Hopes for Digimon survive?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Habu asked his friends to make it basically.
This kinda sounds as if the game will be a low effort game created to satisfy our friend ;).

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be surprised if Survive ends up coming out in 2021, at least for us Westerners. I get the impression the development has been difficult, but I'm perfectly willing to wait so they can polish it up all nicely!

Back on the topic though, I also really want someone with an aquatic Digimon partner in this. Maybe Miu or her still unnamed brother will have one.
It better not be delayed till 2021. What makes you think development been difficult?
Now, I might be wrong here, but Survive is being developed in-house correct? A lot of the other recent games like Cyber Sleuth and Re:Digitize were developed by outside companies like Media.Vision and Tri-Crescendo. It looks like the major exception was Next Order, which was done by a group with close ties to Bandai. Maybe they don’t have as much experience as these other companies or maybe using Unity as their engine again after Next Order (which certainly caused plenty of issues with the original version of Next Order) is causing some complications and slow development. Combine that with the fact Survive is a genre that the Digimon franchise has not really touched outside of some old WonderSwan games and I can certainly see how it could lead slow development. This is all just speculation on my part obviously, but it could certainly explain the delays and slow release of news.
Can someone tell me what in house means lol.

Torrin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be surprised if Survive ends up coming out in 2021, at least for us Westerners. I get the impression the development has been difficult, but I'm perfectly willing to wait so they can polish it up all nicely!

Back on the topic though, I also really want someone with an aquatic Digimon partner in this. Maybe Miu or her still unnamed brother will have one.
It better not be delayed till 2021. What makes you think development been difficult?
Now, I might be wrong here, but Survive is being developed in-house correct? A lot of the other recent games like Cyber Sleuth and Re:Digitize were developed by outside companies like Media.Vision and Tri-Crescendo. It looks like the major exception was Next Order, which was done by a group with close ties to Bandai. Maybe they don’t have as much experience as these other companies or maybe using Unity as their engine again after Next Order (which certainly caused plenty of issues with the original version of Next Order) is causing some complications and slow development. Combine that with the fact Survive is a genre that the Digimon franchise has not really touched outside of some old WonderSwan games and I can certainly see how it could lead slow development. This is all just speculation on my part obviously, but it could certainly explain the delays and slow release of news.
It means Bandai Namco (the publisher) is developing the game as well. Sometimes Bandai will hire 3rd party studios to develop games for them using their intellectual properties.

I am very excited for this game, already pre-ordered it. I like the VN style they are going for and SRPG battles.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It means Bandai Namco (the publisher) is developing the game as well. Sometimes Bandai will hire 3rd party studios to develop games for them using their intellectual properties.

I am very excited for this game, already pre-ordered it. I like the VN style they are going for and SRPG battles.
Ohh ok that makes sense now thanks for clearing that up. Same I'm pumped for it aswell I can't wait to get stuck into some cool strategy battles. Just hope we get a release date soon because it's getting annoying now.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know too much about this game and I'm not sure what rating it'll have but personally I hope there's a bit of horror involved that extends beyond just potential character deaths. Would spice things up genre-wise I feel. 😈

To that end, I also wonder if they'll incorporate elements of escape room-style games where you're given a time limit in which you must solve a puzzle(s) to avoid certain death.

Overall though I would love to see them put out a fascinating story with memorable characters who actually can get you to emotionally invest in their survival.

And this goes without saying but I also hope this game does amazing and actually changes how Digimon is seen in the West.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they won't make time trials in this game, or at least they will give enough time that even a monkey would be able to find a solution.

Could be nice if we would get some memorable characters, but I'm afraid we won't get any..

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know too much about this game and I'm not sure what rating it'll have but personally I hope there's a bit of horror involved that extends beyond just potential character deaths. Would spice things up genre-wise I feel. 😈

To that end, I also wonder if they'll incorporate elements of escape room-style games where you're given a time limit in which you must solve a puzzle(s) to avoid certain death.

Overall though I would love to see them put out a fascinating story with memorable characters who actually can get you to emotionally invest in their survival.

And this goes without saying but I also hope this game does amazing and actually changes how Digimon is seen in the West.
You have some good ideas especially the escape room one that would be cool. I'm sure there will be some horror involved. I have always thought that this will change digimon games for the better because of how it is so different. Let's hope we get everything we want in this game.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Horror? Yeah? Dokugumon and the abandoned building terrain. Cyclomon the horror mutated creature. Fangmon (Although it'd be more of childish toon horror). And judging pictures. It look like it came from the mystery horror islands filled with secret dangers you read in manga! But we still haven't explored into their "digital" world yet... Plus clicking and pointing leads to clues is part of the horror media. If it turns out it's not horror, still the beginning chapters will give you "horror-ish" vibes if that's good enough for you to enjoy. If it's not Horror enough, then what do you need to add for...?

