X > Ofanimon X
I just love the alternate X-Antibody forms, especially Ofanimon's, her normal form was ok but not too great, but her X-Antibody form is gorgeous.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind: Sistermon Blanc > Blanc Awakened (slide evolution) > Sistermon Noir > Noir Awakened (slide evolution)> BeelStarmon > BeelStarmon X
It's not the typical evolution line, but seeing as Sistermons are odd in how their awakened forms work compared to normal evolutions I decided against giving a Perfect stage form.

At any rate, I wouldn't mind either of these, though my preference is with the Plotmon X line since Angewomon is my fav.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I started raising Digimon in the virtual pets, Digivices & video games since 1997 and to date I have over 40 devices in addition to playing the card game (Hyper Colosseum). Agumon is my Partner Digimon with the Greymon-species and Omegamon so if you count every form, variation & subspecies I would say basically every Greymon-species Digimon and Omegamon including all variations. Too many to list here with strength that knows no limit. I love the X Antibody counterparts most I would say.

Last edited: