How old is to old?

Lady_Apocalymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of us are already too old, I mean I'm 30 as of today and still thoroughly enjoy the franchise as it set me free from constraints of everyday life
Happy birthday! I assume from the comment. :)

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm 33 and just got back into Digimon, mainly the V-pets

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
30 here and liking Digimon is the least of my problems.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep, 30s too. Good to have a hobby to keep yourself going during this tough times

Witch King

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm 31.

I remember when the show first aired, and how exciting Saturday mornings were when a new episode came out.

Still get that excitement when new Digimon are released.

MaximillianGT

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You're never too old to enjoy things, especially if you grew up watching/playing it.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I met one old person who plays PS4 online so who cares about how childish is it? I have seen other grown ups displaying Pokemon in my life. It's just nothing to worry about. Old couple in Guinness world record revealed they really loved Disney and brought so much to fill up the whole room. I can say tons of things to say about. But in short, there is no harm in loving what you do. Only harmful is that you let people "overwrite" over you or fearful of people's views. Be honest and proud.

Driftwood

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You're never too old! I'm 32. It's a hobby; I've seen grown adults collect stuffed bears or figurines. it's really no big deal. Don't let anyone shame you. Being an adult means getting to decide what being an adult means!

cool potato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Being an adult means getting to decide what being an adult means!
Love this! Very well spoken.

Sums up what I've been thinking lately! Last week my partner and I decided we wanted chocolate milkshakes at 10am. Walked over to the diner and it was amazing. We both talked about how awesome it is to be an adult.

Soon to be 28. Been really getting to know myself better the last few years. Practicing the "I don't care what people think about me" mindset has been extremely liberating and rewarding. I've always wanted mutton chops but was self conscious about it. Decided to shave my beard and try them out in April since Covid left me housebound. Feels amazing. Was so surprised to see how much my girlfriend and friends like them.

You like what you like and that's that! Digimon will always be something I love.

Hub_731

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As anything in life, from alcohol, to gambling, to Digimon. Nothing is a problem unless it gets in the way of performing your other duties. As a parent if something got in the way of taking care of my little girl then it would be time to re-evaluate. I'd hope people would tell me or I would be wise enough to notice. The folks who are into Digimon are fine, but like anything if you let it overwhelm or get in the way of real relationship or taking care of yourself then it is an issue. Age has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As anything in life, from alcohol, to gambling, to Digimon. Nothing is a problem unless it gets in the way of performing your other duties. As a parent if something got in the way of taking care of my little girl then it would be time to re-evaluate. I'd hope people would tell me or I would be wise enough to notice. The folks who are into Digimon are fine, but like anything if you let it overwhelm or get in the way of real relationship or taking care of yourself then it is an issue. Age has nothing to do with it in my opinion.
I am in total agreement with this comment.

KakitaRen

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm 33 now and I still tear up when angemon digivolves to fight black war greymon. When Wizardmon dies, all of it. People often ask whats the secret to "eternal youth" and similar concepts.. I've always felt that the truth is to not lose that childlike wonder. That holding on those "childish" things is what lets you stay who you are as a person.

Those things that excite you when you're a kid that still excite you as an adult is what keeps you young.

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm 29 and will be 30 soon and I still love Digimon. I don't think I will ever outgrow it. And with the newer Digimon content that's coming out, it is aimed at a more "adult" audience, whatever that means lol. Being an adultier adult is boring to me.

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm 29, been into the franchise on & off for roughly 20 years at this point. And yeah, I used to feel ashamed I guess, but always knew on a rational level that it's due to a gorillion issues I'm not gonna dive into here. More to the point, buying something nice just for myself at least once a month is basically part of my therapy; I used to feel bad about spending any money on myself.

I don't discuss this particular hobby much in fleshspace as it's really super niche here in Finland. Some of my friends (all of whom are older than me) are very into Pokémon Go and such -- things that somebody might call them childish over, y'know? But anime & manga + related hobbies & interests have become very commonplace over the years. And I mean, I remember when it was concidered weird for a 30-something to be actively playing video games. Now? I don't think I have a single friend around my age who doesn't play something at least semi-regularly.

I have a daughter, too. She's nine. And honestly, hanging out with her and sharing my interests with her & having her share her own with me really helped with getting over the weird, violent shame with which I was struggling for years. It really sucked cuz, I mean, who wants to be feeling bad about something that should be bringing them joy?

These days I'll have the vpet(s) I'm raising on me at all times. Sometimes I'll make it into an accessory, too. And I'm sure it must be kinda weird for some folks still, but I really don't care. Everyone's gotta have something. This franchise is one of the few good things I've had with me since childhood. It's a friend, basically. Comfortable and nice. And I love that.

If I'm coming across as childish to somebody for being enthusiastic about Digimon, that's their hangup. I've already dealt with mine.

Monsuta Man

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All those grown men liking the Avengers?

At some point, they were for kids in the mid 1960s.

What is wrong with liking stuff you grew up on? I grew up on Sonic and Mario in the late 1980s, and early 90s. Still play Sonic til this day.

Sonic was much more popular than Mario when I was growing up. Although this is not the case today. Sonic was a pop culture icon, but the Saturn days ruined him...and that is when Mario eveutally passed him due to no true Sonic titles on the console. Sonic was pumping out numbered/mainstream titles left and right during the 16 bit era. Did not seem like Mario was keeping up.....He had stuff like Mario is missing and some other silly titles. Until, 64 saved him, but I digress....

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dead might be too old. Maybe. But don't go by me.

digigirl02

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
30 here and liking Digimon is the least of my problems.
Isn’t that the truth. Sometimes I wish I could go to the digital world. I just turned 37, and am still waiting for my own digivice and partner.

PCN24454

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
“Critics who treat ‘adult’ as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
— Excerpt from "On Three Ways of Writing for Children," an essay published by the Library Association in 1952