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just hoping it's what I hope it's gonna be. Either way im sure it won't let me down. Still very keen no matter what.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Horror? Yeah? Dokugumon and the abandoned building terrain. Cyclomon the horror mutated creature. Fangmon (Although it'd be more of childish toon horror). And judging pictures. It look like it came from the mystery horror islands filled with secret dangers you read in manga! But we still haven't explored into their "digital" world yet... Plus clicking and pointing leads to clues is part of the horror media. If it turns out it's not horror, still the beginning chapters will give you "horror-ish" vibes if that's good enough for you to enjoy. If it's not Horror enough, then what do you need to add for...?
Yeah I'm not too concerned with the specifics of how they achieve that horror atmosphere, just that it's actually there and makes the player feel some degree of fear when they're playing. It seems like this game is going for a bit more of a mature feel which I love. This might go a long way to changing the franchise from being viewed as "just for kids" into something more serious that older audiences can look into too.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Playing Persona 4 gave me some ideas on what I think would be cool on Survive.

We know there are going to be multiple routes on the game and a good deal of the theories go for each partner having a Vaccine/Data/Virus evo routes. But P4 got me thinking there's potential for a deeper system, using one of the franchise's oldest gimmicks: Crests.

To contextualize, in Persona, the main character has traits like Courage, Understanding, Expression, etc. which can be developed during gameplay. I think this idea could be used in Survive, but using the crest traits instead. Every character would have a number of potential crests and improving them through gameplay choices would unlock different evo routes. Example: Minoru's Falcomon standard evolution is Diatrymon, but if you raise his Courage level, you would unlock Birdramon, but raising, let's say Friendship, would unlock Peckmon as an option.

Realisticaly, such a system would probably be used only with the protagonist, with the remaing characters being focused in one Crest.

KakitaRen

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point... simply getting any kind of information of any kind. Even saying its canceled is better than the silence.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah... Bandai don't bring the game even in TGS.... i really hope that they will give us some information at least

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
bro I just hope it comes out.

Survive I plan to mostly play for the story which seems to be its main selling point to begin with (branching story paths, actions having consequences, your don't choose your partner and every human character has a dynamic with their partners, an interactable overworld, a lot of Survive seems to rely on telling a good story) so if the story sucks, that's what I'm going to feel the most. However, I love most video game stories with Hacker's Memory being a story I particularly liked so I'm not too hard to please, but that does mean if they manage to let me down, they must have done a really bad job

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
bro I just hope it comes out.

Survive I plan to mostly play for the story which seems to be its main selling point to begin with (branching story paths, actions having consequences, your don't choose your partner and every human character has a dynamic with their partners, an interactable overworld, a lot of Survive seems to rely on telling a good story) so if the story sucks, that's what I'm going to feel the most. However, I love most video game stories with Hacker's Memory being a story I particularly liked so I'm not too hard to please, but that does mean if they manage to let me down, they must have done a really bad job
Man everyone hopes that the game will be release, but let us face reality here, they have some problem, big problem..... :( Still i'm with you about the story: survive seems really good regards the story of the characters and their partner, also even the combact system seems good (as a FE fan). Let's cross finger and hope that in TGS they will give us some information, but as i said prevously, Bandain doesn't bring DS as a game to the YGS :(

lordramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the cutscenes will be skippable.

But in a more good-faith hope. I really don't want fort management like in Pokemon Conquest. If Survive has one, I hope we can move our units around in a single menu

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I think a lot of people simply hope the game still exists at this point. Kazumasa Habu still retweets Survive fanart on occasion, but considering I'm so desperate as to even bring this up as evidence the game has not become vaporware, you know the situation is bad.

As a side note, there was a long stretch of time where he was not using Twitter this summer. I can't help but wonder if that was related to the issues Survive is clearly facing. Either that, or he just decided he needed a break from social media. :unsure:

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I think a lot of people simply hope the game still exists at this point. Kazumasa Habu still retweets Survive fanart on occasion, but considering I'm so desperate as to even bring this up as evidence the game has not become vaporware, you know the situation is bad.

As a side note, there was a long stretch of time where he was not using Twitter this summer. I can't help but wonder if that was related to the issues Survive is clearly facing. Either that, or he just decided he needed a break from social media. :unsure:
I'm worried aswell part of me is thinking it's cancelled the other part of me is holding what little faith I have left that it isn't cancelled.